ESPN 2019 Power Rankings

DigInBoys

7 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Right. We're the ones who don't know what our team is. We're the ones that are over-confident.

2 hours ago, Buckweath said:

I mean I hope you guys enjoyed that win by a hair because to be honest, not sure at all that you will sniff a win against the Chiefs next year. That team will be even better.

You sure about that?  I'm guessing the blinders prevent you from seeing fellow fans comments..

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

You sure about that?  I'm guessing the blinders prevent you from seeing fellow fans comments..

You're trying to bet that the Chargers will blow out the Chiefs both games next year. That's still a clear step above him not being sure you'll get a win against the Chiefs next year. And he at least has history on his side.

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You're trying to bet that the Chargers will blow out the Chiefs both games next year. That's still a clear step above him not being sure you'll get a win against the Chiefs next year. And he at least has history on his side.

Not sniffing a win is suggesting blowouts. What history, years ago? Recent history is on my side. Most recent game. What is more relevant a game 7 weeks ago or like 2 years ago?

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

Not sniffing a win is suggesting blowouts. What history, years ago? Recent history is on my side. Most recent game. What is more relevant a game 7 weeks ago or like 2 years ago?

You're claiming we're over-confident, while simultaneously claiming that 1 win makes you better? What is more relevant is a larger sample size. Teams beat better teams semi-regularly. One game is nothing in terms of predicting future outcomes.

That 1 win wouldn't even justify predicting blowouts. You won by a point. On the year you were a net negative in points against us. The series was a tie. You lost the division. Your confidence is the irrational bit here.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You're claiming we're over-confident, while simultaneously claiming that 1 win makes you better? What is more relevant is a larger sample size. Teams beat better teams semi-regularly. One game is nothing in terms of predicting future outcomes.

That 1 win wouldn't even justify predicting blowouts. You won by a point. On the year you were a net negative in points against us. The series was a tie. You lost the division. Your confidence is the irrational bit here.

Larger sample size in the NFL is absolutely irrelevant. These teams are nothing like they were 2 years ago. Even a year ago. The closest resemblance to what these teams currently are and will be in the future is their last game. We won by 1 on the road on a thursday night missing a top 7 WR and a top 4 RB. This in a year where your qb had a historic season, in which all probability points to him not ever replicating.. probably never coming close based on all other qbs who had big seasons that were comparative, outside Peyton. Again, you won by a tie breaker. Its not like you did anything to garner a real advantage... the tie breaker scenario just favored you guys with division record.

My confidence is based on beating you guys at your place, your only loss at home, on a short week with us missing probowl players... in a season your qb had a historic season, in which you guys had a 14 pt lead in the 4th.  Breaking that irrelevant streak, is typically the catalyst in this league to start new streaks. 

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Great arguement. Is this how you mustered those 1960 rep points? With insightful post like this.  Since you wanted to jump in, make the argument. I'll wait patiently. 

There is no point in "arguementing" with you. It'll probably end up getting me banned.

Chiefs/Bolts are a toss up.. Right now I give KC a very slight edge but it's very very slight. I do expect the Bolts to win the division next year at 12-4 while KC go in as a wildcard at 11-5. Now that we have the Arrowhead monkey off our back we are definitely a possibility to sweep the Chiefs next season.

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yeah, stick to being the typo-cop, it takes less effort. Side busting with no substance is 2016 fam, get things together in the future.

I like to consider myself more of an IQ cop. Just thought yours seemed incredibly low and wanted to share a nice little tool for you to utilize. I figured it could help you get off the spectrum.

The amount of young ascending talent that the Chiefs have outweighs that of the Chargers. They have the NFL MVP and he's not even 23 years old yet. Their defense can't get any worse than it was in 2018. They have holes, but they aren't at positions that are difficult to fill. They're getting back key pieces that missed a lot of time. They're going to add a RB and some trench players on both sides of the ball and be ready to roll.

The Chargers have old man Rivers as their QB. I don't know if he can keep up the same production moving forward. Plus they're going to be losing some key free agents on defense. I still really like their roster, but they're not more talented than the Chiefs. The arrow on the Chiefs is point up, whereas I expect the Chargers arrow to stay relatively the same.

You're on an island all by your lonesome if you're going to thump your chest and claim that 1 victory over the Chiefs makes your team better than they are. I'm not even a Chiefs fan...and would consider myself more of a fan of the Chargers if I had to pick. But my brain and eyes are telling me that the Chiefs are the better team.

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I like to consider myself more of an IQ cop. Just thought yours seemed incredibly low and wanted to share a nice little tool for you to utilize. I figured it could help you get off the spectrum.

The amount of young ascending talent that the Chiefs have outweighs that of the Chargers. They have the NFL MVP and he's not even 23 years old yet. Their defense can't get any worse than it was in 2018. They have holes, but they aren't at positions that are difficult to fill. They're getting back key pieces that missed a lot of time. They're going to add a RB and some trench players on both sides of the ball and be ready to roll.

The Chargers have old man Rivers as their QB. I don't know if he can keep up the same production moving forward. Plus they're going to be losing some key free agents on defense. I still really like their roster, but they're not more talented than the Chiefs. The arrow on the Chiefs is point up, whereas I expect the Chargers arrow to stay relatively the same.

You're on an island all by your lonesome if you're going to thump your chest and claim that 1 victory over the Chiefs makes your team better than they are. I'm not even a Chiefs fan...and would consider myself more of a fan of the Chargers if I had to pick. But my brain and eyes are telling me that the Chiefs are the better team.

People who dwell on silly typos are merely antagonist and not anyone worried about contributing to the conversation.

Many media outlets have commented how the Chargers have the most talent in the entire NFL and somehow you think KC has more talent? Id love to know who the talent is. Let's look at the talent both teams have. They also had the most probowlers and on top of that unlike KC had a top 10 offense and defense.

Chargers:

Derwin, Hayward, King, Ingram, Bosa, Allen, Hunter, Gordon, Mike Williams and Rivers. This is just top tier talent.

Chiefs

Mahomes, Houston, Ford, Hill, Kelce, Watkins and C. Jones.  I might consider Berry, but he is 30 and only played about 2 1/2 games in 2 years.

Outside of Rivers that talent is very young. Plus this will be their 3rd year with their coach. The more coaching experience lynn has the better he is expected to be. Whereas we know what Reid is.

Rivers is a proven commodity. We dont know what Mahomes is outside 1 year. I expect he will still be good, not 50 td and 5000 yd good. That level of play is improbable to maintain. That level of play was KC's entire catalyst for their success. As that play regresses so will their overall success. It's a no brainer. Rivers great year was on pace with multiple other seasons he had that were as good.  Which is good for top 3-4 qb play. 

I'm really not on an island by myself. Im on an island called logic applies and many are here enjoying the abundance of logic. Not to mention Chargers finished the season 6-2 and KC finished 4-4 and one of those 2 for chargers, they redeemed by beating Baltimore 2 weeks later.  But kudos for actually providing some substance, even if it was wrong.

I get my demeanor is off putting and i apologize for that. I just have low tolerance for incompetence. If someone thinks KC is better, fine. If they feel they dont need to explain, fine. But if they are going to tell me i am wrong for saying LAC is better, then all i ask is make the argument. A real logical competent argument. 

Archived