2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

Cook never made me think he was a Raider for life. Guy always chases the highest bidder/best team scenario. I think he came to us for the money and to prove he was a good tight end to try for one last big check. Just my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Cook never made me think he was a Raider for life. Guy always chases the highest bidder/best team scenario. I think he came to us for the money and to prove he was a good tight end to try for one last big check. Just my opinion. 

Cook was 4th in receiving yards and TDs for TE last season and will be 32 with next season starts. He wants a chance to compete for a Super Bowl before he hangs it up. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

should of franchised him and got a pick for him

Well i doubt a team would trade for a guy that is being paid as a top player at his position at the age he’s in. The Raiders got slammed for trading for one of the best WRs in NFL history, no way would a team trade for an above average TE. If they don’t trade then the Raiders are on the hook for that money. Bad idea, the Raiders are better off getting younger in a great TE draft. 

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

should of franchised him and got a pick for him

Somebody check me if I’m wrong. I believe it’s 2 first round picks to sign a franchised player. The Raiders were not going to pay Cook franchised player money and no team would give 2 first round picks to sign him because he’s  not worth the money or pick compensation.