NFL DRAFT RUMOR THREAD

49erurtaza

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, in theory any team could bunk their history and do something out of the norm.  It's bad for business to trade up as a standard.  Does having an extra FRP make that more possible?  Sure.  But it's far more likely that 30 is the pick that's going to  be moved rather than 12.  Odds are the difference between 7 and 12 likely doesn't see two different tiers of players available, so you don't trade up when a tier is still flush with talent.  Is Devin White a more valuable player than say Brian Burns?  For the Packers, probably not.  So we've traded a pair of picks (say our 3rd and 4th round pick) to move up to get someone who has similar value at 12.  It'd be one thing if the Packers took Devin White at 12 should he fall, but I think you can put the odds of a trade up for an ILB at slightly above 0%.

Your last point is why I think you're more likely to see the Packers move up from 30 than it is for them to move up from 12.  In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a small trade back from 12 (say with Washington at 15) for their 3rd round pick, and then use a combination of their "extra" picks to move up from 30.  If they walked away with a pairing of Brian Burns and Andre Dillard with their first two picks, that'd be a home run.

here is a piece of my original post

15 hours ago, N4L said:

I dont anticipate them trading up with their initial first round pick, but I could absolutely see a scenario where they move up from #30 a few spots after there is a run on a certain position, especially considering that a lot of people think this draft is deep in the middle rounds and are therefore more willing to move back initially for 'less than market value' that still nets them a nice mid round pick. 

I think we are on the same page. Packers probably wont do anything drastic right now, but everything is and should be on the table, especially considering they need to get off to a fast start with their new HC (in my opinion)

Ok so:

1) Raiders send their scouts home to prevent leaks

2) Leaks come out about the Raiders liking Haskins and how they are going to take him at #4

3) Jets are now in trade talks with Redskins to move up to #3 for Haskins

I think that this is all a smokescreen by the Jets (#1 excluded) to convince the Giants to trade up to #3 and jump the Raiders. Thoughts?

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ok so:

2) Leaks come out about the Raiders liking Haskins and how they are going to take him at #4

I think that this is all a smokescreen by the Jets (#1 excluded) to convince the Giants to trade up to #3 and jump the Raiders. Thoughts?

probably, i would guess Raiders are also pushing the rumor to get QW 

25 minutes ago, N4L said:

Ok so:

This has to be coming from the Jets, I doubt we'll find a trade down partner unless we're willing to take a discount.

If the Giants want Jones or Lock they're probably worried about the Skins taking Jones at 15 so they would like that trade. Here is an article today with an interview from Cutcliffe on Jones . He says some of the same stuff Gettleman said about mental toughness and all that. 

https://nypost.com/2019/04/22/a-mix-of-peyton-and-eli-daniel-jones-is-perfect-fit-for-giants-in-nfl-draft/

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Giants should play ball and just do the swap to 3 if they like Haskins enough. 

Give the Jets 6, 2nd, 3rd and 2020 2nd. It’s a similar package the Jets/Colts 3/6 deal last year. 

LOL

I also find it comical that you think QW should be a no-brainer to the niners yet you don't even have the jets taking him. its pretty freaking funny to me

11 minutes ago, N4L said:

LOL

I also find it comical that you think QW should be a no-brainer to the niners yet you don't even have the jets taking him. its pretty freaking funny to me

I would take him. I made the trade proposal on behalf of the Jets/Colts swap last year. 

Passing on QWill is your guys loss. 

14 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Dave Lapham, Bengals TV analyst who has nailed pretty much every first round pick of the Bengals over the last decade, has us taking Andre Dillard at 11.

I doubt he has as much inside info as he used to

with a new staff

1 minute ago, johndeere1707 said:

I doubt he has as much inside info as he used to

with a new staff

This is true. But until he misses I will trust his judgement.

I think Devin Bush would still be the pick if he's there, but Denver worries me at 10. I assume that's what he was thinking as well.

Archived