Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danger

Saquon Barkley wins AP Offensive Rookie of the Year

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Mayfield would have won it if he had 4K yards and 30 TD, or in other words played the whole season. Barkley had the magical 2K number so even breaking the TD passing record for rookies, the number 27 doesn't have much of a ring to it and neither does 3700 yards or averaging the most passing yards per game for a rookie . It was a close vote like I thought it would be. Look forward to watching them both in the future.

Another thing you have to consider, honestly... is that Barkley plays in New York, as fair or unfair as it might be, that definitely helped. I saw a vote breakdown somewhere by the way.

Barkley - 26.5 votes
Mayfield - 21.5 votes
Nelson - 2 votes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just get this Giants team a QB and a couple decent players on the line and it will be a dynamic offenses for the next 4 years with Barkley, Odell, Sterling, and Evan. 4 great offenses pieces all at 26 or younger! 

Edited by Malik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Another thing you have to consider, honestly... is that Barkley plays in New York, as fair or unfair as it might be, that definitely helped. I saw a vote breakdown somewhere by the way.

Barkley - 26.5 votes
Mayfield - 21.5 votes
Nelson - 2 votes

Lol Nelson. awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baker Mayfield shouldn’t complain too much cause the next big award is the MVP trophy and that only ever goes to the QB. Saquons never gonna usurp him for that one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

What I meant by mentality was is childish mentality that goes back to his college years.

The #1 WR reference was not a knock on him either (not sure how you took it so defensively) it only meant by how he would GAIN from it to take him to the top.

Childish Mentality? Why does he have to be button up and no show personality? 

Also what was so childish? Cause he talked shtt about Jackson? Jackson deserved every bit of it. If it was an issue, you would have saw the vets on the team wrangle him in. Not one player on the Browns roster took issue with what Baker said about Hue. Hell the players were prolly excited as hell that Randall and Baker put Hue on blast like that. The dude deserved every bit of it and prolly deserved even more. 

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Give Mayfield a stern HC/OC to work with

There is no need for a stern HC/OC. Kitchen isnt a hardarse coach. Him and Baker thrived!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

5 straight games against the 5 worst defenses in the NFL.  Let's stop trying to isolate the 2nd half of the season.  

2nd half of the season doesnt get isolated just for shtts and gigs, it gets isolated because thats when an actual OC came in and made the offense dynamic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malik said:

Just get this Giants team a QB and a couple decent players on the line and it will be a dynamic offenses for the next 4 years with Barkley, Odell, Sterling, and Evan. 4 great offenses pieces all at 26 or younger! 

hardest part is getting that QB. with the likes of Barkley they seem to be in the area of being potential bad but not bad enough to get the top QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

2nd half of the season doesnt get isolated just for shtts and gigs, it gets isolated because thats when an actual OC came in and made the offense dynamic. 

5 straight games against the 5 worst defenses

Edit t ok further expound on this against those 5 worst defenses he had ratings of 104, 80, 95, 151, & 143.  He threw 13 of his 27 TD passes.  Against teams that weren't bottom 5 he had ratings of 100, 70, 81, 52, 75, 126, 83, & 79.  In those 9 games he threw 10 TDs.  He feasted on horrible defenses and that is what a good QB should do.  He was average in the rest of his games.  He did not PROVE that he is on some other plane from the other rookie QBs.  Meanwhile look at what Barkley did against TOP rush defenses.  109 against Dallas, 125 against CHI, 101 and 130 against PHI.  

Edited by Superman(DH23)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, buno67 said:

hardest part is getting that QB. with the likes of Barkley they seem to be in the area of being potential bad but not bad enough to get the top QB. 

Well they have the #6 pick this year and at least two of the teams ahead of them (Jets and 49ers) already have their young QBs. Maybe 3 if we believe the Cardinals aren't going to move one from Josh. Might be as good as time as any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Baker Mayfield shouldn’t complain too much cause the next big award is the MVP trophy and that only ever goes to the QB. Saquons never gonna usurp him for that one 

Saquon is gonna follow AD's career path and win mvp in a few years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

His mentality is elite.

I'm gonna go around saying this about myself.

My mentality is elite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

5 straight games against the 5 worst defenses

Edit t ok further expound on this against those 5 worst defenses he had ratings of 104, 80, 95, 151, & 143.  He threw 13 of his 27 TD passes.  Against teams that weren't bottom 5 he had ratings of 100, 70, 81, 52, 75, 126, 83, & 79.  In those 9 games he threw 10 TDs.  He feasted on horrible defenses and that is what a good QB should do.  He was average in the rest of his games.  He did not PROVE that he is on some other plane from the other rookie QBs.  Meanwhile look at what Barkley did against TOP rush defenses.  109 against Dallas, 125 against CHI, 101 and 130 against PHI.  

3 quarterbacks threw for 300 yards against the Ravens. Mahomes and Baker twice. How are you determining bottom 5? Your opinion? It certainly isn't yards or pass defense.

Why did Barkley struggle against the Colts, Titans, 49ers, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers and the Cowboys the other time he played them? Is that what good RBs do?

Edited by Thomas5737

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't like Barkley didn't deserve the award, he did. It's believing that Mayfield was equal to the other rookie QBs or close to it and that it wasn't an exceptional rookie season for a rookie QB is why I am debating in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

It isn't like Barkley didn't deserve the award, he did. It's believing that Mayfield was equal to the other rookie QBs or close to it and that it wasn't an exceptional rookie season for a rookie QB is why I am debating in this thread.

I mean with Browns qbs any sort of positive season is pretty much historic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

3 quarterbacks threw for 300 yards against the Ravens. Mahomes and Baker twice. How are you determining bottom 5? Your opinion? It certainly isn't yards or pass defense.

Why did Barkley struggle against the Colts, Titans, 49ers, Redskins, Falcons, Panthers and the Cowboys the other time he played them? Is that what good RBs do?

First part: ok and? Yards is a terrible measure.  It has virtually no correlation to winning.  

As for ranking defenses, CIN, KC, ATL, TB are in the bottom 6 in virtually every category.  (The 5th in passing is cleveland) at the time they played PIT they were 30th in pass defense.

 

For me, and granted this is just my opinion is that greatness is determined by what you do against the highest levels of competition.  That's why so many people call Brady the GOAT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×