2019 NFL Combine

squire12

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My 4th best EDGE player in last years draft was Georgia's Lorenzo Carter, a guy I gave a mid-late 2nd grade to.

My 4th best EDGE this year (right now) is Rashan Gary a guy I wouldn't be surprised if he's a top 5 pick.

Night and day different classes.

Gutey made mention of this after the draft last year. have to think this went into the decision making process to have another 1st this year.

12 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Did people really think Greedy was slow?  His issue is consistency, but he's otherwise completely solid.

Saw a lot of questions out there about his down the field speed at his height. Guess he put those to bed. Good for us. 

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Did anyone ever view Ferrell as a twitchy guy?

No. Just super solid and productive over two years of top notch competition.  He beat Batman Metcalf's 3C.  Burns or Ferrell at 12 and I'm a happy camper.

12 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

No. Just super solid and productive over two years of top notch competition.  He beat Batman Metcalf's 3C.  Burns or Ferrell at 12 and I'm a happy camper.

Just not sure how Gute will view Ferrell. We've seen Gute's affinity for explosive athletes from Josh Jones in 2017 (rumored to be Gute's guy) to the three explosive athletic WR's we drafted last year. I think Pettine would like a bulky EDGE like Ferrell, but I think Gute loves the high RAS guys and that's Burns and Sweat. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Just not sure how Gute will view Ferrell. We've seen Gute's affinity for explosive athletes from Josh Jones in 2017 (rumored to be Gute's guy) to the three explosive athletic WR's we drafted last year. I think Pettine would like a bulky EDGE like Ferrell, but I think Gute loves the high RAS guys and that's Burns and Sweat. 

I might be the only guy here who doesn't care for Sweat, but always liked Burns.  TT loved production from big school kids and Gute is from that tree.  Later rounds Gute (small sample size) grabbed RAS guys.  Josh Jones as an example works in my favor though.  Sometimes you need to use your Gut Gute and get the complete football player.

I like Ferrell over Sweat, just a feeling.  I feel like Ferrell stirred the drink in Clemson, but Simmons stirred the drink in Miss St.

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Honestly, unless the Raiders deal Carr and go QB, I think Gruden and Co. will be all over Gary at 4. 

Gruden is the wild card in the top 10.  Nobody really knows where he is going to go.

46 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I think it’ll come down to Brian Burns and Clelin Ferrel and we take our pick on which we prefer. I’d go Burns.

Burns is my guy after the combine. Not positive He'll be there at 12.

Wouldn't mind Oliver or a few others either

Archived