Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jsthomp2007

Draft Prospects

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, germ-x said:

Yeah.  I really like Harry.  He loves football, big, physical, and very strong for a WR.  His speed is questionable and while he ran a 4.53 at the combine, I’ve watched him a bit since the offseason started and don’t think he plays that fast.  However, for a big player 6’3” 225, he is pretty shifty and can create after the catch.  I would be very happy if he were the teams 2nd or 3rd round pick.  I think he’s a chain mover, can go up and get it in the red zone, and I also think could operate as a big slot with his size and shiftiness, he also has return experience as well.

I am also all for BPA and Harry is probably a better overall player than the guys I’m going to mention, but a part of me thinks a guy like Emanuel Hall, Terry McLarin, or Darius Slayton would be better fits for this offense.  Both are guys that have to be respected at all times in the vertical passing game because of their speed and all 3 are capable of blowing by DBs for chunk gains.

How are they as blockers? Thats another thing I like about Harry. From what I've read he's pretty tough in the running game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AKRNA said:

How are they as blockers? Thats another thing I like about Harry. From what I've read he's pretty tough in the running game.

I wonder at THAT size and if he block, and if he added just a bit more weight if he could be converted to TE where he'd be faster and quicker than most LBs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Your description makes me think of a Shannon Sharpe in the making 

Should have read your post before I thought of a WR to TE conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is moving N’Keal to TE. He is fine at receiver 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Harry, but I think with Sutton and Tim Patrick, he's sort of redundant. Granted, no one should think having Patrick on the roster means we don't need a WR, but I thought he played pretty well last year all things considered.

Denver needs someone like Andy Isabella. In fact, they should draft Andy Isabella. You want to talk about adding dynamic elements to the offense? Yes please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, broncos67 said:

I like Harry, but I think with Sutton and Tim Patrick, he's sort of redundant. Granted, no one should think having Patrick on the roster means we don't need a WR, but I thought he played pretty well last year all things considered.

Denver needs someone like Andy Isabella. In fact, they should draft Andy Isabella. You want to talk about adding dynamic elements to the offense? Yes please.

I thought Patrick outplayed the other two rooks at times.  Which makes moving Henry to TE kind of a cute idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devin White wants to buy a horse when he signs his contract.  Just sayen....he could be a horse or sorts, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, anyone have their late round sleepers ??  Love to see 1 or two of there guys selected after the 4th rd

 

1. LB Ben Burr-Kirven

2. LB Bobby Okereke

3. TE Foster Moreau

4. LB Sione Takitaki

5. WR Darius Slayton

6 WR Diontae Johnson

7. DL Chris Slayton

8. DL Trysten Hill (may fall with character concerns, but will that make us shy away ?)

9. OL Ryan Pope

10. OG Nate Herbig

 

Those are just a few of mine, could be some sleeper talent IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of my favorite prospects for the Broncos at QB and TE  

QB - Jarret Stidham - Clayton Thorson- Ryan Finley

Finley is the better pro style player right now, but Stidham and Thorson have more upside. Stidham is a gifted passer and has NFL level anticipation.  His 2017 game against Alabama is quite impressive.  Thorson shows real well in some of his games. A live arm with plus size and plus athleticism. He also is willing to stand in and take a shot. Flacco is the starter this year for sure. Taking a risk on a mid round QB makes sense to me. Hogan and Grayson are very uninspiring. I would rather have a young guy with upside behind Flacco than a retread who offers little or no chance at a future with the team.

TE - TJ Hockenson - Josh Oliver - Foster Moreau - Trevon Wesco

Hockenson is beast. His play at Iowa is just the tip of the iceberg. Old school tight end who will be a load for years to come. Oliver is dripping with upside. Moreau is a great blocker who showed well in Indy. Wesco is the one of my favorite day three guys. He can play tight, split, or as a lead blocker.

If Hockenson were the pick at 10, I would be disappointed.  Now if they were to trade back 5-10 spots and still get him I wouldn’t mind as much.  

The prospect i am most unimpressed with is Fant.  The athleticism is undeniable.  What I don’t like is his drop rate and contested catch rate.  Both are concerns for a tight end will make his living as a receiver. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Winder23 said:

Some of my favorite prospects for the Broncos at QB and TE  

QB - Jarret Stidham - Clayton Thorson- Ryan Finley

Finley is the better pro style player right now, but Stidham and Thorson have more upside. Stidham is a gifted passer and has NFL level anticipation.  His 2017 game against Alabama is quite impressive.  Thorson shows real well in some of his games. A live arm with plus size and plus athleticism. He also is willing to stand in and take a shot. Flacco is the starter this year for sure. Taking a risk on a mid round QB makes sense to me. Hogan and Grayson are very uninspiring. I would rather have a young guy with upside behind Flacco than a retread who offers little or no chance at a future with the team.

TE - TJ Hockenson - Josh Oliver - Foster Moreau - Trevon Wesco

Hockenson is beast. His play at Iowa is just the tip of the iceberg. Old school tight end who will be a load for years to come. Oliver is dripping with upside. Moreau is a great blocker who showed well in Indy. Wesco is the one of my favorite day three guys. He can play tight, split, or as a lead blocker.

