New Forum - New Random

y2lamanaki

RANDOMNESS AWAKENS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following options makes the best option for you to vote for?

• The First One. Always go with The First One.
    • Beer (duh)
    • Frank Gore
    • Can you repeat the question?
    • All of the above
    • LET'S LET THE SHOE DECIDE
    • This all of the above. This is the better all of the above. It's more all of the abover.
  2. 2. Are you kidding me? TWO Random Polls?!?!

• No I'm not kidding you.
    • No you're not kidding me.
    • Wait, in which point of view am I supposed to answer these?!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So when you say because of work, where the hell did they have you where you had no internet access for three months??? Military? 

I'm hoping he's an escape room auditor / tester and just couldn't get out of his most recent inspection. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm hoping he's a spy sent out to some third world country on a mission for three months! 

He just recovered his strength and bone density after returning to earth from the ISS in a Soyuz capsule.

4 minutes ago, Geek said:

The military guess was right. I'm a marine working on getting into RECON. Depending on how things go I might be going away again for a while in a couple weeks. But for now I'm back baby!

Sincere thanks for your service, friend. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Sincere thanks for your service, friend. 

Amen! I have a bro-in-law who did a tour each in Afghanistan and Iraq. He claims it wasn't much since he was on base working on choppers, but it is a sacrifice nonetheless. Thank you again @Geek

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Geek said:

The military guess was right. I'm a marine working on getting into RECON. Depending on how things go I might be going away again for a while in a couple weeks. But for now I'm back baby!

That's big time stuff right there. Fully expect some top level missions from you once you get into RECON. First one is try to figure out a way for us to get Bosa/OBJ/ET this offseason!!!!

• Like 2

Wait, wtf there's a new football league? Where the hell did that come from? Gone for a few months and it feels like I'm in the dark about so much :D

Also what's the deal with our ILB situation? Foster got dropped before I left but I have no idea if we have any type of serviceable replacement or not. Is it a draft priority for us? 

19 minutes ago, Geek said:

Wait, wtf there's a new football league? Where the hell did that come from? Gone for a few months and it feels like I'm in the dark about so much :D

Also what's the deal with our ILB situation? Foster got dropped before I left but I have no idea if we have any type of serviceable replacement or not. Is it a draft priority for us? 

I'm sure we will draft someone, the problem is we have bigger needs. A lot of people in here are eyeing free agency to resolve that issue

59 minutes ago, Geek said:

We went with Lee for the most part after Foster went out and he was decent. But definitely a position we can upgrade at. A lot on this board like Jordan Hicks as someone we can get at a relatively solid deal in free agency.

41 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

We went with Lee for the most part after Foster went out and he was decent. But definitely a position we can upgrade at. A lot on this board like Jordan Hicks as someone we can get at a relatively solid deal in free agency.

Is it realistic for Hicks to even hit FA? IIRC he's a pretty damn good player. I see the Eagles don't have a ton of cap space but I would imagine they cut a few guys to get a deal done. If he does hit FA I would love to sign him, he's still young and we could get another 5 years of high level play out of him.

2 minutes ago, Geek said:

Is it realistic for Hicks to even hit FA? IIRC he's a pretty damn good player. I see the Eagles don't have a ton of cap space but I would imagine they cut a few guys to get a deal done. If he does hit FA I would love to sign him, he's still young and we could get another 5 years of high level play out of him.

He's going to hit the market. The Eagles really don't have the room, he's injury prone, etc. They may be able to re-sign him, but he's going to hit the market first. 

How good was that Trent Brown trade for the Pats? That guy is going to get paid this offseason, and they'll probably grab a 4th round compensatory for him. If that were to happen, the trade for them basically goes: 

49ers get - Pick 95 in 2018

Patriots get - pick 143 in 2018, 4th rounder in 2020, one year of Trent Brown at 800K salary + super bowl win

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

How good was that Trent Brown trade for the Pats? That guy is going to get paid this offseason, and they'll probably grab a 4th round compensatory for him. If that were to happen, the trade for them basically goes: 

49ers get - Pick 95 in 2018

Patriots get - pick 143 in 2018, 4th rounder in 2020, one year of Trent Brown at 800K salary + super bowl win

Probably a 3rd rounder for him, no? Brown is going to get paid in the excess of likely 13M per