Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Once they keep losing he'll become an Eagles fan.

I would fully bank on Baker playing 16 bottom 5 defenses.

*@BakerMayfield snitchtag*

Well 5 of 13 of his games so far have been against bottom 5 defenses, which is a pretty solid percentage. So someone up there is obviously looking out for Mayfield. Who knows, maybe it’ll keep going

32 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I'm actually convinced Mahomes will win MVP for the next 15 years.  But if Mayfield keeps playing bottom 5 defenses, who knows?  Maybe he can be runner up?

He  played very well against the ravens who were a top defense. If Baker wants to be great  he can be hof good.

21 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Once they keep losing he'll become an Eagles fan.

Are you implying an NFC East circle jerk sir?!?!?

Is that all?!?!?!?

21 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I would fully bank on Baker playing 16 bottom 5 defenses. Good bet there. Great post. Makes sense.

*@BakerMayfield snitchtag*

*Bottom 3 defenses

58 minutes ago, Gmen said:

But if Mayfield keeps playing bottom 5 defenses, who knows?  Maybe he can be runner up?

Are the browns moving to the NFC East? It’s weird the browns faced the top passing defense twice and baker lit them up for 300+ yards each time 

54 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Isn’t that twice as many 300 yard games as Mahomes had against them?!?!?

Baker must be twice as good...

Wrong. They were only good when Mahomes faced them. They were bad before and prior to that game. Baker gets no credit for it

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

He  played very well against the ravens who were a top defense. If Baker wants to be great  he can be hof good.

He had a 1:1 TD to INT ratio and 56% completions against the Ravens, numbers much more in line with his rookie quarterback peers. 

The Browns played 5 games against terrible defenses. In those 5 games Mayfield had 14 TDS, 1 INT.  Let’s be generous and say that if he played average defenses, he’d have 10 TDS, 5 INTs in those five games. That would give him 23 TD, 18 INTs on the season.  

Bottom line is that we wouldn’t be having this discussion if the Browns didn’t have such a cupcake schedule. I hope the Browns factored the schedule in when they hired their interim HC to HC. 

Archived