Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

Steelers22

So reports are and first and foremost let's be real here many of them are coming from Ian Rapoport but there were multiple teams willing to give much more value than that however the reason trades with those teams didn't happen is because Antonio Brown is very adamant on getting a new contract that makes him the highest-paid wide receiver again. It has been suggested that the Oakland Raiders are going to do exactly that.

This further is my point that this absolutely no matter what needs to be Kevin kolberg final season as a general manager of the Pittsburgh Steelers no matter whether or not he hits on Blue Chip draft picks or not because both Le'Veon Bell and more importantly and by a much greater impact Antonio Brown completely made fools of this organization and Kevin Colbert. Kevin Colbert has completely lost his ability to control situations like this. There is no way you can spend this situation to suggest at the Pittsburgh Steelers won. Yes they are rid of Antonio Brown however they took a poor return hand and Antonio Brown is going to get exactly what he wants a team he apparently believes is capable of winning the Super Bowl even though they've got a really crappy team overall and he's going to get his money which is really the only thing he cares about his complete image is about money insane when he talked about not needing the game that is exactly what he was talking about he has money he only cares about money he's not interested in anything that doesn't involve him getting money. Kevin Colbert will never be able to take the upper hand about Le'Veon Bell or Antonio Brown situation again he didn't and wasn't able to in this situation and moving forward there's no reason for anyone any team or any player to attempt to meet the demands of Kevin Colbert. If he isn't capable of getting the best out of a situation for our team he should not be our general manager and the fact of the matter is he is no longer able. Not after this

Edited by wwhickok

33 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Players commenting on other players money

When did ben do that? Oh he didn’t? Okay, we are off to a great start pinning down how Ben pushed Bell AND brown out because of his leadership skills. 

Ben publicly let information meant to be kept behind closed doors out to the public

Was it really a secret Washington wasn’t playing well? 

He has to make it," Big Ben said Monday during his weekly appearance on 93.7 The Fan, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I just think he didn't trust his hands. For some reason, he jump/dove. I'm not really sure what he was doing. We look at it (on film), and coach got on him pretty good yesterday. We took a long, hard look at it. James needs to run through that, and it's a touchdown."

What a terrible, despicable thing to say. I’m sure Washington and his family were greatly offended. Ben should be ashamed of hi....oh, it’s really not that bad is it? To be asked a question about a player and answer it? maybe the media blew this one up? 

Im not a big fan of him naming names in the media, but please show me the countless other guys who have taken issue with this inside that locker room. 

Just that one guy? The guy who was doing whatever it took to get himself dealt or released for a new deal? Oh. Just him? 

Why are you disrespecting Bell while he's tryna do what he needs to do to get paid for his production?

Who’s doing that? You blamed Ben for Bell....I’m wondering in what world you made that connection, because it’s not this one. 

The rest of it is just jibberish in terms of leadership. If your going to claim that Ben is to blame for Bell and Brown no longer being on this team please have more to show for it. 

RB and WR want to leave the QB to me says its more than just money.

You’ll really have to explain his. Guys have left far greater scenarios for money. It’s kinda...a big deal to people. Bell has never said a negative thing about Roethlisberger or that he wanted out — he just wants money, but more specifically he wanted to be a FA so he could max his money. Really not sure how you are lumping Bell into this. And then your other evidence is the guy who was boardering on mental illness in his social media to get traded, but only accepting a trade to a team that would rework his deal and get him paid again....

I’m not Ben’s biggest fan in terms of the human being. I question his sincere dedication to this team. That’s my question of how you can claim to be the leader, but seemigly not putting yourself all in for the betterment of the team but rather what’s best for you. But this idea that his leadership has driven people away is asinine. We aren’t in the lockeroom. We have no idea how he does or does not motivate people behind closed doors. We don’t know the emotional connection players put towards Ben when he speaks. It’s just been the cheap buzzword for people to build their “case” against Ben or for Brown and, incorrectly, Bell on. 

Only one person has spoken out against Ben’s leadership being that players issue...and it’s the guy who clearly had an agenda. Maybe we shouldn’t take his word as gospel? 

21 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

When did ben do that? Oh he didn’t? Okay, we are off to a great start pinning down how Ben pushed Bell AND brown out because of his leadership skills. 

Was it really a secret Washington wasn’t playing well? 

He has to make it," Big Ben said Monday during his weekly appearance on 93.7 The Fan, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I just think he didn't trust his hands. For some reason, he jump/dove. I'm not really sure what he was doing. We look at it (on film), and coach got on him pretty good yesterday. We took a long, hard look at it. James needs to run through that, and it's a touchdown."

What a terrible, despicable thing to say. I’m sure Washington and his family were greatly offended. Ben should be ashamed of hi....oh, it’s really not that bad is it? To be asked a question about a player and answer it? maybe the media blew this one up? 

