Which team would win the SB if Saints and Chiefs went?

mdonnelly21

///  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would win?

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the KC love came from. Because going into the playoffs, most everyone on here but their fans was off that bandwagon, including alot of the media.  They had an easy home win vs Indy... then got shutout by NE 1st half at home. Then rallied where their bad defense played very well and forced big turnovers. Then im guessing everyone is being influenced that KC gave NE toughest game in the playoffs and looking at the Dee Ford play as a reason KC didnt go to the SB.  Truth is KC is a tough place to play and NE isnt a great road team in the playoffs historically or this year in the reg season. So people are being brainwashed by perception of a loss.

KC was not that team all year. I reiterate. 1-5 in primetime games vs winning teams. KC was good, NOOOO WAY were they in discussion for best team. Unless ya really diggin Mahomes unique voice. Just show me what im missing, im stumped. 

You're missing the part where the Chiefs were a coin flip away from being champions despite having the worst defense in the league. 

They have a good chance of improving their defense this off-season with the DC change and two 2nd rounders in the draft.

10 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Having the MVP gives them a chance. KC wins that coin flip and who knows what happens.

KCs defense really gave them no chance. It was gonna lose them a game and it did in primetime. Repeatedly.

There is some hope with a change in defensive policy. Frogman getting another year wiser, trusting his weapons more. 

This was never supposed to be a SB run kinda year. The facts are they held the top seed the whole year despite that. Frog voice and all. The future is bright for sure.

You are touching more on the future, not the present. I hate predicting the future. Because does it hardly ever go how people predict. Like as a Charger fan, id say get back the injured players, finally start Forrest Lamp, address LG and RT in draft and Chargers are ready.  But i know the reality is no matter how bright the future looks you cant account or predict players regressing, injuries, bad luck, defenses and offenses better prepared for more system based units. So much that can happen. Bad drafts, other teams in division being better, tougher schedule. Projections are crap shoots.

39 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

You are touching more on the future, not the present. I hate predicting the future. Because does it hardly ever go how people predict. Like as a Charger fan, id say get back the injured players, finally start Forrest Lamp, address LG and RT in draft and Chargers are ready.  But i know the reality is no matter how bright the future looks you cant account or predict players regressing, injuries, bad luck, defenses and offenses better prepared for more system based units. So much that can happen. Bad drafts, other teams in division being better, tougher schedule. Projections are crap shoots.

Well im gonna stay positive

13 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I'm going crazy trying to figure out where the KC love came from. Because going into the playoffs, most everyone on here but their fans was off that bandwagon, including alot of the media.  They had an easy home win vs Indy... then got shutout by NE 1st half at home. Then rallied where their bad defense played very well and forced big turnovers. Then im guessing everyone is being influenced that KC gave NE toughest game in the playoffs and looking at the Dee Ford play as a reason KC didnt go to the SB.  Truth is KC is a tough place to play and NE isnt a great road team in the playoffs historically or this year in the reg season. So people are being brainwashed by perception of a loss.

KC was not that team all year. I reiterate. 1-5 in primetime games vs winning teams. KC was good, NOOOO WAY were they in discussion for best team. Unless ya really diggin Mahomes unique voice. Just show me what im missing, im stumped. 

So what is it you're looking for here? You have about 4 threads that are getting turned into Charger vs Chiefs threads. You're like the 5 walking around the party begging everyone to see a 10. So if I say "sure, Chargers are the GOATS!! WOOHOO!" is there a trophy you get for that? Lol geez dude

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

So what is it you're looking for here? You have about 4 threads that are getting turned into Charger vs Chiefs threads. You're like the 5 walking around the party begging everyone to see a 10. So if I say "sure, Chargers are the GOATS!! WOOHOO!" is there a trophy you get for that? Lol geez dude

I didnt turn post into Chargers vs Chiefs.. theu are post about chiefs or that involve circumstances in which both teams are involved (espn rankings) where i merely said swap Chiefs and LAC, because LAC was better. I made my argument and the only counter i get is "derp derp mahomes derp derp rivers is 80.. derp derp we beat chargers 5 years ago for a streak that ended this year". New streak is now 1 straight for chargers. Until KC can prove to beat the Chargers, dont see how they are better.  Its not that serious. 

17 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Rams would have beaten the Chiefs. Looking at the absolute brilliance of Wade Phillips against Brady, he'd have had something cooked up for Mahomes. I can't say the same about Bob Sutton. That's the big difference in the game. It would have made for a better game, and I thought before last night that KC would have won this time around. However, seeing our defense play like it did last night, I don't think the Chiefs would have won that game. I don't think Bob Sutton or the Chiefs defense are capable of doing what BB and the Pats defense did.

He didn't really the first time, though.

And I know what you'll say, well now it would've been different because he saw him once, he had more time to gameplan, more tape, all that. But that didn't stop Mahomes against Belichek in their rematch.

6 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

He didn't really the first time, though.

And I know what you'll say, well now it would've been different because he saw him once, he had more time to gameplan, more tape, all that. But that didn't stop Mahomes against Belichek in their rematch.

Mahomes and the Chiefs were at home and still scored 9 less points. That may not seem huge in the grand scheme of things, but it is significant. Plus, as you said, two weeks to prepare is quite different. It's also worth pointing out that we didn't have Aqib Talib in the first meeting. And our DL stepped its game up in the playoffs, especially against the run. Plus, y'all had Kareem Hunt in that game.

I'm not saying we would have held KC to 13 points. But y'all wouldn't have been able to score at will. I think we would have won 30-27 or something along those lines.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Mahomes and the Chiefs were at home and still scored 9 less points. That may not seem huge in the grand scheme of things, but it is significant. Plus, as you said, two weeks to prepare is quite different. It's also worth pointing out that we didn't have Aqib Talib in the first meeting. And our DL stepped its game up in the playoffs, especially against the run. Plus, y'all had Kareem Hunt in that game.

I'm not saying we would have held KC to 13 points. But y'all wouldn't have been able to score at will. I think we would have won 30-27 or something along those lines.

That's fairer, I suppose. I took your original post as a suggestion that he'd stop KC's O to the extent he stopped New England's.

Though, for fairness, I have to mention we didn't have our starting interior OL against the Rams the first time ;)

18 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

Chiefs would win. Brees arm has been dead since December and they wouldn't have been able to keep up in scoring. 

Brees arm has been dead since longer than December.  That wasn't the problem.  Brees arm was dead while he had like 28 TDs, 1 pick and 127 rating.  The problem was a lot more to do with every starter on the oline getting injured and having to play through injuries.

And it doesn't mean they can't score, they just stopped scoring 40 and 50 like they had been.

10 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

yeah brees was literally the mvp until he shat the bed against dallas and that’s with this arm that was so dead throughout the season

he’s such a smart footballer he can function without needing to sling it deep every other snap

I think it was a literally a tight race for sure.

Hes such a surgeon in the pocket, its incredible.

Archived