38 minutes ago, PR said:

Yes for all - BDD, MD4L, JLash, Counselor, BCB, PR, Whicker

Yes if only Rookie - Rags, Ted

Yes if only unlocked (Im pretty sure this just means no..) - Pheltz

No - Lukic, SirA, whickok

That is 7. Game set match?

Need nine to change anything 

Issue #3 Vote No

My reason for this is once a player does a mid-season retirement, someone can just dump that salary without consequence. Once the season is over, I'm okay with retirements coming off the books, but I don't think auto dropping a player mid-season is a good idea, especially when it's possible they can still sign with a team later on (if they were a free agent).

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Issue #3 Vote No

My reason for this is once a player does a mid-season retirement, someone can just dump that salary without consequence. Once the season is over, I'm okay with retirements coming off the books, but I don't think auto dropping a player mid-season is a good idea, especially when it's possible they can still sign with a team later on (if they were a free agent).

This is another view that a team should be penalized for a player choosing to retire. Why should a team be punished for a player choosing to retire? Why does there need to be a consequence for a locked player coming off a roster when they retire when an unlocked player doesnt have a consequence and can be cut at any time? This makes no damn sense @RuskieTitan

6 minutes ago, PR said:

This is another view that a team should be penalized for a player choosing to retire. Why should a team be punished for a player choosing to retire? Why does there need to be a consequence for a locked player coming off a roster when they retire when an unlocked player doesnt have a consequence and can be cut at any time? This makes no damn sense @RuskieTitan

You don’t need to tag him because you quoted him

Topic: 

4. Create a Practice Squad system

Idea submitter: Ted

Current situation:

None

Details of the idea: Get a 5 to 10 an practice squad, with only players on rookie contract. Every season start, you can choose to fill out your PS. It could count against the salary cap and the roster size. Other teams can claim people from an another team PS through the waiver process, but priority should be given to the team owning the player (if Rome and Portland claim a player from Rome PS, Rome gets to promote him even if Portland has waiver priority). Player can't be demoted to the PS if they played a game within the year (starter or bench)

Argument for : It's fun

Applicable on: Now

Possible alteration:

• Many

Basically for the practice squad thing, I think it is better to get a sense if the concept interests people. If it doesn't well item closed. If it does then we work out the details and we vote on a detailed proposal by the end of this meeting. I've listed how I would view it but it can have many forms

Archived