Eagles trade S Terrance Brooks for CB Dexter McDougle

Phire

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Also weird that Howie has traded with 2 teams directly before playing them in the preseason.

I wonder if there's something behind that. Like we start watching film and say "Hey we should trade our depth guy for that depth guy." 

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't like this trade. Brooks was nice depth, could start if needed or be on the field for three safety sets. McDougle seems to have an injury history and has never started.

Yeah interesting trade in that regard. I think this is just an indictment on the corners. The team seems really nervous about them still.

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Yeah interesting trade in that regard. I think this is just an indictment on the corners. The team seems really nervous about them still.

It's probably more that they like Corey Graham for the third safety. And can play nickel CB so Jenkins doesn't have to leaving our safeties thin. 

Trade makes sense. Brooks was getting cut. This guy my not even make the team either. But if it pushes one of our terrible corners off the roster, win-win. 

We have plenty of safety depth, so even though I liked Brooks I get trying to get something for one of our safeties instead of just releasing them.

But another injury prone slot corner?

If we are looking to do player for player deals, we should be looking at bottom of the roster HBs and QBs

Archived