Mayfield Snubbed for Offensive Rookie or the Year

buckeyesNut0623

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Well if your happy with 5 wins a year. Rock on

No one player makes a team. Put Mayfield on the Giants this year instead of Barkley, and they wouldn’t even get 4 wins. He’d get killed behind that offensive line, and there wouldn’t be a running game to help him. 

Furthermore, the Giants actually led the NFCE (which had 2 playoff teams) in scoring I believe. Much of the blame for the 5-11 season falls on the defense, not the offense. Barkley did his job. You can’t blame him for the 5-11 season. 

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Can we give Gmen the best visitor troll award? He's earned it.

This would be the most tame trolling in the history of this forum. I’m just trying to have a football discussion.

However, I would appreciate some likes on these posts which I work so hard on. You guys have quite the circle jerk going on here, And I want in on the action. 

Yeah, what don’t you guys get?

Troll @Gmen is just here to tell us how important a RB is in 2019 and how much better Haskins is than Mayfield despite not actually watching either of them play (but he saw some highlights bros).  Why is that so hard for some of you to understand?

He’s just trying to dialogue guys, stop circle jerking without him...

32 minutes ago, Gmen said:

No one player makes a team. Put Mayfield on the Giants this year instead of Barkley, and they wouldn’t even get 4 wins. He’d get killed behind that offensive line, and there wouldn’t be a running game to help him. 

Furthermore, the Giants actually led the NFCE (which had 2 playoff teams) in scoring I believe. Much of the blame for the 5-11 season falls on the defense, not the offense. Barkley did his job. You can’t blame him for the 5-11 season. 

Wouldn’t even get 4 wins? GTFO 

pretty sure if you add Baker and say Chubb or the other rookie RBs that did well this year that was drafted outside of the 1st, they are winning more than 4 games. Baker lead the Browns to 7 wins and the Giants have better passing weapons than the browns. 

Offensive line was garbage because Manning is now garbage and team didn’t have to respect him and the passing game. There is a reason the Browns Offensive line magically improve the moment Baker took over. The dude was quick and deceive with the ball.  

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

pretty sure if you add Baker and say Chubb or the other rookie RBs that did well this year that was drafted outside of the 1st, they are winning more than 4 games. Baker lead the Browns to 7 wins and the Giants have better passing weapons than the browns. 

Offensive line was garbage because Manning is now garbage and team didn’t have to respect him and the passing game. There is a reason the Browns Offensive line magically improve the moment Baker took over. The dude was quick and deceive with the ball.  

How many times can you take the bait??

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The Browns played some pretty lousy teams down the stretch.  You beat the Jeff Driskel led Bengals twice, who also had the worst defense in the league, and Mayfield was able to pad his stats with 7 TDs, 0 Interceptions. Two more games against Atlanta, Tampa Bay, who also had absolutely atrocious defenses.  Kansas City had a bad defense. You really have to put things in context.

It's pretty amazing that teams didn't have to respect the Giants passing game, and Barkley was still able to have the tremendous season he had.  Just another testimony to his greatness, and why I'm so excited about his future.

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

/thread

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How many times can you take the bait??

I nominate @LETSGOBROWNIES for the Chiavertini @LETSGOBROWNIES award (most takings of bait while telling others to not take said proverbial bait).

33 minutes ago, Gmen said:

The Browns played some pretty lousy teams down the stretch.  You beat the Jeff Driskel led Bengals twice, who also had the worst defense in the league, and Mayfield was able to pad his stats with 7 TDs, 0 Interceptions. Two more games against Atlanta, Tampa Bay, who also had absolutely atrocious defenses.  Kansas City had a bad defense. You really have to put things in context.

It's pretty amazing that teams didn't have to respect the Giants passing game, and Barkley was still able to have the tremendous season he had.  Just another testimony to his greatness, and why I'm so excited about his future.

Yeah some pretty lousy teams, teams like the falcons or panthers...who would lose to them

its funny you call the falcons defense atrocious and yet Barkley had a very pedestrian day vs them. 

You talk about putting thing into context, where is the context of dealing with hue and Haley the first 8weeks of the year and the first 5 games of his career

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not taking the bait, just having a little fun with the troll.

These will be fun to revisit in a couple of years.

Eh, I'm convinced Baker is who he was so there really isn't a debate to be had or anything to reflect upon in the future. The Giants couldn't have taken Baker because he was off of the board so the only real debate to be had was who was the OROY and that was Barkley. Some feel it should have been Mayfield but who really cares, Baker gets to pick out what necklace he gives to Barkley for losing the bet, hopefully it is a hilarious necklace.

Giants evidently have a terrible line, no QB and a terrible defense so Barkley will be stuck with a losing team for the foreseeable future so we'll just be feeling sorry for him after his wasted career. Meanwhile Baker will be carried by his team to MVPs and playoff games. We can live with that.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, I'm convinced Baker is who he was so there really isn't a debate to be had or anything to reflect upon in the future. The Giants couldn't have taken Baker because he was off of the board so the only real debate to be had was who was the OROY and that was Barkley. Some feel it should have been Mayfield but who really cares, Baker gets to pick out what necklace he gives to Barkley for losing the bet, hopefully it is a hilarious necklace.

Giants evidently have a terrible line, no QB and a terrible defense so Barkley will be stuck with a losing team for the foreseeable future so we'll just be feeling sorry for him after his wasted career. Meanwhile Baker will be carried by his team to MVPs and playoff games. We can live with that.

Oh I’m with you 100 percent.

I’ve said from the beginning that any reasonable Giants fan would gladly trade Saquon for Baker.  Anyone who wouldn’t is lying, an idiot or both.

19 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm actually convinced Mahomes will win MVP for the next 15 years.  But if Mayfield keeps playing bottom 5 defenses, who knows?  Maybe he can be runner up?

56 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not taking the bait, just having a little fun with the troll.

These will be fun to revisit in a couple of years.

Once they keep losing he'll become an Eagles fan.

25 minutes ago, Gmen said:

I'm actually convinced Mahomes will win MVP for the next 15 years.  But if Mayfield keeps playing bottom 5 defenses, who knows?  Maybe he can be runner up?

I would fully bank on Baker playing 16 bottom 5 defenses. Good bet there. Great post. Makes sense.

*@BakerMayfield snitchtag*

Archived