Steelers22

Antonio Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th

also seen some people say fans are being "pro" owners. I don't think thats the case. the most hated guy in Pittsburgh besides AB right now is bob nutting.. a owner. why is he so hated? he won't put money into the team .. u know.. by giving more money to the players... MLB and NFL have different rules, and fans will favor the ways that will help the team win. I've yet to see any of these national pundits put DeMaurice Smith and the NFL union on blast for agreeing to this "unjust" landscape

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

also seen some people say fans are being "pro" owners. I don't think thats the case. the most hated guy in Pittsburgh besides AB right now is bob nutting.. a owner. why is he so hated? he won't put money into the team .. u know.. by giving more money to the players... MLB and NFL have different rules, and fans will favor the ways that will help the team win. I've yet to see any of these national pundits put DeMaurice Smith and the NFL union on blast for agreeing to this "unjust" landscape

If anything, what AB did just makes it more difficult for players to get fully guaranteed contracts, which hurts the players in general. A contract with less guarantees allows for less of a penalty to the team when a player decides they are going the tantrum route out of town. If you make the contracts guaranteed, there is not much to stop a player like AB from doing this basically every year. Sign 3-5 year guaranteed deal, play a year, complain that you aren't getting paid enough (surprise, your salary is 0 because you took the "lump sum"), cause enough problems until either your team gives more money or until they trade you to a team that will, sign new guaranteed contract, etc.

I am just glad this is over with. It was not going to end well either way.  Very hurt as this was probably my favorite Steeler prior to this year and all of the embarrassing drama. The team will have some short term pain in getting less than they wanted in draft picks, but long term term gain in getting rid of a player who created pure hell and embarrassment for this team. Now we see why the team did not want to guarantee a lot of money with Bell.  I wonder what happened to the humble hard working kid from 2011 who raised his game and got better every year since? Arguably the second best 6th round pick in modern draft history to Tom Brady.

Brown's situation is extremely disappointing because the team invested so much in him financially and other.  When he acted up or had problems, they backed him.  It is shameful how he treated Coach T and Mr. Rooney.  My respect level would still be there had AB conducted himself as a professional and with respect. I feel the same way about Deebo.  You have a veteran who fell asleep in meetings. He's another guy who is a fringe HOF type player and former NFL DPOY!

A guy with HOF stats and a HOF wok ethic, but a disrespectful, selfish, childish and egotistical demeanor.  He may have won the battle today, but let's see what he does on the field and in the locker room when adversity hits.  I will be very surprised if he makes it three years in Oakland/Vegas. Large salary, large ego, diva like attitude does not endear others.

This team has been lacking true team Captains/leaders.  We once laughed at the Browns and Bengals for acquiring trouble makers and we never realized that we had our own.  As much as Steeler Nation dislikes Pac Man and Vontez, I don't recall ever hearing them disrespect/bad mouth the owner or HC. We are at the lowest point since prior to Chuck Noll's arrival more than 50 years ago. The good news is we have no where to go, but up.