Around the league v.1.0

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Well, a few who didn't like him got there wish. I see this as a combo of culture and money with him being worth 3mil in cap hit. I also think he was a top 5 punter to go with that top 5 pay check so I guess it depends on how the replacement performs. Im sure we can get the best punter in college in the 6th rd where we have 5 picks so I'm not tripping. It was fun. Cue the diva, dancing, showboat comments in 3,2,1...

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Not if the Pats get Odell Beckham imo

I don't think they will/should. He is going to demand a freaking crazy contract that I doubt they pony up for. Although if Bill and Brady do retire this OS, they will need to do something drastic to keep the fans interested.

No way they don’t sign him. They will make it work. Problem is that a quarter of our cap will go to two players the next five or so years, but at least they’re at key positions. I could see Carr restructuring if Mack’s negotiations get ugly. 

7 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

No way they don’t sign him. They will make it work. Problem is that a quarter of our cap will go to two players the next five or so years, but at least they’re at key positions. I could see Carr restructuring if Mack’s negotiations get ugly. 

Thankfully Reggie is a cap guru and has worked every contract to perfection to this point in time, allowing us to get out with little to no dead money. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Am I the only one who has an eerie feeling about Macks contract?

I do too but I think that has more to do with my anxiety than it does with negotiations. ?

He's going to be the highest paid defender in the league. Plus there's the Aaron Donald aspect which affects things while he isn't extended.

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Anybody else think the Rams are the 2017 Eagles "dream team"? I have a feeling their defense isn't going to mesh as well as everyone thinks. 

Mayhaps...but Wade Philips has a way with defense...i think he’s the key if I’m honest. I look more at their offense, they slowed way down after it came out that their coach was basically changing play 20 seconds before the play clock ended. When teams picked up on that and they made Goff have to beat them the offense took a step back. Personally I’m not a Goff believer, he’s average between the ears and that will limit them. 

18 hours ago, Jerry said:

Anybody else think the Rams are the 2017 Eagles "dream team"? I have a feeling their defense isn't going to mesh as well as everyone thinks. 

I don't think they'll be bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they regress from a season ago. There will be a lot of pressure on Goff to take the next step as an on-field leader and play maker as the nuances of McVay's scheme get exposed by opposing defenses. Further, the Rams were unusually healthy last year and they don't have depth at many positions, outside of corner and interior defensive line, to take a significant hit to a key starter-- especially on the offensive line. When you look around the league -- even to both Super Bowl teams -- a team's ability to overcome health issues can make or break a season.

Archived