ESPN 2019 Power Rankings

DigInBoys

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah that's crazy. That would never happen.

...except for this year when it already happened.

Yes, Rodgers had a losing record for the first time since his first starting season. The Browns came the closest to not having a losing record as they have in over a decade. Hence, why I said an overreaction to how the teams are perceived in the monent. 

This is about what I think is likely for the two teams. Not what is possible/impossible. The Dolphins could beat the Pats (again), but I still think it'd be wild to pick them in a matchup next year.

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

Look, you are entitled to your opinion.

Just know that you are the only one or maybe a few other Chargers fans who believe the Chargers are a better team than the Chiefs. 

For the rest of us, the Chiefs are clearly the better team, now and moving forward. It is what it is.

Go and see the top 10 teams this season and 2019 ESPN power ranking threads, no one is ranking the Chargers above the Chiefs. But look, I have seen stubborn people like you before.

You would have thought that Pats game would have humbled a fan like you but it seems like it's all the opposite lol. It's all good.

Other KC fans agreeing with you, doesnt make for everyone. Im sorry that you cant seem to grasp or comprehend that most people who are unbiased, consider the Chargers vastly better. When looking at KC peoples optimistism comes from people thinking Mahomes can play at the same level. He is an exciting young talent. Unproven if he is consistent year in and year out. But the KC optimisim starts and ends there. For LAC the optimisim is on the entire team and roster. With really only some fixes on the oline

Chargers were the better team in 2018 and should be going forward. Again you arent presenting any facts.

KC beat Chargers week 1. We beat you week 15 at your place, we finished 6-2 to KC 4-4, we both went 13-4 and got eliminated to NE. We had more probowlers, a better balance with a top 10 offense and defense and finished with alot more injuries.

You would of thought Chargers beating you would of humbled you, at your place on a Thursday night (where road teams dont fair well.. missing a probowl WR and RB. 2 top 6 players at their position)

I get KC fans want to hold on to the Mccoy years for the Chargers, but he's not here anymore. Chargers have a real coach now and are the better team. Its not that big of a deal. 

1 hour ago, Chiefer said:

They won once this past season.

Chiefs destroyed them in LA. Chargers barely eked out a win in KC and treated it like their SB.

Chiefs didnt destroy them. Anyone who watched that game knows Chargers should of won week 1. They had 3 dropped deep wide open td passes. KC had some lucky plays like a Chargers rookie who was cut couple weeks later, muffing a punt to give KC the ball on the 2 yd line. KC also had a punt return for TD, something they didnt do all year. Pure definition of fluke. You mean the same way KC treated their win over Baltimore as their superbowl?

58 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Image result for punctuation chart

Here ya go buddy.

btw, the Chargers are not better than the Chiefs.

Great arguement. Is this how you mustered those 1960 rep points? With insightful post like this.  Since you wanted to jump in, make the argument. I'll wait patiently. 

16 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chiefs didnt destroy them. Anyone who watched that game knows Chargers should of won week 1. They had 3 dropped deep wide open td passes. KC had some lucky plays like a Chargers rookie who was cut couple weeks later, muffing a punt to give KC the ball on the 2 yd line. KC also had a punt return for TD, something they didnt do all year. Pure definition of fluke. You mean the same way KC treated their win over Baltimore as their superbowl?

Chiefs were up 31 - 12 at one point. You guys had a chance in garbage time and blew it per usual. 

We hadnt lost to the Ravens 13 times before that. So no. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Chiefs were up 31 - 12 at one point. You guys had a chance in garbage time and blew it per usual. 

We hadnt lost to the Ravens 13 times before that. So no. 

Thanks to the punt return, the muffed fumble to get the ball on the 2 yd line, multiple dropped wide open td passes. Chargers dominated nearly every statline. Context in game is how you determine domination, not scoreboard. Score was very misleading.

Chargers didnt lose 13 times to KC either, soooo... KC players celebrated vs Ravens how LAC celebrated vs KC. Thats what teams do on winning plays, even the Patriots. Dont flatter yourself that it was the Chargers superbowl, not even close. 

19 hours ago, Buckweath said:

Lol. It is hard to be objective, isn't it?

Chiefs got you guys in their pocket and this is not changing anytime soon.

I like you, though.

In their pocket?

Didn't we win our last matchup in Arrowhead? Or were we watching different games?

Not saying that the Chiefs shouldn't be ranked highly, but I'll never understand the smugness the Chiefs fanbase seems to have towards us when it's really not warranted. You guys literally have won the division 2/3 past seasons on tiebreakers, and just went to your first AFCCG in like 50 years.

