Free Agent Rumors--Who Are The Lions Going After?

Just Want A Title

I'm alright with Logan Thomas honestly. He'll just get a shot to be a depth TE. Low risk high reward. Ok move, idk if anyone here expect him to be a starter, so if he polishes up some routes, plays specail teams well, he'll get a shot I think.

Making me less nervous they'll trade down and draft a TE.

15 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Who cares? He was on a team playing with the lead most of the time vs the lions who... yeah. Were making pretend 4th quarter come backs. Both years...

Idk, dude isnt' good, Christain Jones isn't good. On top of the catfish. Common, wtf are you doing? 

I'd have to say Manti really hasn't showed if hes trash or decent so if the PFF that everyone wants to go off of then sign him lol...f**ck I watched drew locks pro day guy has no zip in his pass's kinda reminded me of eli Manning haha...if it isn't a younger Mathew Stafford  with more brains or a Drew Brees ill pass on a QB

36 minutes ago, MortexLion said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/22/rams-match-lions-offer-for-malcolm-brown/

Didn't see an update yet but we lost out on MB so maybe a RB 2-3 Rd?

I think that we're going to have to. KJ was really efficient but banged up at times. We don't have a Marshawn or AP leading the way, so we're going to need another RB that can help carry the load. We had 404 rushing attempts last season. Despite his ineptitude, Blount led the way with 154 carries. If we are moving towards a more balanced attack then we're likely to add another 40 carries. KJ had 118 carries last season alone and was injured. Even if we sub KJ in for Blount, there will still be over 280 carries to go around.

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

I think that we're going to have to. KJ was really efficient but banged up at times. We don't have a Marshawn or AP leading the way, so we're going to need another RB that can help carry the load. We had 404 rushing attempts last season. Despite his ineptitude, Blount led the way with 154 carries. If we are moving towards a more balanced attack then we're likely to add another 40 carries. KJ had 118 carries last season alone and was injured. Even if we sub KJ in for Blount, there will still be over 280 carries to go around.

I'm kind of glad about this actually.  I'd rather have someone with more potential there or a more proven back up if we add to the RB group. 

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'm kind of glad about this actually.  I'd rather have someone with more potential there or a more proven back up if we add to the RB group. 

I'd say that we should expect to see 4 guys in the mix: KJ - 150 Carries; RB2 - 120 Carries; RB3 - 90 Carries; RB4 - 80 Carries = TOTAL of 440 Attempts. True bell cow RB's are getting between 250 - 300 attempts (Barkley, Elliott, etc.). We could see KJ get closer to 180 - 200 if he can prove durable but I wouldn't want to put that on him until we can see he can handle the load.

Yeah good post there on Kerryon. He made me a believer when I watched him this year. I think he's a good player and we need to figure out how to keep him healthy. A healthy season can see him get big numbers. Lions just need to add someone behind him that's not completely terrible. I like that they brought in Spencer Ware. Nothing great, but can handle 10 carriers/touches a game and do something with it. Bigger guy too who can catch a little. Grind out a win with a big lead for the Lions and not bust up Johnson. 

Glad Rams matched the offer or whatever with the RB we tried to take from them. 

On 3/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, Karnage84 said:

I was listening to the POD podcast and the guy that used to run the Lions' PFF twitter account commented about the structuring of the contracts. He was suggesting that it looks like the team is trying to keep cap space in the current year for a big trade (maybe Patrick Peterson?). Jones would open up $3.3M in cap space with a $875k cap hit.

Te'o was injured and only played in 5 games last year. If you average out his stats from 2017-2018 and project him with a full season (16 games, starting 11), his numbers aren't far off from Christian Jones'. Te'o is a year younger and had a $2.8M cap hit vs CJ with a $4.1M cap hit. He has struggled with injuries over his career but he could add some depth and allows the team flexibility.

Man I really hope the trade rumors are true. Seriously I think having a stud CB like Peterson would take our D to the next level. 

Heres a name me that’s not being mentioned as a potential trade candidate but for some reason I think it’s a possibility. A.J. Green. One year left on his deal. Not sure the bengals would be willing to pay him. Perhaps a trade up for a QB. 

9 hours ago, MortexLion said:

Lions signed CB Rashaan Melvin to a one-year, $3.5 million contract.

so the best option is to just sign every free CB in free agency...done and done

I think this is a solid move.  It doesn't cost us too much.  He actually had a pretty decent year.  This isn't a "bring in another Patriots Player" move.  He only played for the patriots in 2015.  Its hard to judge a CB when they play with a pass-rush that was even worse than ours.

1 hour ago, Just Want A Title said:

I think this is a solid move.  It doesn't cost us too much.  He actually had a pretty decent year.  This isn't a "bring in another Patriots Player" move.  He only played for the patriots in 2015.  Its hard to judge a CB when they play with a pass-rush that was even worse than ours.

In what was is being benched for the 1000 year old DRC halfway through the year "a pretty decent year"?

But he struggled badly last year in Oakland, allowing 40 catches on 68 targets. Quarterbacks racked up a passer rating of 101.6 when targeting him, which was 79th in the league.

Overall, he ranked 93rd out of the 112 corners who played enough snaps to qualify according to PFF.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2019/03/lions-add-cb-rashaan-melvin-to-new-look-secondary.html

2 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

A player rumoured to be available is Gerald McCoy. It’s also rumoured he will be cut if not traded.

I'd trade for him. Give up something like a later/mid round pick, but he's due around 13 million each year for three years with no cap hit if released. Might be worth a 1 year flier and decide what to do with him next offseason(Keep/restructure/release).

Harrison/McCoy could be "TOUGH" next to eachother. 

Just now, SimbaWho said:

I'd trade for him. Give up something like a later/mid round pick, but he's due around 13 million each year for three years with no cap hit if released. Might be worth a 1 year flier and decide what to do with him next offseason(Keep/restructure/release).

I would really like to see him in this defence.

Archived