Landon Collins to Washington

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, lavar703 said:
10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This is a pretty bad contract.  Vaccaro is probably a replacement level player.  

Vacarro sucks. 

Also, Vacarro's contract is half of the AAV and less than a third of the guarantees that Collins got.

One of my Giants coworkers pointed out New Orleans benched Vacarro because they had other options. The Giants didn't bench Collins because they didn't have any other options.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Also, Vacarro's contract is half of the AAV and less than a third of the guarantees that Collins got.

One of my Giants coworkers pointed out New Orleans benched Vacarro because they had other options. The Giants didn't bench Collins because they didn't have any other options.

The Giants were never going to bench Collins. Again, comparing him and Vacarro is absurd. They’re not even remotely the same level of talent. And the Saints benched Vacarro because he was god awful for them. 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

The Giants were never going to bench Collins. Again, comparing him and Vacarro is absurd. They’re not even remotely the same level of talent. And the Saints benched Vacarro because he was god awful for them. 

I agree that Vacarro sucks, but he's also not getting paid like a QB (which Collins is).

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I agree that Vacarro sucks, but he's also not getting paid like a QB (which Collins is).

Collins isn’t getting paid like a QB though lol. Nick Foles sucks and just got $88M for 4 years. And yes, outside of one odd ball season and a miracle playoff run, Foles has not been good. 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/ 

He's in the Tyrod/Foles range for last year, but ya QB money.

So a top-flight safety for the price of a crappy QB...not bad. And yes, I do believe they went above market value but I think Landon will prove worth it. I hate this front office with every fiber of my being but I think they got this one right. Along with letting Crowder, who seems to either be hurt or fumbling and Preston Smith walk. 

Ultimately I could be wrong but I think Collins will be great for us. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

So a top-flight safety for the price of a crappy QB...not bad. And yes, I do believe they went above market value but I think Landon will prove worth it. I hate this front office with every fiber of my being but I think they got this one right. Along with letting Crowder, who seems to either be hurt or fumbling and Preston Smith walk. 

Ultimately I could be wrong but I think Collins will be great for us. 

Great for us in what capacity?  You know we're going to suck regardless this year right?  Holding this cap for when we are relevant again was probably the smarter move.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Great for us in what capacity?  You know we're going to suck regardless this year right?  Holding this cap for when we are relevant again was probably the smarter move.

If we’re holding cap space for when we’re relevant again we won’t ever be spending it lol

This move sucks because 1) The contract is too big and too long. When has that worked out? 2) It reeks of desperation from Gruden and Allen. They are killing the cap so they can save their jobs 3) And most importantly, we lose out on a good comp pick from both Jamison Crowder/Preston Smith.

Edited by taylor made

Just now, taylor made said:

This move sucks because 1) The contract is too big and too long. When has that worked out? 2) It reeks of desperation from Gruden and Allen. They are killing are cap so they can save their jobs 3) And most importantly, we lose out on a good comp pick from both Jamison Crowder/Preston Smith.

It should only cancel out one of the deals. Whichever is the highest I believe but @Wozwould know that a lot better than me.

Look, I could be completely wrong on this and Collins could be average or he could suck but I absolutely believe we just got a game-changer in our secondary. The draft rolls around and you get someone like Brian Burns coming off the edge and say you make the deal for Rosen. Suddenly the team is younger and has a much brighter outlook. Odds are everyone will get hurt and we’ll suck but that’s just because that’s what always happens to us lol

• Like 1