Better Career: Brett Favre, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Steve Young,

mdonnelly21

59 members have voted

1. 1. Better Career

14 hours ago, Classic said:

Correction Young is 1x SB Champion, his SB wins on the bench don't count. Unless you think Jimmy G is current 2x SB champ?

I have my list as 1. Marino 2. Favre 3. Young 4. Drew Brees

Huh, I don't know how I missed that. I could've sworn he had at least two but didn't bother looking up the years when I saw 3 on the wiki sidebar. 

10 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm biased but an all-time great list that doesn't include Aaron Rodgers on it is wrong.

it's scary how comparable Rodgers' career to Young's is. both 1x SB, 2x MVP, 7x pro bowl, young has 1 more 1st team All Pro.. both are pretty fragile and mobile. weird.

I'm saying Brees because of his stats. Yes I know that this is a much different era than Marino or Young played in, but Brees has performed so well with soooo many different players. Also, the question isn't "who is the best QB" (I think that would be Marino). Brees has had the most accomplishments in his career out of the pack, and he tops Marino in part because he has a ring. I hate the ring argument for when saying who is the better QB in terms of skill, but when comparing in terms of overall career, it does matter.

7 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

It absolutely is. Hes arguably the most talented QB to ever step on the field. I dont care how anyone feels about his personality. 

I don't give a **** about his personality. He's not anywhere close to being at a level where not putting him near the top of an all-time list is objectively wrong. For a guy that gets sacked more than he throws TD's, he does well though. 

3 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

I don't give a **** about his personality. He's not anywhere close to being at a level where not putting him near the top of an all-time list is objectively wrong. For a guy that gets sacked more than he throws TD's, he does well though. 

This is almost laughable. Really it truly is. I assure you that you have to be on the Skip Bayless level of saying **** to get attention to believe that Aaron Rodgers isn't at a level where not putting him on an all-time list is objectively wrong. So, in that mindset? Whats up Skip?

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

This is almost laughable. Really it truly is. I assure you that you have to be on the Skip Bayless level of saying **** to get attention to believe that Aaron Rodgers isn't at a level where not putting him on an all-time list is objectively wrong. So, in that mindset? Whats up Skip?

Lol. It's not objectively wrong to not place Rodgers towards the top of an all-time list, you're just wrong. Most people don't. Most people don't put him in their top 5, sure, you could make an argument for him being top 10, but it's not objectively wrong to place him outside of the top 10. 

3 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Lol. It's not objectively wrong to not place Rodgers towards the top of an all-time list, you're just wrong. Most people don't. Most people don't put him in their top 5, sure, you could make an argument for him being top 10, but it's not objectively wrong to place him outside of the top 10. 

This would have worked for an argument had I not seen your top 4 list that included Brett Favre. There's no way in hell that Brett Favre was a better quarterback then Aaron Rodgers is and that's coming from someone who grew up worshipping Brett Favre and dreading the day that he would inevitably retire. 

2 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

This would have worked for an argument had I not seen your top 4 list that included Brett Favre. There's no way in hell that Brett Favre was a better quarterback then Aaron Rodgers is and that's coming from someone who grew up worshipping Brett Favre and dreading the day that he would inevitably retire. 

I don't have Rodgers in my top five either but I do have him ahead of Farve

Question is career.

Brees won the only title for his franchise and only major sports title in that city. He's currently the career yards leader and might retire with most yards and TDs.

Favre and Young played for storied franchises winning 1 title. Marino won 0.

Archived