BDL Owners Meeting 2019

TedLavie

On 12/03/2019 at 9:12 PM, Ragnarok said:

Proposal 35 - 

A.  The regular season will begin during week 4 of the preseason and Thanksgiving will be a BDL bye week.

B.  If a player is active during week 16 of the NFL season but not week 17, they will be considered as active for week 17 of the BDL season.  If they are not active week 16 or week 17, then they will not be considered active for week 17 of the BDL season.  

Yes, this does raise the slight possibility that a player could tear an ACL or have another serious injury week 16 and still be active for a Bizzbowl, but I think that taking this strictly objective measure is much better than the subjective method we had last year.  

I hear the people bringing up a total revamp of the schedule, but would suggest these two moves for next season so we can see how they work out and if we need to take additional measures the following year.  

On 13/03/2019 at 9:00 AM, TedLavie said:

Proposal 36

BDL starts week 1

12 week reg season

Bye week with no waivers on Thanksgiving

Bizz Bowl will happen between week 16 and week 17, at a date agreed by both participants, and votes will be open for 5 days.

Bizz Bowl player availability will be decided with week 15 NFL availability. If a player is out for the semi, he's out for the final.

Is there any other proposals than those two right now? @PR @SirA1 I kind remember you giving some formal proposals for schedule

26 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

The regular season will begin during week 4 of the preseason and Thanksgiving will be a BDL bye week

So what happens when no one has enough active players week 4 of the preseason to field a competitive team? 

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

lol at ya'll considering actual gameplay when you just look at the QBs, skim the gameplan and vote for the best QB.

That’s what you want us to do since you have Mahomes. But if anyone looked at the garbage you have on your team you would go 0fer

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

So what happens when no one has enough active players week 4 of the preseason to field a competitive team? 

22 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

This was my thought as well. Guess we better sign a bunch of scrubs to play.

Basically, unless a player was on IR or PUP, they'd be fine for week 4 of preseason.

16 minutes ago, Counselor said:

That’s what you want us to do since you have Mahomes. But if anyone looked at the garbage you have on your team you would go 0fer

I'd rather ya'll actually read my gameplans and look at my roster fairly but half of BDL doesn't even do that. I get it, we all got lives but I saw so many people going "Portland bcuz Mahomes" last year. 

But the owners meeting has divided us enough, vote for prop 35 so we don't have to be running on fumes later in the season.

Vote for Prop 35

I'm not saying there won't be some questions about how to incorporate week 4 of the preseason.  I think we are capable of applying common sense.  But this is the simplest way to give us that Thanksgiving break we all agree we need and it resolves the week 17 injury issue.  

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Is there any other proposals than those two right now? @PR @SirA1 I kind remember you giving some formal proposals for schedule

Mine was 12 week start P4 so that way the season is before Thanksgiving (Wk 12) and you don't have an odd final week of the regular season after the bye.

That being said I think the details can be worked out later similar to how we broke down the Draft topics.

Let's start with 12 vs 14 games.

I will go with Prop 36 for 12 games as well. trying new things isn't a bad thing even though nothing new has really been chosen so far this owners meeting.

Archived