If Hockenson were the pick at 10, I would be disappointed.  Now if they were to trade back 5-10 spots and still get him I wouldn’t mind as much.  

The prospect i am most unimpressed with is Fant.  The athleticism is undeniable.  What I don’t like is his drop rate and contested catch rate.  Both are concerns for a tight end will make his living as a receiver. 

 

I really don’t disagree with any of this.  I’ll throw in a caveat, though.  I have no idea where Elway stands with the decision makers above him.  As far as people I know and reading other message boards, even the die hard/grew up watching Elway fans are either close to done with him or completely done with him. IMO, he should be given 2-3 more years to figure it out, but we all know that isn’t always how it works.  When QB is a revolving door, the team is bad, and even the optimistic aren’t happy with Joe Flacco you’ve put yourself in a difficult spot. IMO, Elway has put himself in a position to go QB at #10.

I really like Stidham.  He won’t go round 1, maybe even not round 2 (though some projections are showing that round is his landing spot) but I think he’s a great fit in the system.  Thorson and Finley won’t do Elway any favors if the team is bad.  I don’t think Stidham does either.  At the end of the day, people are fighting for a job.  A guy like Lock (or Haskins or Murray), even if they’re an awful pick, probably buys Elway another year or 2 where a mid round QB doesn’t.  Lock also checks all of Elway’s boxes at the position.  6’4”, elite arm, very good athlete (4.69 40), and as of last year his preference for experienced captains...Lock was a 3 year captain who is one of the best SEC QBs in history.

As far as the TEs.  I love Hockenson.  He’s a throwback that probably won’t ever be recognized for how good he is.  I’ve read comparisons to Gronkowski and Kelce.  I don’t think he’s even close to that type of a receiver at TE (which leads me to think he is a bit overrated) but I wouldn’t complain if he’s the pick based on his blocking ability.  Oliver is the guy that I think could be a steal at TE if he lasts to the 4th or 5th round.  He has the physical tools, very good hands, and a solid route runner.  He needs to improve his blocking as an inline TE (which he was never really asked to do) but I’d bank on him doing so as he’s reportedly adored by his teammates for his work ethic and personality, which are traits that as if last year Elway seems to covet.

Edited by germ-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 1:01 PM, Cutler06 said:

So, anyone have their late round sleepers ??  Love to see 1 or two of there guys selected after the 4th rd

 

1. LB Ben Burr-Kirven

2. LB Bobby Okereke

3. TE Foster Moreau

4. LB Sione Takitaki

5. WR Darius Slayton

6 WR Diontae Johnson

7. DL Chris Slayton

8. DL Trysten Hill (may fall with character concerns, but will that make us shy away ?)

9. OL Ryan Pope

10. OG Nate Herbig

 

Those are just a few of mine, could be some sleeper talent IMO

Anyone read the mmqb article about jay Liggins? I guess he went to high school right here in my hometown and never heard of him. He might not be any good but I wouldn’t be mad if he ended up on the broncos via late round pick or udfa. For as small as Bismarck is they’re put out a fair number of good players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2019 at 6:21 PM, Winder23 said:

Some of my favorite prospects for the Broncos at QB and TE  

QB - Jarret Stidham - Clayton Thorson- Ryan Finley

Finley is the better pro style player right now, but Stidham and Thorson have more upside. Stidham is a gifted passer and has NFL level anticipation.  His 2017 game against Alabama is quite impressive.  Thorson shows real well in some of his games. A live arm with plus size and plus athleticism. He also is willing to stand in and take a shot. Flacco is the starter this year for sure. Taking a risk on a mid round QB makes sense to me. Hogan and Grayson are very uninspiring. I would rather have a young guy with upside behind Flacco than a retread who offers little or no chance at a future with the team.

TE - TJ Hockenson - Josh Oliver - Foster Moreau - Trevon Wesco

Hockenson is beast. His play at Iowa is just the tip of the iceberg. Old school tight end who will be a load for years to come. Oliver is dripping with upside. Moreau is a great blocker who showed well in Indy. Wesco is the one of my favorite day three guys. He can play tight, split, or as a lead blocker.

If Hockenson were the pick at 10, I would be disappointed.  Now if they were to trade back 5-10 spots and still get him I wouldn’t mind as much.  

The prospect i am most unimpressed with is Fant.  The athleticism is undeniable.  What I don’t like is his drop rate and contested catch rate.  Both are concerns for a tight end will make his living as a receiver. 

 

Love your post, but disagree with Hockenson at 10. He's got pro-bowl+ for a decade written all over him. 

He's not a Quenton Nelson type player but damn close. If he's there at 10 and we don't take him it's a mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, the most polarizing prospect in this draft for me is Andre Dillard.  Some days I am like this guy is going to be a stud and one of the best LTs in the NFL for a decade.  Other times I’m thinking this guy, while exceptionally talented, is going to bust. The athleticism is elite, he has great feet, change of direction, his arms are on the shorter side, but man you just don’t find OTs with his pass blocking upside.  But on the other hand, he came from a quick strike offense that never really asked him to be “tough.”  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×