Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

Just now, jrry32 said:

LOL. Please do. Go ahead and compare how the Eagles and Rams fared against the Saints in the playoffs. Let me know what the results show. I just can't with these terrible arguments.

Oh you mean the game you shouldn't have won?

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Pederson has done enough to get his team to the playoffs despite being decimated by injuries in both seasons AND he has had more post season success. 

And yes it absolutely is something to be said. If McVay if the one calling plays and he puts up THREE points in the Super Bowl it's absolutely his fault. HE choked. HE failed the team.

Pederson has made the playoffs in 2 out of 3 years. He has won the division in 1 out of 3 years. He has posted 10+ wins in the regular season in 1 out of 3 years. You continue to cling to that Super Bowl year, but Pederson hasn't yet proven it was anything more than just one great year. McVay, on the other hand, has made the playoffs in 2 out of 2 years, has won the division in 2 out of 2 years, and has posted 10+ wins in 2 out of 2 years.

Just now, Danger said:

Sean McVay is a better playcaller
Doug Pederson is a better coach

Except for the fact that McVay has a significantly better winning percentage.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

Oh you mean the game you shouldn't have won?

Last I checked, it shows a W.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Must be nice to just call points "pathetic" without actually giving counter evidence.

I countered your "point" with a death blow. You compared one common opponent. Of course, the Rams played that common opponent like 5 or 6 weeks before the Eagles did. You conveniently ignored the common opponent that the Eagles played the week before the Rams in the playoffs. Your argument fails on that basis alone.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Pederson has made the playoffs in 2 out of 3 years. He has won the division in 1 out of 3 years. He has posted 10+ wins in the regular season in 1 out of 3 years. You continue to cling to that Super Bowl year, but Pederson hasn't yet proven it was anything more than just one great year. McVay, on the other hand, has made the playoffs in 2 out of 2 years, has won the division in 2 out of 2 years, and has posted 10+ wins in 2 out of 2 years.

He won a super bowl with a team that sustained many important injuries. He made the playoffs with a team DECIMATED by injuries. The Rams have had a ridiculous amount of talent on that team when he got there so lets not try and oversell him as making something out of nothing. 

You keep holding on to your regular season Super Bowl Trophy. Have fun. But yeah it must be nice having a division where the Cardinals and the 9ers basically have been CFL caliber teams in his first two seasons.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I countered your "point" with a death blow. You compared one common opponent. Of course, the Rams played that common opponent like 5 or 6 weeks before the Eagles did. You conveniently ignored the common opponent that the Eagles played the week before the Rams in the playoffs. Your argument fails on that basis alone.

A death blow? Is that what you calling "Your point sucks lol I'm just gonna ignore it."

Common opponents in the playoffs? You mean like the Falcons last year? Oh right.

The Rams have been one of the healthiest teams in the league, it sure helps to have the right players.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He won a super bowl with a team that sustained many important injuries. He made the playoffs with a team DECIMATED by injuries. The Rams have had a ridiculous amount of talent on that team when he got there so lets not try and oversell him as making something out of nothing. 

You keep holding on to your regular season Super Bowl Trophy. Have fun. But yeah it must be nice having a division where the Cardinals and the 9ers basically have been CFL caliber teams in his first two seasons.

Ask yourself why his team seems to suffer so many injuries year in and year out. The Rams had a "ridiculous amount of talent" on the 4-12 team that hadn't had a .500 season since 2008 or a winning season since 2003? What?

And don't even try to pretend the NFCE is some ridiculously tough division. Sell that BS elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

A death blow? Is that what you calling "Your point sucks lol I'm just gonna ignore it."

Common opponents in the playoffs? You mean like the Falcons last year? Oh right.

The Rams have been one of the healthiest teams in the league, it sure helps to have the right players.

Yeah, odd that the Rams suddenly become an extremely healthy team when McVay becomes the HC. Odd. It's almost like a regime has the ability to mitigate the risks of players suffering injuries.

No, you brought up one common opponent from this year . . . the Bears. Don't try to backpedal now. I pointed out how stupid of an argument that is when the Rams beat the Saints and the Eagles lost to the Saints in the playoffs literally a week apart. It was a bad argument. If you want to compare common opponents, go ahead and compare them all. Don't cherry pick one team. It's an intellectually dishonest argument.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Sean McVay leads a team to a game where he playcalls his way to more punts than points, but that doesn't matter.

It's about as significant as Doug Pederson playcalling his way to 14 points against the Saints.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Pederson has made the playoffs in 2 out of 3 years..

Yeah... the only year he didn't was with a rookie QB who was fairly raw.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He has won the division in 1 out of 3 years.

Cool. You know damn well Rams have been much healthier the past 2 years.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He has posted 10+ wins in the regular season in 1 out of 3 years.

Since when did 10 games become the benchmark? Cause the Eagles only won 9 games this year with a bunch of injuries? lol

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You continue to cling to that Super Bowl year

Cause it was more impressive than anything McVay has ever done?

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah... the only year he didn't was with a rookie QB who was fairly raw.Cool.

You know damn well Rams have been much healthier the past 2 years.

Whose fault is that?

Since when did 10 games become the benchmark? Cause the Eagles only won 9 games this year with a bunch of injuries? lol

It's double digit wins.

Cause it was more impressive than anything McVay has ever done?

Still doesn't make him a better coach.

2 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

McVay reminds me of Sean Payton a bit, where they look like a genius sometimes, and make you throw your remote at the TV other times.

Can't disagree with that. Of course, the one big area of difference is that McVay went out and landed one of the NFL's best DCs. That was an issue that plagued Payton for much of his career. With some better DCs, I think y'all have a few more rings.

Archived