Antonio Brown officially asks for trade - Bills trade falls through

RaidersAreOne

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's Oakland for a two and mid rounder

If that is truly the compensation, to me it says that Buffalo did in fact offer their FRP and brown vetoed it. 

I have a hard time believing that the Raiders are going to offer multiple picks though. 

55 minutes ago, Woz said:

At least go with Ross and Lawler for a comp. Cole ... oof.

I wasn't the one who brought the Ross/Cole combo up.  Ross/Lawler would be less of a landslide in favor of Heenan/Monsoon, considerably less.

1 minute ago, N4L said:

If that is truly the compensation, to me it says that Buffalo did in fact offer their FRP and brown vetoed it. 

I have a hard time believing that the Raiders are going to offer multiple picks though. 

If they really want him, they're not going to let a sweetener like a mid round pick (whether it's one this year or next) I would hope. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

No way Buffalo is that dumb. Probably a 2nd and conditional 6th while the Raiders is a 3rd and 5th. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Maybe Raiders and Steelers swap 2nds, 35 and 52, and give a 3rd and 5th. I think that’d be Mayocks final offer. 

that's actually kinda fair(given the the situation)...I think I could live with that

15 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I wasn't the one who brought the Ross/Cole combo up.  Ross/Lawler would be less of a landslide in favor of Heenan/Monsoon, considerably less.

Okay, just wanted to make sure we had at least a level comparison.

I went looking for Monsoon clips of him doing announcing, but all I could find were Prime Time Wrestling stints. While those are entertaining, again not a fair comp. Not saying Monsoon isn't better, just couldn't find any examples for comparisons.

7 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, just wanted to make sure we had at least a level comparison.

I went looking for Monsoon clips of him doing announcing, but all I could find were Prime Time Wrestling stints. While those are entertaining, again not a fair comp. Not saying Monsoon isn't better, just couldn't find any examples for comparisons.

Yeah, you need the Network to really appreciate it.

He and Bobby were legitimately best friends (their families vacationed together) so their chemistry was off the hook, they legitimately seemed to know what the other was going to say before it was said.

I have a personal preference for the Monsoon and Jesse the Body pairing, and even a lot of the Vince/Jesse pairing because Jesse was just such a damn good heel commentator and really quick on his feet.  (Also, it's clear the Jesse knew that even though Vince was - unknown to the viewer - the boss, he also knew that Vince wasn't going to break character and let that be known - so Jesse abused the crap out of that and took pot-shots at Vince on air all the time).

Archived