2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd feel much happier with an elite interior player at #4 then drafting a boom or bust guys like Sweat or Burns. If Bosa, Murray, and Allen are off the board who else can we take? 

Between Williams and Sweat or Burns, I don't think anyone would go with the latter two. Between Williams or Allen, Bosa, or trading back--that's more of a question for me.

35 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The interior Dline wasn't poor. I know this because I watched them. I'd describe the interior line play from start to finish as unremarkable, but not incompetent. The main issue I detected against the run was an inability to contain the outside because of poor defensive end and linebacker play. I thought Whitehead, in particular, was completely inept in being aggressive when teams would routinely double the nose tackle. I don't know if it was a coaching issue or Whitehead's lack of ability to read and react but he was consistently slow to the ball. He played a little better toward the end of the year but I hope he's the odd man out if Burfict gets a starting role.

I also have some trepidation picking Williams if he falls. Quite simply, the Raiders don't have a need at defensive tackle. Williams is a great player, but I'm typically against drafting over players after a year where the players being drafted over showed a lot of promise. If Williams is there along with Allen and Bosa, I'm probably taking either of the two edge rushers as I like them just as much. Along with the Raiders not having an express need int he interior, quality defensive tackles are a dime a dozen in the draft.

So if Allen and Bosa are gone and you cant trade down youd reach on someone not being Q?

sheesh am I glad these people aren’t GM. That’s like three of these guys now. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So if Allen and Bosa are gone and you cant trade down youd reach on someone not being Q?

sheesh am I glad these people aren’t GM. That’s like three of these guys now. 

Where in my post did I assert this?

Just now, BayRaider said:

You continuous won’t answer who you would take if Allen, Murray, and Bosa are gone and you can’t trade. Picking anyone there not QW would be absolute ridiculous. 

In particular order...at #4 Trade back or take Ferrell, White, Sweat or even Gary

I'm not drafting a DT at #4 at all. I don't care what the draft media says.  That's a lateral move for the Raiders

Just now, NYRaider said:

Which ones showed promise? Our 3 DT combined for 10 TFL, 3 sacks and their play resulted in us ranking 30th in the NFL in rushing defense. That's terrible lmao.

Only novice NFL fans think that Sacks and TFLs are the only way to judge a DT group.

Then you pile on our rush defense on the DT group? Sheesh how long have you been watching football?

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Only novice NFL fans think that Sacks and TFLs are the only way to judge a DT group.

Then you pile on our rush defense on the DT group? Sheesh how long have you been watching football?

We had the worst front 7 in football last year and have made minimal upgrades in free agency. Why would it make sense to pass on one of the only two elite DL in the draft? 

What other way is there to judge them? They didn't rush the passer, didn't make plays in the backfield, didn't stop the run... Is there some other metric you're using to say this group is good enough to pass on Williams? If so what is it? And how are you not working in an NFL front office considering you know something better than stats and outcome to judge player performance? 

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

In particular order...at #4 Trade back or take Ferrell, White, Sweat or even Gary

I'm not drafting a DT at #4 at all. I don't care what the draft media says.  That's a lateral move for the Raiders

If you would take those guys over Q you have no idea what so ever what you’re doing and are in a 1% minority. Probably less than 1%. Glad you don’t run the team. Now go look at your Kyler Murray pics before bed. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

Between Williams and Sweat or Burns, I don't think anyone would go with the latter two. Between Williams or Allen, Bosa, or trading back--that's more of a question for me.

Yeah Sweats or Burns are not even in the conversation at 4

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Which ones showed promise? Our 3 DT combined for 10 TFL, 3 sacks and their play resulted in us ranking 30th in the NFL in rushing defense. That's terrible lmao.

I think Hurst had 4 sacks so dont know where you getting stats from and that's in 13 games sharing time.

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah Sweats or Burns are not even in the conversation at 4

Exactly. If we have both Allen and Q on the board and we pick Allen I wouldn’t be mad. Wouldn’t agree with it but wouldn’t be mad. If we picked Sweat or Burns over Q that’s just laughable. And I really really like Sweat, Burns, and Ferrell a lot. But they are not Q. 

Archived