2019 NFL Draft V3

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

11 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If you watched Patrick Mahomes last year and thought "Hey, he's only good because the Chiefs have a talented offense around him!" I want some oof what you're smoking. For real foreal 

Mahomes went to a really good situation. He rode the bench for a year on an already good team. He sat learned and became a great player with a creative coach in Andy Reid. Mahomes got what people have been saying they want from QBs, time to groom and grow. But it is one year and he certainly has flaws, after an offseason of tape teams will look at his tendencies and game plan against him. I could see his numbers drop a little in year 3, I’m not saying he’ll bust or anything but I’d wouldn’t surprise me if he drops to earth.  

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

Mahomes went to a really good situation. He rode the bench for a year on an already good team. He sat learned and became a great player with a creative coach in Andy Reid. Mahomes got what people have been saying they want from QBs, time to groom and grow. But it is one year and he certainly has flaws, after an offseason of tape teams will look at his tendencies and game plan against him. I could see his numbers drop a little in year 3, I’m not saying he’ll bust or anything but I’d wouldn’t surprise me if he drops to earth.  

The biggest flaw I see in him is that he strictly a gunslinger. In the playoffs loss you can see that the deep ball wasn’t there but he still forced it. I don’t think he has the  patience to do the underneath work all game.

I’m a big believer in Gruden, despite his rebuilding being “different.” How do you guys feel about Carr? Do you want a new QB? I think he can succeed with the proper talent in place.

I also think the Raiders should trade for AJ Green.

Quick Mock:

1.) Arz- Murray

2.) SF- Bosa

3.) NYJ- Quinnen Williams

4.) Best options are gone. Josh Allen’s lack of hand usage concerns me, as does his fit in our offense. Gary’s lack of production doesn’t warrant a top five pick.

Cinci has a new coach that probably wants a new qb. They give us 11 and a second and take Haskins.

11.) Devin Bush: adds speed and physicality to our defense.

24.) Clelin Ferrell: Will fall because of limited work out at combine and no workout at the pro day. Teams have to go off tape and interviews. 

27.) Best DB available 

35.) Josh Jacobs: Three down back that can run through or around ppl plus he’s a real factor in the pass game.

Cinci Second: Andy Isabella. Slot receiver and kick returner. Gruden loves him. 

4th Round: Jace Sternberger. Not the best blocker but can be a solid move tight end. Great seambuster

Rounds 5-7: Depth at oline, edge, and dB. Maybe a project qb?

37 minutes ago, NJ Raider said:

Quick Mock:

1.) Arz- Murray

2.) SF- Bosa

3.) NYJ- Quinnen Williams

4.) Best options are gone. Josh Allen’s lack of hand usage concerns me, as does his fit in our offense. Gary’s lack of production doesn’t warrant a top five pick.

Cinci has a new coach that probably wants a new qb. They give us 11 and a second and take Haskins.

11.) Devin Bush: adds speed and physicality to our defense.

24.) Clelin Ferrell: Will fall because of limited work out at combine and no workout at the pro day. Teams have to go off tape and interviews. 

27.) Best DB available 

35.) Josh Jacobs: Three down back that can run through or around ppl plus he’s a real factor in the pass game.

Cinci Second: Andy Isabella. Slot receiver and kick returner. Gruden loves him. 

4th Round: Jace Sternberger. Not the best blocker but can be a solid move tight end. Great seambuster

Rounds 5-7: Depth at oline, edge, and dB. Maybe a project qb?

I could live with that. Where Ferrell goes will be interesting lot of people in here said he would be a top 5 pick. 

If Guenther follows the Bengals mantra then I can see a CB being taken with either of our latter 1st rounders. We had a heavy rotation of CBs last year with Colnley.Worley, Melvin, Hall Nelson and DRC. 

14 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

If you watched Patrick Mahomes last year and thought "Hey, he's only good because the Chiefs have a talented offense around him!" I want some oof what you're smoking. For real foreal 

You’re right, Kelcee, Hill, their OL, Andy Reid and the rest of their weapons wouldn’t be ish without Mahomes. 

Mahomes went into the absolute best situation possible. He got drafted by a playoff team with a winning culture in place. He also got to sit for a year and refine his game behind a good vet QB, was paired with one of the best offensive minds in football, and inherited an offense with some of the most unique weapons in the league in guys like Hunt, Hill, and Kelcee. 

41 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Are there any stats about how he handled those pressures?

He played well against pressure in that limited sample size. Fact remains that he wasn’t pressure at all, 85% of the time he had a clean pocket to throw the ball. In the Big XII where they still haven’t learned that defense is a part of football. 

In comparison Josh Rosen was pressured on 40% of his snaps last season in Arizona. 

14 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

No one is saying that. They're saying it helps him that he landed on a playoff team with a top 5 offense. You do realize that? In 2017 they were top 5 with him holding a clipboard. You understand that right? 

He is a good QB, but he elevated them from 5 to 1, not 25 to 1. 

Even as someone that hates the chiefs, I will admit that he has an impressive skill set. However, it isn’t like he took a three win team to the afc championship the next year.

I think he will come back down to earth next year. Still good but not 50 td good, especially since Hill is facing a suspension,

Archived