Rumor: teams interested in Duke Johnson

Kiwibrown

39 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Wouldn't mind a Peyton Barber for Duke trade.  Gives you a decent 2 until Hunt comes back and Duke can play in an Arians offense as a 1

Of course you wouldn't. Peyton Barber sucks testicles. Duke Johnson is a stud.

Wouldn't mind a Lavonte David for Duke trade. Gives you a starting RB and gives us a starting linebacker. Seems fair, right?

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Of course you wouldn't. Peyton Barber sucks testicles. Duke Johnson is a stud.

Wouldn't mind a Lavonte David for Duke trade. Gives you a starting RB and gives us a starting linebacker. Seems fair, right?

Such a stud your awesome coaching staff ran him 40 times the whole year, then went out and signed Hunt because Duke is a stud, my bad.

2 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Such a stud your awesome coaching staff ran him 40 times the whole year, then went out and signed Hunt because Duke is a stud, my bad.

...he is though. Stop looking at stats and look at what he did for us in the passing game. Plus we had Chubb, who murdered every team he faced. Would you have given Duke carries over one of the best RB's in the league?

41 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

...he is though. Stop looking at stats and look at what he did for us in the passing game. Plus we had Chubb, who murdered every team he faced. Would you have given Duke carries over one of the best RB's in the league?

I agree that he is good at what he does, kind of the reason I want him on the Bucs.  Especially with the passing game and Arians desire for a back that catches.  But any team that sees what Cleveland has in the backfield, they know that they can probably wait until Duke becomes a FA as there should be intention of keeping him with the group you have.  That drives the cost down, would actually be happy for a swap of Djax for Duke as well.  

38 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I agree that he is good at what he does, kind of the reason I want him on the Bucs.  Especially with the passing game and Arians desire for a back that catches.  But any team that sees what Cleveland has in the backfield, they know that they can probably wait until Duke becomes a FA as there should be intention of keeping him with the group you have.  That drives the cost down, would actually be happy for a swap of Djax for Duke as well.  

They will wait for Duke to become a FA???Well you’ll be waiting until ‘22 for that

I find it laughable that browns fans think duke has much value in a trade... like he is some important piece to an OBJ trade lol as if the giants are looking for a situational backup running back that is making far more than their #2 overall pick. 

Teams are calling about Duke because they know he is expendable. That doesnt mean he is valuable. 

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

I find it laughable that browns fans think duke has much value in a trade... like he is some important piece to an OBJ trade lol as if the giants are looking for a situational backup running back that is making far more than their #2 overall pick. 

Teams are calling about Duke because they know he is expendable. That doesnt mean he is valuable. 

Exactly my point.  Something is only as valued as what you can get for it.  If they didn't go get Hunt then his perceived value goes up.  Would guess if it happens it's before the 15th when his 19 salary becomes guaranteed.

13 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Exactly my point.  Something is only as valued as what you can get for it.  If they didn't go get Hunt then his perceived value goes up.  Would guess if it happens it's before the 15th when his 19 salary becomes guaranteed.

Keep in mind that Hunt will be suspended for a good part of the year, and likely won't be in Cleveland's long-term plans. It's not like there's no room for Duke here.

Duke is solid as a runner, but he's very good in the passing game and when you get him in space. I even said before that I doubt other teams will give much up for him, which is why I'd rather just keep him. Only real reason to trade him is if Duke personally asked to be traded or if we get good value in return. A mid-round pick wouldn't be good value for a player like Duke, IMO.

35 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Keep in mind that Hunt will be suspended for a good part of the year, and likely won't be in Cleveland's long-term plans. It's not like there's no room for Duke here.

Duke is solid as a runner, but he's very good in the passing game and when you get him in space. I even said before that I doubt other teams will give much up for him, which is why I'd rather just keep him. Only real reason to trade him is if Duke personally asked to be traded or if we get good value in return. A mid-round pick wouldn't be good value for a player like Duke, IMO.

Correct. It's not like we need to ship him off. He's under contract for a while and serves a big purpose for our team as a pass catcher. Kareem Hunt is a shot in the dark. I think it'll work out, but who knows when he'll be back?

I'm all for keeping Duke and I think most people would rather have Duke than Hunt.

6 hours ago, N4L said:

A few points...

First, Duke has some trade value, but it’s likely limited.  I’d be shocked if it’s more than a day 3 pick.

Second, his value doesn’t represent ability fairly.  He plays a devalued position and makes a healthy salary at a position that teams typically don’t care to invest much at.

Lastly, people are using statistics to prove a point that eyeballs would dispute.  Was he underused?  Absolutely.  Did he produce when given the ball?  Yep.  5.0 ypc and one of the best receiving RB’s in the game.  

Maybe there isn’t a Browns fan on this site who knows a lick about football, it’s certainly possible, but almost universally Browns fans feel he’s a talented player who was underused.

@LETSGOBROWNIES

The third line of your post essentially agrees with that I am saying.. he doesn't carry a lot of trade value 

Saying a guy with high ypt was 'underused' and implying that with more touches he would have the same ypt is a bad argument. Your ypt typically drops with more touches 

No one is saying he is a bad player, but acting like he's the piece that puts you over the top for obj is unjustified and laughable

3 minutes ago, N4L said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES

The third line of your post essentially agrees with that I am saying.. he doesn't carry a lot of trade value 

Saying a guy with high ypt was 'underused' and implying that with more touches he would have the same ypt is a bad argument. Your ypt typically drops with more touches 

No one is saying he is a bad player, but acting like he's the piece that puts you over the top for obj is unjustified and laughable

Yeah LGB, stop acting like that.

58 minutes ago, N4L said:

We dont think he gets you over the top. We just think he is really good.

Archived