TAET: This Ain't Eagles Talk | RIP Jlash

Phire

32 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

I agree, the acting is so stale lol I get that he’s supposed to be some weirdo psychic guy but having him brooding in the corner all episode is definitely kind of annoying.

I’m getting really sick of Dany too. Couldn’t stand her smug look strolling into Winterfell while all of the people cowered in fear as the dragons flew by. Shes becoming pretty ruthless and agonizing. I hope someone knocks her down a few pegs or someone kills her lol

I've been over Dany for a long time. They don't give you much reason to root for her.

• Like 2

I have a feeling Dany is turning heel soon as the big switch up. The whole evilness that encompasses the Lannister’s and is fed upon the fact that they are incestuous and are okay with it should really separate the fact that now Dany and Jon are unknowingly incestuous but can’t continue that relationship because that’s what we incorporate evil and wrongfulness with.  Seems to me there’s natural conflict there. Can they just coexist now without being lovers? They certainly can’t share the throne. And obviously there’s going to be a point where Jon and and Dany disagree and he’s going to have to reveal that he’s actually the true heir which will cause a huge riff between them. Dany will surely want to eliminate anyone that will threaten her claim. It’s been mentioned that Jon was willing to give up the crown for the betterment of the realm but Dany doesn’t seem like she wouldn’t make that same sacrifice, putting doubt in Jon’s head. He may want to seize control back eventually after the Great War is over. And I really think it’s all too obvious Cersei gets it terribly in the end. Maybe she has an about face and dies trying to help Jon secure the throne. She seems to respect him. Going to be interesting. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I have a feeling Dany is turning heel soon as the big switch up. The whole evilness that encompasses the Lannister’s and is fed upon the fact that they are incestuous and are okay with it should really separate the fact that now Dany and Jon are unknowingly incestuous but can’t continue that relationship because that’s what we incorporate evil and wrongfulness with.  Seems to me there’s natural conflict there. Can they just coexist now without being lovers? They certainly can’t share the throne. And obviously there’s going to be a point where Jon and and Dany disagree and he’s going to have to reveal that he’s actually the true heir which will cause a huge riff between them. Dany will surely want to eliminate anyone that will threaten her claim. It’s been mentioned that Jon was willing to give up the crown for the betterment of the realm but Dany doesn’t seem like she wouldn’t make that same sacrifice, putting doubt in Jon’s head. He may want to seize control back eventually after the Great War is over. And I really think it’s all too obvious Cersei gets it terribly in the end. Maybe she has an about face and dies trying to help Jon secure the throne. She seems to respect him. Going to be interesting. 

Targaryeans have been banging their sisters for centuries if anything the lannisters one generation doing it (and jaime just left cersei) isnt a big deal at all.

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Targaryeans have been banging their sisters for centuries if anything the lannisters one generation doing it (and jaime just left cersei) isnt a big deal at all.

True but I can’t imagine GoTs wrapping up with Jon and Dany riding majestically away on dragons as an incestuous king and queen while the whole time we were grossed out by Jamie and Cersei for 8 seasons. 

16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I've been over Dany for a long time. They don't give you much reason to root for her.

Same here. My friends call me misogynistic when I say I hope she dies. Her whole story line went from freer of slaves and the people's champ to annoying "Bend the Knee!" super B_____ real quick. She was a liberator in Easteros. In the 7 kingdoms... not so much. When she complains about no one in westros liking her, I want to scream "WELL DUH!!!! Your father literally burned people alive for no reason. There was a whole rebellion fought to overthrow your insane father. He was so horrible, his own guard stabbed him in the back! I'm pretty sure continuing the family business isn't good PR." 

That felt good to get out... Christ I hope she dies. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar  

15 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

True but I can’t imagine GoTs wrapping up with Jon and Dany riding majestically away on dragons as an incestuous king and queen while the whole time we were grossed out by Jamie and Cersei for 8 seasons. 

meh that's what is meant to happen though 

On 4/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, Jroc04 said:

I mean, I’m sure there’s some major plot points coming or plot climax right around the corner, but I’m so tired of Bran. I get what he is now but it’s so tiresome. Let’s let some info out on him or hide him for a while. It’s annoying knowing that he knows all this junk and all we get is blank stare and short, bland comments from him. 

Bran is like the love child of this guy

giphy.gif

mated with this guy

giphy.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, I hope it doesn’t go chalk. Pretty boring then. 

yeah for a show that was supposed to break down those norms, I'm hoping for much less "happy" or obvious ending.

at this point I'm not sure Cersei dies unless it's Sansa or one of her brothers.

Would be a way to go if the Cersei was the last one standing, the one character many want to see die a painful death. 

So, I binged Game of Thrones a year or two ago and started watching it then.
I was home on medical.
It was good enough to keep my attention in spite of the meds.

There's way too much pause with music over panoramic shots and inane dialogue.
But, the story is solid and the action meets above the minimum.
It's not the best show ever, but it bears watching.

The first episode of this season just seems to be setting up the rest of the season.
It is going to be a short "winter" so the rest of the season should be more interesting.

It is still not as good as "The Wire," the best show ever.