Would your team trade this years 1st for DLaw?

DaBoys

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Affording that will be a problem though. You'd have to cut Griffen, Sendejo, Remmers and Rudolph and hope you land some good OL in the draft. Forget about resigning Richardson or Barr.

I’ve already accepted we won’t be resigning Anthony Barr.  As soon as we extended Stefon Diggs I knew Barr would be the odd man out.  Wouldn’t mind cutting griffin though at this point and we’re probably drafting an offensive lineman somewhere in the top couple of rounds anyways

On 3/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, Forge said:

Is DLaw worth the 2nd overall pick? Yeah. If you use that second pick on Bosa, you're just hoping and praying he becomes as good as Dlaw, which is  far from guaranteed. Would the 49ers trade that pick for Dlaw? I don't think so. 

Maybe not if you account for the difference in Salaries though. Bosa’s Cap numbers over his rookie contract will be what, 13-15 or more less than Lawrence would expect in any contract extension.

Is Lawrence worth Bosa plus Trey Flowers or Bosa plus Earl Thomas/Landon Collins (take your pick)?

On 3/5/2019 at 1:55 PM, Forge said:

Is DLaw worth the 2nd overall pick? Yeah. If you use that second pick on Bosa, you're just hoping and praying he becomes as good as Dlaw, which is  far from guaranteed. Would the 49ers trade that pick for Dlaw? I don't think so. 

Difference is Bosa is going to cost less than half of what DLaw will cost over the next 4 years (also think there is reason to hope he is even better than DLaw). The great edge rushers usually don't take too long to adjust to the game, if Bosa is the real deal (which you obviously believe if you draft him), he probably is producing around DLaw level by year 2.

He is definitely worth a 1st, top 10 pass rusher in/entering prime, I just don't know about top 5 pick. 

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Difference is Bosa is going to cost less than half of what DLaw will cost over the next 4 years (also think there is reason to hope he is even better than DLaw). The great edge rushers usually don't take too long to adjust to the game, if Bosa is the real deal (which you obviously believe if you draft him), he probably is producing around DLaw level by year 2.

He is definitely worth a 1st, top 10 pass rusher in/entering prime, I just don't know about top 5 pick. 

A proven commodity is always more valuable then a unproven one.

1 minute ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Which is why he wants be paid 20 million plus a year. Young players on rookie contracts are valuable because they are unpaid versus their performance. 

absolutely right. Lawrence on a 20M per year contract is not very valuable.

3 hours ago, nextsuperstar1 said:

Which is why he wants be paid 20 million plus a year. Young players on rookie contracts are valuable because they are unpaid versus their performance. 

Think about what's wrong with that statement. You're betting on potential, not results already rendered.

A Top 3 DE worth 20 million is still far more valuable then a rookie "if" you can afford them.

Archived