SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PFF released their top quarterback grades for the draft

1. Kyler Murray

2. Will Grier

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Drew Lock

5. Daniel Jones

6. Ryan Finley

Veey interesting with Grier. They did swap Haskins and Grier on the Big Board though due to Haskins potential. But they are really high on Grier.

D2S5e2tX4AAfOCD.png

Who was it who was hyping up Campbell? Like we all said, his speed doesn't translate well on the football field. He's a great gadget WR for a team like New Orleans. ere

I would love Hall if he's there in the 4th... probably won't be though.

59 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

D2S5e2tX4AAfOCD.png

Who was it who was hyping up Campbell? Like we all said, his speed doesn't translate well on the football field. He's a great gadget WR for a team like New Orleans. ere

His speed doesn't translate to the football field because Ohio State uses him in short yardage situations? 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His speed doesn't translate to the football field because Ohio State uses him in short yardage situations? 

They use him in short yardage situations for a reason. Their other WRs they all go deep with. Campbell is not a ball pinpoint guy. Hes a short yard gadget WR that can take one to the house. Fits well in New Orleans, New York Jets, Seattle. Definitely not a fit in our WC Scheme. 

Grier has been my QB1 since day 1 and the only QB i would take in the first round if i was a team looking for a franchise guy.

Coincidentally enough, I had Carr rated as my QB1 the year he came out and was also the only QB i liked in that draft as a first rounder. 

Can't wait to watch the poor saps that draft Jones, Lock, Murray and Haskins, none are franchise guys. None as better then Carr. Just like the 3 guys drafted in the first round of 2014.

Had the last TDN sim mock really fall our way, this would be an ideal draft from a defensive standpoint. Could be 3, maybe 4 major impact players on that side of the ball if it went this way along with 2 contributors on offense. 

1.4 Quinnen Williams, DT

1.24 Clelin Ferrell, Edge

1.27 Jachai Polite, Edge 

2.35 Justin Layne, CB

4.106 Rodney Anderson, RB

5.140 DeMarkus Lodge, WR

6.218 Tommy Sweeney, TE

7.238 Kendall Joseph LB

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

PFF released their top quarterback grades for the draft

1. Kyler Murray

2. Will Grier

3. Dwayne Haskins

4. Drew Lock

5. Daniel Jones

6. Ryan Finley

Veey interesting with Grier. They did swap Haskins and Grier on the Big Board though due to Haskins potential. But they are really high on Grier.

Grier is #3 on PFF

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Grier is #3 on PFF

I said #2 on grades. Grier is massively slept on in this draft. I keep watching Haskins and I don’t get what people see. No zip, balls easily intercepted at the next level, no mobility, overweight, pocket presence even worse than Carr, bad under pressure, etc. People just see his 50-8 statline and fall in love. 

The QB class is pretty bad in general but I think there’s like 5 guys that are interchangeable at #2 behind Murray. 

39 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I said #2 on grades. Grier is massively slept on in this draft. I keep watching Haskins and I don’t get what people see. No zip, balls easily intercepted at the next level, no mobility, overweight, pocket presence even worse than Carr, bad under pressure, etc. People just see his 50-8 statline and fall in love. 

The QB class is pretty bad in general but I think there’s like 5 guys that are interchangeable at #2 behind Murray. 

Depends who you ask on the QBs the opinions are all different. 

Chris Simms has Grier as his #8 QB in this draft

Grier breakdown starts at 1:55

11 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

Grier has been my QB1 since day 1 and the only QB i would take in the first round if i was a team looking for a franchise guy.

Coincidentally enough, I had Carr rated as my QB1 the year he came out and was also the only QB i liked in that draft as a first rounder. 

Can't wait to watch the poor saps that draft Jones, Lock, Murray and Haskins, none are franchise guys. None as better then Carr. Just like the 3 guys drafted in the first round of 2014.

Every year teams pump up the QBs and overrate most of them. Take Carr’s class for example: Blake Bortles came out of nowhere as a QB for UCF, teams liked his size and mobility and thought he was QB1. Manziel was flashy mobile heisman winner that teams wanted, a Russell Wilson clone. Bridgewater was the pro ready guy who had already been on teams radars. Carr had been watching game film since he was 13 and rewote record books at Fresno. Grap was the post season riser who came from the same school Romo did. Now here where the knocks: Bortles was a project who needed refinement in his mechanics and knowledge. Manziel was a party boy bringing flashbacks of Ryan Leaf. Bridgewater was slight of build and people questioned if he could play without gloves. Carr’s last name basically, and can he handle pressure. Grap small school QB and teams weren’t sure if that would translate to the pros. 

Ironically the second rounders are the starters but teams loved the potential that both manziel and Bortles had. Because of This their teams wiffed big time and to be honest i think it cost the jags a super bowl trip. For some reason teams go for higher ceilings on QBs every year in the first. 

Campbell is an electric WR who can make something out of nothing. You can find any stat to fit your narrative good or bad. Campbell is no where near a polished WR, but when a team drafts him you know that. His first year you’re gonna have to scheme him to get open and use screen passes and have him come out the back field. 

Its the same thing the Chiefs did with T. Hill his first year and it allowed him to grow into the role and look at him now. 

Allow A.Brown to mentor him for a full season and learn from and Campbell will be good to go. I think the Raiders are a perfect fit for him because he doesn’t need to come in and be a number 1 or 2 WR. The Raiders need a WR like him. Tyrell Williams will have you cover north and South. Campbell will make you cover East and west of the field. 

Archived