2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

17 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Do you guys think q can play base end and then kick down inside on pass downs?

Q could definitely play base end although I think that is not his best position.  I also think that Hurst would be better served not being a full time player at 3T.  If we draft Q we are set at DT and I would not mind having him play 3T or base end on early downs.  Under certain circumstances we could also have Hurst play some base end.  Unless we hit on 2-3 picks for DE we are going to be put in a position that those 2 will have to play some base end if we draft Q.  We already know that we are going to have an average at best defense and are just building towards having a contender in the next couple years.  Hall, Hurst, Q, and Key could all use a ear to develop and play together.  Even if we draft Bosa, White, and Lawrence in the first, which would be a crazy 1st round, our defense will not be great next year.  Maybe in 2020 it would be.

22 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

You guys should really start looking at more film. PJ Hall looking like a potential beast on our line

He had 0 sacks and 3 TFL in 14 games last season. I like his potential but he's not Quinnen Williams. 

Lollll is someone hyping up PJ Hall? Hall’s a nice rotational piece. Graded out as one of PFFs worst last year. 10 sack a year. He’ll never be that, ever. But he will get better. He’s not Jihad Ward. But him and Q are not even on the same planet. This forum is funny sometimes when it comes to our own players. 

45 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lollll is someone hyping up PJ Hall? Hall’s a nice rotational piece. Graded out as one of PFFs worst last year. 10 sack a year. He’ll never be that, ever. But he will get better. He’s not Jihad Ward. But him and Q are not even on the same planet. This forum is funny sometimes when it comes to our own players. 

Right...you are hyping up a player who hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet as basis to your argument. Saying he has 10 sacks per year "potential". You can make that argument with both Hall and Hurst.

People overrated Draft prospects all the time

Nobody said we are comparing prospects. The fact we drafted 2 DTs last year that both showed promise makes taking another DT questionable. Keep in mind we also have Hankins and Jelly Ellis

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Right...you are hyping up a player who hasn't even played a down in the NFL yet as basis to your argument. Saying he has 10 sacks per year "potential". You can make that argument with both Hall and Hurst.

People overrated Draft prospects all the time

Nobody said we are comparing prospects. The fact we drafted 2 DTs last year that both showed promise makes taking another DT questionable. Keep in mind we also have Hankins and Jelly Ellis

Don’t ever mention Hall and QW in the same sentence again. You are 1) Being extremely bias to a current player and 2) Being a baby that we won’t go QB at 4. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t ever mention Hall and QW in the same sentence again. You are 1) Being extremely bias to a current player and 2) Being a baby that we won’t go QB at 4. 

If Murray reaches #4...he's the pick. I said well before the combine he is the best player and a no brainer if he there on the clock. Seems like the Cardinals agree to my point in which you claimed that he didnt deserve to go round 1

Be careful what you say..because you could be hyping up a future 49er vs an Oakland Raider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Meh. It's too early to write him off because he was a project coming in and has elite physical tools but he's definitely not a guy that you're going to bank on being an elite player. Williams looks like an absolute freak and would instantly be our most talented player on defense. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

PJ Hall didn't show anything that warrants passing on a blue-chip talent like Quinnen Williams. 

PJ Hall , Maurice Hurst and our other DTs. Unless we have plans to play him at DE, no way he gets drafted at #4.  This is a position we have solidified

Some of you get BPA mixed up. BPA means best available player at a position of need. Not just the best player available

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

PJ Hall , Maurice Hurst and our other DTs. Unless we have plans to play him at DE, no way he gets drafted at #4.  This is a position we have solidified

Some of you get BPA mixed up. BPA means best available player at a position of need. Not just the best player available

BPA means to take the best player available. Hurst graded out as the #46 DT, Hall graded out as the #78 DT,  and Hankins graded out as the #76 DT according to PFF. Ellis was hurt the majority of the season and Vanderdoes has been hurt throughout his first two seasons. 

Wouldn't say the position is solidified by any means, you don't pass on a top 2 player in the draft because you have below average players at the position already. 

If Murray is available at 4 I hope Mayock finds a team willing to part with half of their picks over the next 3 years to get him. And if Q. is on the board and we don't pull a trade or draft a different player, I'm fighting someone in Disney World.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

BPA means to take the best player available. Hurst graded out as the #46 DT, Hall graded out as the #78 DT,  and Hankins graded out as the #76 DT according to PFF. Ellis was hurt the majority of the season and Vanderdoes has been hurt throughout his first two seasons. 

Wouldn't say the position is solidified by any means, you don't pass on a top 2 player in the draft because you have below average players at the position already. 

With that rational we should draft a QB at #4 because we have a below average starter according to PFF. We have two rookies who should have a 2nd year jump. Hurst was the projected to go round 1 until his heart issue.

Stacking DTs with high draft captial is not the formula to win in the NFL. 

30 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If Murray reaches #4...he's the pick. I said well before the combine he is the best player and a no brainer if he there on the clock. Seems like the Cardinals agree to my point in which you claimed that he didnt deserve to go round 1

Be careful what you say..because you could be hyping up a future 49er vs an Oakland Raider

I never said I didn’t agree Murray is the pick at 4. And I like Murray. But Murray is going #1 and Mayock isn’t trading up for the guy. No other QB in this class is worth a 1st Round Pick. I wouldn’t even waste a 2nd on this trash class. I feel like us not getting a QB is upsetting you and you’re trashing all other possible picks. 

What do you do with Kyler, Bosa, and Allen are off the board? And a trade down isn’t possible? Ferrrell, Burns, Sweat, etc are all reaches at 4 and QW is a much much better prospect. He’s not Myles Garrett but the best prospect since Myles Garrett. 

Archived