Johnny Ross trade rumors

Johnny Nix

2 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  Not because he wanted out, and not for a straight up pick.  Was considering offers I'd make if we trade back.  How about #11 and Ross for the raiders 24th and 27th picks?  Throwing in Ross saves our third or fourth rounder.

I’d do it 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Based on the rumors I heard he asked to be traded and the Bengals agreed.

I wonder why he feels he has a right to ask.  Not sure if there is another team out there who thought he was under utilized.   I think he is still learning how to actually play the position and not just rely on his speed.  He made a couple nice catches on short yardage TD's but his route running still leaves a lot to be desired.

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I was thinking about this the other day.  Not because he wanted out, and not for a straight up pick.  Was considering offers I'd make if we trade back.  How about #11 and Ross for the raiders 24th and 27th picks?  Throwing in Ross saves our third or fourth rounder.

As a Raiders fan, I'd be pissed if we did that.

2 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Tobin just called the rumors false. 

Good.  He's basically a 2nd year player, coming into a new scheme.  I'd like to see him in the new system first before throwing him away for a late rounder.

And honestly, the offense was better last year with him playing.  Even if he was just running go routes, it helped the rest of the offense.

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

From your prospective, shouldn't it matter who you grab at 11 before deciding?  What if Oliver fell to 11 and you didn't take Quennin earlier?  

Got lots of holes. I couldn't see them trading up, but who knows I guess.

Archived