Free Agency Thread

Billsfaninptown

for those who wanted bell here is an fyi he will not sign with his new team tonight now that Odel Beckham was traded and doesnt want to do it while media is discussing beckham and wouldnt talk much about bell. So he wants the spotlight as much as possible is that something you really want in buffalo?

Just now, soflbillsfan said:

for those who wanted bell here is an fyi he will not sign with his new team tonight now that Odel Beckham was traded and doesnt want to do it while media is discussing beckham and wouldnt talk much about bell. So he wants the spotlight as much as possible is that something you really want in buffalo?

I don't GAF how much spotlight he wwants or any of that dumb media crap.

Is he a great RB, if so then I want him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I don't GAF how much spotlight he wwants or any of that dumb media crap.

Is he a great RB, if so then I want him.

RBs are a dime a dozen, it is known

Don't waste the money on the most expensive one in the league... let alone one who is a nightmare on top of it..

Bell signing with the Jets for 4 years with max value of $62m through incentives. Hes taking less money annually but getting $35m guaranteed. IMO, probably would've gotten the same deal whether he played or not last season. NYJ sounds like they were the only bidders.

Edited by DER10N92

We're sitting at 45 mil in remaining space according to spotrac right now. They don't have Kevin Johnson's number up yet, but i'll guess it's around 5 million.

Means we have plenty of cash left to throw at Daryl Williams and/or Ziggy Ansah.

Daryl Williams – 4 years, 52 mil ; AAV of 13mil – (what Ju'Wuan James was given)

Ziggy Ansah – 1 year, 14 mil (roughly what spotrac put as his market value)

Draft Ed Oliver at 9.

TE at 40.

Boom. Championship.

19 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

We're sitting at 45 mil in remaining space according to spotrac right now. They don't have Kevin Johnson's number up yet, but i'll guess it's around 5 million.

Means we have plenty of cash left to throw at Daryl Williams and/or Ziggy Ansah.

Daryl Williams – 4 years, 52 mil ; AAV of 13mil – (what Ju'Wuan James was given)

Ziggy Ansah – 1 year, 14 mil (roughly what spotrac put as his market value)

Draft Ed Oliver at 9.

TE at 40.

Boom. Championship.

Still don’t like our skill position players that much lol. We need a dynamic game changer 

58 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Still don’t like our skill position players that much lol. We need a dynamic game changer 

Nobody out there worth paying tbh. Draft wise we could get one but Ed Oliver >>> 

I've said it before, and I know many aren't that patient, but 2020 is LOADED with playmakers. This year is d-line heavy with talent, and we should capitalize on it.

Next year we're looking at several RBs and WRs that can be elite. Tee Higgins, Travis Etienne, Jerry Jeudy, Jonathan Taylor, Ceedee Lamb... just to name a few. 

It's all about the PROCESS!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Who would you say are the top 5 skill players in the NFL? Odel, AB, Bell, Gurley, Elliot? Maybe throw in Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins.. Now how many rings they got? Before you rip me a new one by telling me that it doesnt mean much. Im just trying to say that teams do win without having a top tier weapon on offense. Yes it is definitely nice to have an all star player but it doesnt necessarily mean they will be champions. I think coaching, cohesiveness and players who excel at particular spots can bring a championship without going nuts on a top talent like AB, Bell and OBJ, not to mention the circus they bring with them. Im not saying dont go try to get AJ or Julio because Im all about it but I dont think we should stress out by not having one. I was getting worked up in the first several hours of free agency on monday because it didnt seem like they were making moves but after the last 48-72 hours i think Beane has done a terrific job of making the team overall better without actually landing a superstar.

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Who would you say are the top 5 skill players in the NFL? Odel, AB, Bell, Gurley, Elliot? Maybe throw in Julio, AJ Green, Hopkins.. Now how many rings they got? Before you rip me a new one by telling me that it doesnt mean much. Im just trying to say that teams do win without having a top tier weapon on offense. Yes it is definitely nice to have an all star player but it doesnt necessarily mean they will be champions. I think coaching, cohesiveness and players who excel at particular spots can bring a championship without going nuts on a top talent like AB, Bell and OBJ, not to mention the circus they bring with them. Im not saying dont go try to get AJ or Julio because Im all about it but I dont think we should stress out by not having one. I was getting worked up in the first several hours of free agency on monday because it didnt seem like they were making moves but after the last 48-72 hours i think Beane has done a terrific job of making the team overall better without actually landing a superstar.

We don’t need a superstar. Yes it’d be nice, but we need a game changing talent since Josh obviously isn’t there yet. We don’t need elite elite talent but a top tier running game would be nice, sorry I’m not trusting two 30+ year old running backs to carry us, one that’s closer to 40 than 30. I just feel there’s still too much pressure on Josh. No one we’ve gotten really is a game breaker where opposing defenses have to key in on them. That’s what I’m saying.  

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We don’t need a superstar. Yes it’d be nice, but we need a game changing talent since Josh obviously isn’t there yet. We don’t need elite elite talent but a top tier running game would be nice, sorry I’m not trusting two 30+ year old running backs to carry us, one that’s closer to 40 than 30. I just feel there’s still too much pressure on Josh. No one we’ve gotten really is a game breaker where opposing defenses have to key in on them. That’s what I’m saying.  

well free agency has yet to officially start and the draft is 45 days away so things could change but i think they got some solid contributors that will help Josh. Gore may be 36 but he was averaging 4.6 yds per carry, upgraded oline will put shady back in the swing of things. Beasley is a safety net on quick routes that Dak took advantage of in Dallas, then Brown who was having a solid season before Flacco got hurt and Lamar started playing which changed the dynamic of the offense and Brown became useless as he was a deep threat and lamar barely went deep. Josh goes deep a lot so brown and foster can be big targets for him. I think a TE if White or Oliver are not available at 9 could be a huge get. May not be ideal that early but it could be another safety net for Josh particularly in the red zone along with kroft who had some good plays with bengals before getting hurt last year.

54 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Nobody out there worth paying tbh. Draft wise we could get one but Ed Oliver >>> 

I've said it before, and I know many aren't that patient, but 2020 is LOADED with playmakers. This year is d-line heavy with talent, and we should capitalize on it.

Next year we're looking at several RBs and WRs that can be elite. Tee Higgins, Travis Etienne, Jerry Jeudy, Jonathan Taylor, Ceedee Lamb... just to name a few. 

It's all about the PROCESS!

This is how I am feeling too. We can't fix everything in one off-season (not suggesting that was what bigbadbuff23835 was saying) and Beane clearly wants to build inside out.

Last year he got us our leader on O and D for the next decade and then this season is all about protecting those assets. 

33 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Hopefully thats where a TE comes into play. Whether its Kroft or Croom or a rookie, someone who can be Mr. Reliable. I think Beasley fits this mold as well. 

Zay Jones going into year 3 could be something special and Foster has spent the off-season training in Buffalo and is going to California to work with Josh Allen tomorrow. Maybe he takes another big step too.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is how I am feeling too. We can't fix everything in one off-season (not suggesting that was what bigbadbuff23835 was saying) and Beane clearly wants to build inside out.

Last year he got us our leader on O and D for the next decade and then this season is all about protecting those assets. 

I’m with ya, but then i look at the Browns and i wanna be doing what they are.

Legit cannot believe i just said that.

• Like 1