The Official UnOfficial Free Agency & Offseason Thread

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

If somehow Pittsburgh is able to bend a team over for a 1st for a 31 year old WR who is showing signs of being a head case, I'll be absolutely floored. 

Some team that is a WR away from the superbowl might be desperate enough for him. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

3 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

i wont be. i honestly would trade that for him in a heartbeat. this is (IMO) a top 10 WR all time, HOF, smack bang playing in his prime and not showing signs of slowing down. he's not a criminal, he never hit a woman, got busted for PED's or whatever, is just egocentric (a quality i can handle) dude who wants to be called mr big chest. so the f what. trade a first and guarantee 2/3 maybe more years of HOF production or take the 50/50 risk of a first round pick. 

I'd be calling the steelers every 5 minutes if I was a Jacksonville like team who are potentially close to competing. 

You're right no video evidence of pushing the chick in FL. 

Definitely at the edge of his prime 31y/o...I'm sure he's doing something double cups of lean??  DyR9RT_XcAIwG1w.jpg

11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If on the cheap, absolutely go Vet. Just at what price can we realistically afford???

With the Money Howie has freed up, pretty much any of them can be had.
Just sit and wait for the early dumb money to dry up then go get one at a discount.

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

When we use that money to resign Darby will you guys lose it or rejoice? 

Depends how much he gets paid. I want him back for the right price, but he's been the Jordan Hicks of CB's for us. Good when he's out there, but hardly ever out there.

41 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Do you guys want to add one of these FA safeties on the cheap? or draft a guy earlish?

Some good safeties should be there in the second, but a ton of safeties will be able to be had cheap to upgrade the position.

I want Amani Hooker in round 3, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Main problem is we don't have a 3rd round pick.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I want Amani Hooker in round 3, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Main problem is we don't have a 3rd round pick.

I like him a lot, fine with him in the 2nd if the rest of the board is depleted. Could do way worse.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

When we use that money to resign Darby will you guys lose it or rejoice? 

Decidedly “eh”

hes been ok to good, with some bad spurts. 

A guy like that helps but in a pretty weak FA corner class, he’ll be looking to get paid. I don’t want that to be here. A solid deal though I’m ok with I guess.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Do you guys want to add one of these FA safeties on the cheap? or draft a guy earlish?

Some good safeties should be there in the second, but a ton of safeties will be able to be had cheap to upgrade the position.

Pick up Tre Boston in FA and then draft Darnell Savage in the 4th and I might not be able to stand up

I miss the JJ days when the safeties were interchangeable....Now we have a guy more than likely to play a hybrid (box/slot) role and CF guy. 

I think it depends what direction they go in the draft, I have 5-6 hybrid guys that could be had in rounds 2-3

Thornhill 

Hooker

Gardner-Johnson

Adderley

Savage

Abram

CF types

Rapp

Adderley 

Thompson

If they go hybrid in the draft then I think Sullivan would compete with someone (low cost vet) to eventually replace McLeod.