Off-Topic: The WORLD CHAMPION Washington Nationals Thread

turtle28

5 hours ago, Slateman said:

???? How is it Martinez' fault that Strasburg gave up six runs? Is he supposed to pull him after 4 innings of work?

Yes, he should’ve pulled Stras. I clearly stated in the post before that Strasburg should’ve been pulled before the Braves roughed him up in the 5th. Particularly bc of his pitch count.

Someone also mentioned how he was outpitched in another way Friday or in the last game I can’t remember what it was.

44 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Stop. I can only get so erect.

Gotta go change those underpants buddy?

What’ll be even nicer is if the Redskins make the playoffs and the Ravens miss the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. ?

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And yet...

... he said he probably won't be playing today.

Martinez is running into the trouble of being a players-coach. That certainly has to be a part of a coach's repertoire. But he's all-in. He now has a few guys that apparently need a kick in the ***... and that's something that isn't in his repertoire.

Nats also miss having a fiery position player. Outside of Max, they have a lot of quiet guys that go about their business. I have a hard time thinking of an emotional leader, again, outside of a pitcher.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

... he said he probably won't be playing today.

Martinez is running into the trouble of being a players-coach. That certainly has to be a part of a coach's repertoire. But he's all-in. He now has a few guys that apparently need a kick in the ***... and that's something that isn't in his repertoire.

Nats also miss having a fiery position player. Outside of Max, they have a lot of quiet guys that go about their business. I have a hard time thinking of an emotional leader, again, outside of a pitcher.

Which is a major problem and I don’t think Bryce is a leader type either especially because he’s about to be a free agent and I’m sure some teammates think he’s going to leave.

Edited by turtle28

For the record, Turner sat. I agree, he could have been benched right away. But Martinez followed through.

Solis is horrid.

Murph is coming around. He and Eaton (and Soto) put together some really nice ABs.

Weiters is horrid hitting too. But I'm still not doing a Realmuto for Robles deal. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

41 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

For the record, Turner sat. I agree, he could have been benched right away. But Martinez followed through.

Solis is horrid.

Murph is coming around. He and Eaton (and Soto) put together some really nice ABs.

Weiters is horrid hitting too. But I'm still not doing a Realmuto for Robles deal. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

At this point, you're not getting Realmuto for less. If Harper were MVP form, I'd consider it. But no, this season is freaking done.

Stras going to the DL.

If we're trading Robles, it needs to be for another top flight starting pitcher. Sign Grandal and Corbin in the offseason. Maybe Jose Iglesias too (move Turner to 2B).

Disaster of a season. Figures. The window opened a year early, now it's closing a year early.

8 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Solis is horrid.

You don’t deal Robles for anybody. If Harper leaves you need him. And I’d say there’s about a 90% chance Harper is gone after this season now. 

• Like 2