Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

patriotsheatyan

Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Doug Pederson vs Sean McVay

• Pederson
    • McVay

19 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

76% of this website thought Goff was a bust in 2016. I don't need other people telling me what to think. I'm not the guy desperately clinging to a post-season win because it's my only argument.

Are you really pursuing the "guess who knocked out the team that beat you" argument? Do you remember which team you lost to in the divisional round?

31 minutes ago, showtime said:

Updated: 77%

Do you remember the controversial call that i keep mentioning? lol

The 11-2 record that year would be necessarily counted. Try again.

Insert the necessary: Wentz came off a crucial knee injury and as stated before, played on a injury riddled team.. 3 games where the defense gave up huge leads - his Running game consisted of UDFA and late round picks who are no Arians Fosters. Despite all that he STILL put up great stats. So go ahead and include his win/loss record in 2018 if it makes you feel better and adds to your pathetic argument.. 

Straw man alert. Straw man alert.

i love when you get nervous. better luck next year... or not. 

13 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

McVay. He would've won this poll pretty confidently a week ago. It was a big game, but it was still one game.

not just a big game... it was THE game.. one where Doug Pederson proved he could win with his Back UP QB. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

You can easily make a case why Foles is better, you can’t make a case that Jackson is better than Mayfield

Sure you can. Lamar Jackson's team had more success than Baker Mayfield's team. Individually it's clearly obvious that Mayfield is better, but Lamar Jackson has more "success".

Just now, eagles18 said:

not just a big game... it was THE game.. one where Doug Pederson proved he could win with his Back UP QB. 

Still one game. It's not going to override the overall resume for who has been a better coach on the whole. Just like those two superbowls don't make Nick Foles a better QB than Jared Goff. It doesn't make Legarrette Blount a better RB than Todd Gurley. Hell, Danny Amendola had more receiving yards in that game than anyone else in either superbowl. One game is such a small sample size. A lot of worse players/coaches/teams can outperform one other in one game. Even the biggest game. Doug Pederson coaching better in one game means nothing more than he coached better in one game.

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

Still one game. It's not going to override the overall resume for who has been a better coach on the whole. Just like those two superbowls don't make Nick Foles a better QB than Jared Goff. It doesn't make Legarrette Blount a better RB than Todd Gurley. Hell, Danny Amendola had more receiving yards in that game than anyone else in either superbowl. One game is such a small sample size. A lot of worse players/coaches/teams can outperform one other in one game. Even the biggest game. Doug Pederson coaching better in one game means nothing more than he coached better in one game.

Go back and read all my responses.. then come back. To summarize 2018 Doug coached his *** off to drag a team who lost  several starters on defense and some on offense including his starting rb to the divisional round and nearly defeated the #1 seed in a hostile stadium if it wasn’t for one drop that turned to pick. Now compare that with Sean McVay who had an offense with the #1 RB, a top 10 qb, two 1,000 yard receivers, a 20 sack DT,  and two very good corners and had them all healthy for most of the season.. despite all that talent, he lost to Philadelphia and put up 3 points in the super bowl. So no, Doug’s resume is better.. 2nd year as a HC he won the big one. Yep.. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

When we're talking about head coaches, you can't use the injury excuse. Your questions of McVay equally apply to Pederson. You just choose not to ask them. So let's dispense with the pretending and get to the point.

3 hours ago, eagles18 said:

Why can't I? with judging coaches Mcvay looks promising, but I have yet to see him got through the same adversity Doug has and the little adversity his team had Gurley the Cj signing was nice , and Kupp being replaced by Reynolds was serviceable.  But you could see a big drop in the offese. 

Doug has had a strong supporting cast of coaches in Frank Reich, and Defillipo and he lost both, a ton of players they were on there 11th corner of the season in that saints game thats unheard of, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, Peters for long stretches, and to make the playoffs after all that. And coming into the year there was definitely a superbowl hangover.  

To go through all that adversity and still coach the team to the second round of the playoffs was more impressive than the superbowl for him last year imo.

I'm a Broncos fan I'm not biased its my opinion. 

Forgot about Derrick Barnett also another huge loss. 

24 minutes ago, showtime said:

All you do is deflect.  You're the one who brought up win percentages, not me.  When I asked about the playoffs, now all of a sudden there's no answer for it.  How can you talk about regular season, but when people bring up the playoffs now there's no talking.  You brought up divisional titles, what about Superbowl titles?  Or do divisional titles outweight the Superbowl.

This is like when LeBron stans constantly bring up regular season numbers to prove he's the greatest, but when someone asks about his 3-6 Finals record all of a sudden the person deflects to his team isn't good enough, his teammates are bad, his coaches suck, etc.  But when we talk about the regular season, none of that stuff ever comes up.

No, I'm making a point. One that I imagine you understand. You're not happy about it because you can't counter it. McVay has clearly been the better regular season coach. It's not particularly close. You're relying on the post-season to vault Pederson above him. However, it's an extremely small sample size and essentially relies on one run (2017). You would roll your eyes if people tried to use Flacco's greater post-season success to justify him as a better QB than Aaron Rodgers or Dan Marino. Don't fall into the same trap here.

