Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

5 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Bottom line is that we wouldn’t be having this discussion if the Browns didn’t have such a cupcake schedule. I hope the Browns factored the schedule in when they hired their interim HC to HC. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-strength-of-schedule-texans-have-it-easiest-packers-face-roughest-ride/

The Browns had the 5th hardest schedule in the entire NFL last year. What are you even talking about?

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-strength-of-schedule-texans-have-it-easiest-packers-face-roughest-ride/

The Browns had the 5th hardest schedule in the entire NFL last year. What are you even talking about?

Article published last February based on how the teams played in 2017. In a league where things change rapidly due to injuries, etc, that article is irrelevant.

27 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Article published last February based on how the teams played in 2017. In a league where things change rapidly due to injuries, etc, that article is irrelevant.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/index.htm

@MWil23 yeah 5th hardest, that’s cake. 

Browns tied for 3rd hardest SOS. 

Cincy And Oak had the hardest schedule. Browns and Bucs ties for the 3rd hardest SOS

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2018/index.htm

@MWil23 yeah 5th hardest, that’s cake. 

Browns tied for 3rd hardest SOS. 

Cincy And Oak had the hardest schedule. Browns and Bucs ties for the 3rd hardest SOS

And what’s that rating based on?  Does it account for the Bengals losing their starting quarterback and playing Jeff Driskel? Or the Falcons losing half their defense to injury? 

You can’t tell me with a straight face that the Browns, at the very minimum, didn’t play a lot of terrible defenses this year. 

12 minutes ago, Gmen said:

And what’s that rating based on?  Does it account for the Bengals losing their starting quarterback and playing Jeff Driskel? Or the Falcons losing half their defense to injury? 

You can’t tell me with a straight face that the Browns, at the very minimum, didn’t play a lot of terrible defenses this year. 

It's based upon win percentage, the amount of teams you played with winning records, etc. You know...math. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c4f00cd6d354e4477

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

If the Falcons defense was so bad? Why did Barkley look so pedestrian against them? From week 7 to week 10 they only lost one more player to injury and that was an offensive lineman? Barkley didn’t even put up over 100yards of offense against them, where the real best rookie RB in this class put up 200yards of total offense and 2 TDs on them...

you act like Drisk started both games bs Cincy. First game vs cincy, Browns didn’t knock out dalton until the 2nd half and by then the browns were on cruise control. 

We get it, we throw out stats and you got nothing that can properly rebuttal it

59 minutes ago, Gmen said:

He had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio and 56% completions against the Ravens, numbers much more in line with his rookie quarterback peers. 

The Browns played 5 games against terrible defenses. In those 5 games Mayfield had 14 TDS, 1 INT.  Let’s be generous and say that if he played average defenses, he’d have 10 TDS, 5 INTs in those five games. That would give him 23 TD, 18 INTs on the season.  

Bottom line is that we wouldn’t be having this discussion if the Browns didn’t have such a cupcake schedule. I hope the Browns factored the schedule in when they hired their interim HC to HC. 

300+ yards and 3tds without a run game and a screw job by the refs? Not bad. He passed the eye test that day. 

More to the nfl than straight number buddy boy. 

At best Barkley was marginally better than Baker, but at a much simpler and less important position. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the Falcons defense was so bad? Why did Barkley look so pedestrian against them? From week 7 to week 10 they only lost one more player to injury and that was an offensive lineman? Barkley didn’t even put up over 100yards of offense against them, where the real best rookie RB in this class put up 200yards of total offense and 2 TDs on them...

you act like Drisk started both games bs Cincy. First game vs cincy, Browns didn’t knock out dalton until the 2nd half and by then the browns were on cruise control. 

We get it, we throw out stats and you got nothing that can properly rebuttal it

He had 94 yards and a touchdown. And while by his standards that’s a bad game, most running backs would gladly take that.

Well, there really is no convincing you guys that Mayfield wasnt disrespected by losing OROY to Barkley. I’ve already gone too far down this rabbit hole. As I depart, I would encourage you to look at your 2018 season with some perspective, especially when looking to the future. Setting high expectations can result in disappointment 

16 minutes ago, mistakey said:

dude bunos gonna lose his award

To an outsider!

maybe that was my plan. Lure him in here, keep taking the troll bait and egging him on but really did it to show you what a true homer looks like!!!

time to identify the real homer...

tumblr_inline_otm0vjubRE1tuzcai_500.gif

(Gasp) it was @Gmen the entire time!!’

@Gmen “I would have gotten away with it if it wasn’t for that stupid Dog (pound) and Baker Mayfield”

9 minutes ago, Gmen said:

He had 94 yards and a touchdown. And while by his standards that’s a bad game, most running backs would gladly take that.

Well we saw our rookie RB go for 200 yards and 2 TDs on that same defense... 

Chubb wouldn’t have settled like Barkley did

Archived