You had a winning streak on us that mostly was against Mike McCoy led teams that were going 4-12 and 5-11, you beat us week 1 this season when we had zero film on Mahomes other than a meaningless week 17 game in 2017, we held the Chiefs offense to under 300 yards in the 2nd matchup.

The Chiefs offense took a huge step back after the Hunt incident happened, and it is going to be a tall task to find a RB who can be half as effective as he was. That isn't to mention that NFL Coaches get an entire offseason to study Mahomes, and it's unlikely he will throw for 50 TD's again.

The Chargers aren't losing anyone too important this offseason, they are getting Hunter Henry back and are a year older and now have playoff experience, there is reason for both teams to be optimistic heading into next season.

11 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Thanks to the punt return, the muffed fumble to get the ball on the 2 yd line, multiple dropped wide open td passes. Chargers dominated nearly every statline. Context in game is how you determine domination, not scoreboard. Score was very misleading.

Chargers didnt lose 13 times to KC either, soooo... KC players celebrated vs Ravens how LAC celebrated vs KC. Thats what teams do on winning plays, even the Patriots. Dont flatter yourself that it was the Chargers superbowl, not even close. 

So due to a series of unfortunate events you lost. Okay Lemony Snicket. You didnt play well enough to win and the scoreboard reflected that.

13 or 9, i know yall had a long losing streak vs the Chiefs. Still couldnt take the first seed with the "better team" afterwards. Then get demolished by the patriots. 

But at least you got the "better team" amirite?

5 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

In their pocket?

Didn't we win our last matchup in Arrowhead? Or were we watching different games?

Not saying that the Chiefs shouldn't be ranked highly, but I'll never understand the smugness the Chiefs fanbase seems to have towards us when it's really not warranted.

You had a winning streak against us that mostly was against Mike McCoy led teams that were going 4-12 and 5-11, you beat us week 1 this season when we had zero film on Mahomes other than a meaningless week 17 game in 2017, we held the Chiefs offense to under 300 yards in the 2nd matchup.

The Chiefs offense took a huge step back after the Hunt incident happened, and it is going to be a tall task to find a RB who can be half as effective as he was. That isn't to mention that NFL Coaches get an entire season to study Mahomes, and it's unlikely he will throw for 50 TD's again.

The Chargers aren't losing anyone too important this offseason, they are getting Hunter Henry back and are a year older and now have playoff experience, their is reason for both teams to be optimistic heading into next season.

Mainly because theyve owned the Chargers for like 5 years.

Before the 2018 Arrowhead game your guys laat win came against the Chase Daniel-led b squad like 6 years ago. And they still almost beat them.

10 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

So due to a series of unfortunate events you lost. Okay Lemony Snicket. You didnt play well enough to win and the scoreboard reflected that.

13 or 9, i know yall had a long losing streak vs the Chiefs. Still couldnt take the first seed with the "better team" afterwards. Then get demolished by the patriots. 

But at least you got the "better team" amirite?

Remind me who won our last game. My memory seems to be a lil foggy. I mean, the most reflective occurence of the current state of both teams has to be the most recent matchup. So, just for the sake of my sanity, who won that one? Big difference between 13 and 9. That's 2 whole season of sweeps. Awesome that KC fans take solace in beating a Mccoy led 5-11 and 4-12 Chargers team.

Tie breaker saved you from being a 5 seed. We both lost to NE, us on the road you at home. Do they have banners on KC for more admirable losses?

4 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Mainly because theyve owned the Chargers for like 5 years.

Before the 2018 Arrowhead game your guys laat win came against the Chase Daniel-led b squad like 6 years ago. And they still almost beat them.

Again... which is more reflective of current state of the teams a game 5 years ago ( dalawls) or a game like 7 weeks ago.  Abort time machine...

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Remind me who won our last game. My memory seems to be a lil foggy. I mean, the most reflective occurence of the current state of both teams has to be the most recent matchup. So, just for the sake of my sanituly, who won that one? Big difference between 13 and 9. That's 2 whole season of sweeps. Awesome that KC fans take solace in beating a Mccoy lead 5-11 and 4-12 Chargers team.

Tie breaker saved you from being a 5 seed. We both lost to NE, us on the road you at home. Do they have banners on KC for more admirable losses?

So that was your Super Bowl then? You make it sound like Chargers won by 50, settle down lol 

Archived