Keenum trade talk

LoganF89

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thanks for making my point.  

And while we are at it, Emmanuel Sanders was healthy for most of the year and is a legitimate #1 wide receiver,  Courtland Sutton had a breakout season and averaged nearly 17 YPC.  Phillip LIndsay rushed for over 1000 yards, added nearly 300 through the air and scored 10 times, and Royce Freeman added an additional 500 yards on the ground, yet Keenum was one of the worst starters in the NFL.  

So take away even those weapons and put in Guice (recovering from an ACL injury), an oft-injured Jordan Reed, and the always injured, overpaid duo of Doctson and Richardson.....Keenum is going to be just as bad, if not worse than he was in 2018.  

I mean it's possible he plays better. I just don't think he;s gonna be the 2017 Keenum. That was a one-off. The only good thing about this is that it gives us a decent QB (not great...decent) who is not currently recovering from injury. We can still draft a QB (or even trade for Rosen).

The best thing this trade does for us is take the pressure off to make a stupid deal later or get pressured into taking a guy in the draft

wellll... good luck there, gents.

Case's miraculous year with the Vikings had more to do with the athletic/ballerina like moves our receivers had then to catch uncatchable balls.

Case did have wonderful escape the pocket moves that extended drives every game, but i don't see that happening on your rough field.

Did anyone else think, when you first heard this --that there goes our Supp#3 round draft pick ? I sure did . I was happy we didn't give up barely anything  and not much Cap Space either !  Elway may be dumber than Brice. Paying an older probably no better Q B than he had -- Talk about desperation !

6 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Case's miraculous year with the Vikings had more to do with the athletic/ballerina like moves our receivers had then to catch uncatchable balls.

Case did have wonderful escape the pocket moves that extended drives every game, but i don't see that happening on your rough field.

I think we won the trade. Our bum is MUCH cheaper than your bum .. :D

19 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Did anyone else think, when you first heard this --that there goes our Supp#3 round draft pick ? I sure did . I was happy we didn't give up barely anything  and not much Cap Space either !  Elway may be dumber than Brice. Paying an older probably no better Q B than he had -- Talk about desperation !

I have been reading the Broncos forum and they seem to think its a very clever move by Elway to dump salary and cap hit as he save d them 10M in cap hit for a guy who cant play and even got a better draft pick in return. Remember in the NBA trams usually get a 2 to help a team dump salary cap and avoid luxury tax. I still think its a good move for us as it gives us another body at qb and we dont have to see Josh johnson or some other guy who has been bagging groceries under center.  

5 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

I have been reading the Broncos forum and they seem to think its a very clever move by Elway to dump salary and cap hit as he save d them 10M in cap hit for a guy who cant play and even got a better draft pick in return. Remember in the NBA trams usually get a 2 to help a team dump salary cap and avoid luxury tax. I still think its a good move for us as it gives us another body at qb and we dont have to see Josh johnson or some other guy who has been bagging groceries under center.  

Elway- Sure, capwise-great move . but has the team improved at all by flipping to an even older Q B . We'll see I guess. 

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

One thing I found out this week via Joel Corry.

The Redskins won't have to negotiate that at all. They can just do it and Smith cannot do anything about it

Reference?

Could still be after Rosen. The more I look at the trade I actually like it. For the fact that we really didn’t give up much at all and got a vet QB for 3.5 mil for one year who is good competition for colt. Also puts into perspective that we will carry 3 QBs this year with the last 1 being either a rookie or a Rosen trade

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

We're not expecting much, if anything at all.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wash, rinse and repeat. Keenum has sucked in the NFL w/o having the best tandem in the NFL to throw to and a good running game and an elite defense to back him up.

At least he can make it through a month starting in the NFL, which is more than Colt McCoy can say(*).

(*) Okay, yes, turtle, he started 8 and 13 games back in 2010 and 2011.

3 hours ago, vike daddy said:

All due respect, he played on our “rough field” with MIN and was absolutely brilliant against us. With lots of wonderful escape the pocket moves coming out his ears, as I recall, and clearly outdueling whoever our QB was at that time. 

I’m with you on the rest (Keenum’s “miracle” season very much appears to be a one-off, perfect storm type scenario), but I don’t see Fedex’s field as any major concern for him. He sure twirled a gem the only time he’s ever played there.

I’m done freaking out over this. We’re still getting Rosen or drafting a QB high. Keenum is here because we simply couldn’t go through the Sanchez situation and I don’t for one second believe Colts roster spot is guaranteed. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Reference?

I'd have to go listen to Al Galdi's show. I was only paying somewhat attention. But the gist I got in what I WAS paying attention to is that it's basically contract language that will actually put the player in default if they refuse to go along with the team redoing the contract in that fashion

Archived