Im not a big fan of him naming names in the media, but please show me the countless other guys who have taken issue with this inside that locker room. 

Just that one guy? The guy who was doing whatever it took to get himself dealt or released for a new deal? Oh. Just him? 

Who’s doing that? You blamed Ben for Bell....I’m wondering in what world you made that connection, because it’s not this one. 

The rest of it is just jibberish in terms of leadership. If your going to claim that Ben is to blame for Bell and Brown no longer being on this team please have more to show for it. 

You’ll really have to explain his. Guys have left far greater scenarios for money. It’s kinda...a big deal to people. Bell has never said a negative thing about Roethlisberger or that he wanted out — he just wants money, but more specifically he wanted to be a FA so he could max his money. Really not sure how you are lumping Bell into this. And then your other evidence is the guy who was boardering on mental illness in his social media to get traded, but only accepting a trade to a team that would rework his deal and get him paid again....

I’m not Ben’s biggest fan in terms of the human being. I question his sincere dedication to this team. That’s my question of how you can claim to be the leader, but seemigly not putting yourself all in for the betterment of the team but rather what’s best for you. But this idea that his leadership has driven people away is asinine. We aren’t in the lockeroom. We have no idea how he does or does not motivate people behind closed doors. We don’t know the emotional connection players put towards Ben when he speaks. It’s just been the cheap buzzword for people to build their “case” against Ben or for Brown and, incorrectly, Bell on. 

Only one person has spoken out against Ben’s leadership being that players issue...and it’s the guy who clearly had an agenda. Maybe we shouldn’t take his word as gospel? 

But you'll take the word of the guy who was allowed to pay off sexual assault charges, Ok!

Brown got his money that he earned (6 straight seasons of 100 catches or more) and wasn't gonna be disrespected by the team, coach, or league. The leauge is nothing without Players and Ben career isnt the same without Bell and Brown plain and simple. They all put in the work and stats show that, but all the blame is on AB and Bell when they want thier Money they Earned just like the QB. The same one who publicly bashed the team when his possible replacement was drafted. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

But you'll take the word of the guy who was allowed to pay off sexual assault charges, Ok! 

your ignorance is bliss. keep digging your heels in on this entire situation but you are wrong. anyone that wants to believe that what just happened with brown and bell was about anything other than money is choosing ignorance. if your best reply to this argument is "bens a rapist" then just step away

17 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Take him at his word for......? 

18 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

They all put in the work and stats show that, but all the blame is on AB and Bell when they want thier Money they Earned just like the QB.

Put all the blame for.....? 

You are just saying things now. I have no idea what I have taken Ben at his word for. I have no clue what we are blaming AB and Bell for? 

No one blaming AB or Bell for wanting to get paid. I blame him for not being a grownup about the situation and just going straight to management so that his stock didn’t tank, but that’s another issue. 

But the narrative you are attempting to pull off is that Ben is the driving force behind two guys going away....and you just couldn’t be more off base. 

33 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I love that we are playing Oakland in that picture.

Not to be that guy, but that was the point.... And AB is looking on as JuJu scores.

Clearly, the locker room did NOT have his back. These guys saying AB was their guy were guys clearly trying to save face so they could still get value out of him.

Personally, I LOVE THIS DEAL. The problem is GONE. You still got basically a late 2nd value out of a guy who 2 days ago publicly stated he wouldn't go to another team after a deal was done.

SCREW. BROWN. We re-tool and move forward. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Just heard a report on Sirius NFL that it came out the Steelers had to advance AB money several times over the last 2 years. Sounds like AB isn’t really good at saving. Maybe one more reason it was all about the $$. Take it for what it’s worth....

Can you expand with who said it? What context?

24 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Take him at his word for......? 

Put all the blame for.....? 

You are just saying things now. I have no idea what I have taken Ben at his word for. I have no clue what we are blaming AB and Bell for? 

No one blaming AB or Bell for wanting to get paid. I blame him for not being a grownup about the situation and just going straight to management so that his stock didn’t tank, but that’s another issue. 

But the narrative you are attempting to pull off is that Ben is the driving force behind two guys going away....and you just couldn’t be more off base. 

Being disrespected by management and teammates played a part in this as well. Ben being one of those teammates who Brown felt disrespected by. Had Ben had better leadership and Communciation skills I don't see Bell and Brown not still Steelers is my point. You and others can disagree but I stand by that. 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Being disrespected by management and teammates played a part in this as well. Ben being one of those teammates who Brown felt disrespected by. Had Ben had better leadership and Communciation skills I don't see Bell and Brown not still Steelers is my point. You and others can disagree but I stand by that. 

Bell and Brown aren’t on the Steelers because of money. 

Plain and simple. 

All the other stuff is to distract you from the fact that they want more money. 

• Like 3