Todd Gurley

showtime

Just now, jrry32 said:

Why was he limping on the field if he was healthy?

I didn't say he was completely healthy. I also stated he could have been at worst nicked up and it may have taken a little bit out of him, but for him to have that kind of showing there had a be a serious injury of some sorts.

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

what does that mean? lol

Did you forget the part about Gurley missing the end of the regular season with a knee injury? I said before the playoffs started that Gurley was going to be limited (at least initially). In fact I had a long argument with @jrry32 about it heading into week 17 because I wanted the niners to beat the rams and make them the #3 seed, specifically because I thought the extra week would greatly benefit gurley

Certainly didn't miss that Cowboys game and those open holes big enough for a Jetta to drive through against our injured 1Tech.

This is what I'm talking about. Injuries, injuries, injuries. When he does do great you guys laugh and love to point out that he rolls on people even when dealing with them but these last few weeks when he has brought little to nothing to the table then somehow those injuries are supposed to be catastrophic and a crutch. If so why weren't they listed? This isn't something that would have happened just before or early in the game either because he sucked versus the Saints too.

So he either failed to bring it in the big games (which is what I meant by not being there mentally) or he has been grievously injured and it was not made public like it should have been.

@jrry32

just found out he wasn’t listed as a full participant...

I still think the rule is dumb, but he wasn’t on the report at all.

25 minutes ago, Dome said:

In that case, we'll have to pay a $25,000 fine. xD

Just posted this in the SB thread, then found this one.

I'm still of the opinion  Gurley was/is more injured then is being reported. My question is this.

Could they have decided (Gurley included) not to divulge the severity for a competitive advantage so the Patriots and Saints couldn't  prepare? If the answer is Yes, Can the reason they are still keeping it hush hush post SB is because  the "Didn't " report said injury, circumventing the injury report rules to the point, they could get in trouble  by the NFL?

Only explanation  I can fathom for McVay not utilizing his  best player in either game!

4 hours ago, Dome said:

So if we ignore his best runs of the day his stats look worse. That’s a given though, you can create the same argument for any player in any game regardless of their health.

I don’t really get the point of the argument, he made runs of 35 and 18 on the same knee he played on for every other run that game.

What if we remove his 2 worst runs? Then his stats look better than they were. What would that tell us?

Just an odd way to make a point IMO.

The two big runs are a bigger outlier than his two worst runs. That's essentially the argument. As others have said his cutting has not been there as before injury.

And if this is all mental then the Rams need to trade him soon because that means his brain is going.

Gurley is not one of the more elite talents in the leauge. Definitely not as good as his numbers indiciate. His numbers are propped up playing behind an elite oline and in a great system. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1055172043463946240

He continually faces the least stacked boxes in the leauge and breaks tackles under the leauge average at his position. 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

Its pretty telling when CJ Anderson looks close to washed in Carolina, comes to LA and produces at a near elite mark on the ground. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Just posted this in the SB thread, then found this one.

This is preposterous.

Purposefully deciding not to play Gurley to try and confuse the Pats is by far the dumbest thing a coach could ever do.

This would be like Belichick benching Brady in hopes that the Rams would have no answer for whoever the backup QB is.

26 minutes ago, jarren said:

Gurley is not one of the more elite talents in the leauge. Definitely not as good as his numbers indiciate. His numbers are propped up playing behind an elite oline and in a great system. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1055172043463946240

He continually faces the least stacked boxes in the leauge and breaks tackles under the leauge average at his position. 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/2017/rotopass-broken-tackles

Its pretty telling when CJ Anderson looks close to washed in Carolina, comes to LA and produces at a near elite mark on the ground. 

Gurley is a stud, dude. And when healthy, he's one of the best counters to NE's defense. He's one of the NFL's best passing-game HBs. Yet, we didn't involve him in the passing game. That only makes sense if you think McVay either doesn't recognize a weakness we all recognize or Gurley is injured. It's humorous that Sean McVay apparently isn't an offensive genius, but Todd Gurley and Jared Goff's strong production is entirely due to his system. Y'all really need to figure out your story and stick to it.

Also, C.J. Anderson didn't look close to washed in Carolina. He was a 1000 yard HB in 2017 and produced well when he played in Carolina. He wasn't getting PT because McCaffery was getting 95+% of the snaps.

Archived