Mini TCMD - Discussion Thread

ny92mike

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

So Irish wasn’t off on what Kwon got paid Hahahaha

There's still the scheme problem with Wagner at MLB. And the 49ers did make me laugh with that deal. @Forge, come get your boys!

Of course, his decisions in the secondary are the weirdest ones.

Sorry guys, we can't use the actions of a GM who paid Jonathan Cooper 4 million to not make the roster, a fullback who makes about 3x the next highest paid full back, and paid 10 million for one year of Jerick Mckinnon as a justification of a good signing by Irish. 

But seriously though...it's pretty funny that he ended up with that deal after Irish gave similar in game. 

@jrry32 I laughed, then cried. Such a poor way to exploit market inefficiencies. The college game is pumping out athletic WILLS at a higher rate than almost any other position at the current point in time. You can legitimately get competent starters on day 2 for that position in the draft and pay them peanuts. I don't even like this off ball class and probably would have still taken a chance on that over this. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sorry guys, we can't use the actions of a GM who paid Jonathan Cooper 4 million to not make the roster, a fullback who makes about 3x the next highest paid full back, and paid 10 million for one year of Jerick Mckinnon as a justification of a good signing by Irish. 

But seriously though...it's pretty funny that he ended up with that deal after Irish gave similar in game. 

@jrry32 I laughed, then cried. Such a poor way to exploit market inefficiencies. The college game is pumping out athletic WILLS at a higher rate than almost any other position at the current point in time. You can legitimately get competent starters on day 2 for that position in the draft and pay them peanuts. I don't even like this off ball class and probably would have still taken a chance on that over this. 

Seriously. It's such a dumb move. The guy is a missed tackle machine. It's not hard to find an undersized, rangy Will. Hell, you basically had that in Eric Reid and banished him.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Seriously. It's such a dumb move. The guy is a missed tackle machine. It's not hard to find an undersized, rangy Will. Hell, you basically had that in Eric Reid and banished him.

Don't remind me. Most of us wanted Reid back just for that reason. I do like that Kwon makes some plays to create turnovers, but overall, just such a bad deal because you can still find that fairly cheap. Who builds their roster by paying 7% of the cap to an off ball linebacker? I mean that's terrible. Save your big money for the most important positions...WILL is not one of them. 

After Missing out on Sheldon Richardson in free agency.....

The Browns have decided to trade for DT Malik Jackson.

Image result for malik jackson

DT has been one of the biggest off season needs for the Cleveland Browns so obtaining Malik Jackson fills a huge hole.  With the addition of Jackson playing along side Garrett / Ogunjobi / Vernon, it provides him the freedom to help the Browns with their poor run defense with the occasional stop at the QB.  The addition also allows Emmanuel Ogbah to rotate between DE/DT and help keep the DL fresh.

Peace!!!

Archived