18 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Updated: 77%

Do you remember the controversial call that i keep mentioning? lol

Nope. I remember beating the Saints. But you're welcome to be the guy who cries about not getting the call.

i love when you get nervous. better luck next year... or not. 

Nervous? LOL. I don't address counter-arguments to an argument I never made. Stick to what I said. You're making this too easy.

2 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Why can't I? with judging coaches Mcvay looks promising, but I have yet to see him got through the same adversity Doug has and the little adversity his team had Gurley the Cj signing was nice , and Kupp being replaced by Reynolds was serviceable.  But you could see a big drop in the offese. 

Doug has had a strong supporting cast of coaches in Frank Reich, and Defillipo and he lost both, a ton of players they were on there 11th corner of the season in that saints game thats unheard of, Jay Ajayi, Corey Clement, Peters for long stretches, and to make the playoffs after all that. And coming into the year there was definitely a superbowl hangover.  

To go through all that adversity and still coach the team to the second round of the playoffs was more impressive than the superbowl for him last year imo.

I'm a Broncos fan I'm not biased its my opinion. 

Forgot about Derrick Barnett also another huge loss. 

How much "adversity" has Belichick gone through in his time with NE? It's not a positive that your team went through "adversity." Give me the coach whose team doesn't go through "adversity."

4 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Go back and read all my responses.. then come back. To summarize 2018 Doug coached his *** off to drag a team who lost  several starters on defense and some on offense including his starting rb to the divisional round and nearly defeated the #1 seed in a hostile stadium if it wasn’t for one drop that turned to pick. Now compare that with Sean McVay who had an offense with the #1 RB, a top 10 qb, two 1,000 yard receivers, a 20 sack DT,  and two very good corners and had them all healthy for most of the season.. despite all that talent, he lost to Philadelphia and put up 3 points in the super bowl. So no, Doug’s resume is better.. 2nd year as a HC he won the big one. Yep.. 

You say that as if McVay didn't have anything to do with those rankings and production. A year before McVay showed up, Goff was a bust, Gurley was running at 3.2 YPA, and Robert Woods was a mediocre rotational WR in Buffalo. These things you list to discredit McVay are some of his greatest accomplishments and some of the reasons why he is a great coach.

And the two healthy and good corners bit is just inaccurate. Talib missed a bunch of time. Peters sucked a lot.

I said this in a different thread... If the Rams had lost that game under 'normal' circumstances, then fine.  They were averaging 33 points a game and scored three in the Superbowl.  McVay is the person who has received all the credit for the offensive's success over the past two years.  They scored THREE freaking points against a defense that's honestly not even that great.  It's not like they were playing the 2002 Bucs, 85 Bears, 99 Ravens, etc. 

That was such a poor outing from McVay.  It's almost like the 2011 NBA Finals where LeBron had the biggest meltdown of all-time and he was historically bad.  LeBron has lost other NBA Finals series, but he played very well in most of the others - his team was just outmatched the majority of the time.  So you can live with that. 

McVay's coaching job in this Superbowl was so bad that it's unforgivable. 

Just now, showtime said:

I don't get the 'one game' argument for McVay's Superbowl appearance.  Yes, it's one game technically, but it's THE game.  And I said this in a different thread... If the Rams had lost that game under 'normal' circumstances, then fine.  They were averaging 33 points a game and scored three in the Superbowl.  McVay is the person who has received all the credit for the offensive's success over the past two years.  They scored THREE freaking points against a defense that's honestly not even that great.  It's not like they were playing the 2002 Bucs, 85 Bears, 99 Ravens, etc. 

That was such a poor outing from McVay.  It's almost like the 2011 NBA Finals where LeBron had the biggest meltdown of all-time and he was historically bad.  LeBron has lost other NBA Finals series, but he played very well in most of the others - his team was just outmatched the majority of the time.  So you can live with that. 

McVay's coaching job in this Superbowl was so bad that it's unforgivable. 

You don't get the one game argument? Okay, who was/is the greater QB, Dan Marino or Joe Flacco?

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

You say that as if McVay didn't have anything to do with those rankings and production. A year before McVay showed up, Goff was a bust, Gurley was running at 3.2 YPA, and Robert Woods was a mediocre rotational WR in Buffalo. These things you list to discredit McVay are some of his greatest accomplishments and some of the reasons why he is a great coach.

And the two healthy and good corners bit is just inaccurate. Talib missed a bunch of time. Peters sucked a lot.

Not true. Gurley has a sophomore slump, his rookie year he was a monster. 

Cooks was a thousand yard receiver with his other teams..

woods I’ll give you. 

Both corners are better than what the eagles put up with and a lot of teams could say the same about their own group. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Michael Jordan. How do you think that helps your argument?

It doesn't.  It's a dumb question just like the one you asked me.  You're talking about an all-time great and comparing him to someone who's not an all-time great.  The players aren't in the same tier to begin with.

Archived