2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

I met Burfict when he was at ASU and knew people that were around him in his college days and always came off as a good person. Obviously made some dirty plays, but I think if the Raiders can sign him to play OLB and Marshall to play  MLB. The Raiders could do a lot worse than that. I remember watching Marshall play during the year they went to the SB and man he flew all around the field. 

Wonder if there is something with Zach Brown that the Raiders just dont like. 

56 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just a matter of time before we sign 1-2 LB'ers. I'd prefer Lynch and Brown, but I bet we get Burfict and Marshall. 

No need for both Burfict and Marshall, get one and look to get a long term replacement in the draft. 

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I met Burfict when he was at ASU and knew people that were around him in his college days and always came off as a good person. Obviously made some dirty plays, but I think if the Raiders can sign him to play OLB and Marshall to play  MLB. The Raiders could do a lot worse than that. I remember watching Marshall play during the year they went to the SB and man he flew all around the field. 

Wonder if there is something with Zach Brown that the Raiders just dont like. 

It's really just his style of play. In the 80s and 90s, people would have loved him. 

Today's NFL is so PC. Just not what used to me. And don't get me started on the NBA. A guy like Charles Barkley would be hated beyond belief in today's nba.

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Football is a business and the bottom line is winning. If he improves our on the field play and we can land him on a fair deal I’m all for it. 

Youre a raider fan, a team that is historically dirty and known for signing mercenaries to try to win games. VB plays the game hard and would be an upgrade over what we have in the roster.  

He plays hard on the field. Teams have signed players who have done much worse than VB. Hunt and Hill to make a few... 

VB is coming off his worst season which included a 4 game ped suspension and hip injury. He played with wild abandon trying to hurt AB and ended up knocking out his own teammate a la Ray-Ray, He got fined another 100k for hits to AB and Connor the next game vs Pitt. All the Bengals fans say he lost more than a step. This from a guy that ran the slowest time of all LBs in the combine. And he has had multiple knee injuries and surgeries in his career.

What exactly makes you think he is better than Whitehead, Lee, Cabinda or Morrow at this point?

And by better I mean in any and every sense besides name recognition.

Stat comparison

http://pfref.com/pi/share/aZtFa

PFF grades

Burfict - 47.9

Lee - 62.5

Whitehead - 56.3

Morrow - 51.5

Cabinda - 73.5

But hey, he plays hard and teams have done worst so let's sign him up. /s

Rather sign someone else or draft someone than. I'd roll with what we have before I gave this dude any of our cap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

VB is coming off his worst season which included a 4 game ped suspension and hip injury. He played with wild abandon trying to hurt AB and ended up knocking out his own teammate a la Ray-Ray, He got fined another 100k for hits to AB and Connor the next game vs Pitt. All the Bengals fans say he lost more than a step. This from a guy that ran the slowest time of all LBs in the combine. And he has had multiple knee injuries and surgeries in his career.

What exactly makes you think he is better than Whitehead, Lee, Cabinda or Morrow at this point?

And by better I mean in any and every sense besides name recognition.

Stat comparison

http://pfref.com/pi/share/aZtFa

PFF grades

Burfict - 47.9

Lee - 62.5

Whitehead - 56.3

Morrow - 51.5

Cabinda - 73.5

But hey, he plays hard and teams have done worst so let's sign him up. /s

Rather sign someone else or draft someone than. I'd roll with what we have before I gave this dude any of our cap.

You clearly have some hate for Burfict. 

I'm not saying to back in the Brinks truck for the guy but sign him to a 1 year prove it deal.  He was clearly playing hurt last year, he is 28 and in 2016 had over 100 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 picks.  If he can shake the injuries and come back 100 percent he is an upgrade over what we have and if not or if he acts up cut bait. 

None of the LB's on this team are close to a healthy VB and we need competition in an area of weakness.  

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

One down year does not make a career. He has talent, And it's clear He wasn't Himself last year in Austin system. Reported players were not interested in his defense, and were not playing hard.

PG Has shownHe can get the most out of him, That to me outweighs Anything that happened last year I bad Cincinnati team.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You clearly have some hate for Burfict. 

I'm not saying to back in the Brinks truck for the guy but sign him to a 1 year prove it deal.  He was clearly playing hurt last year, he is 28 and in 2016 had over 100 tackles, 2 sacks and 2 picks.  If he can shake the injuries and come back 100 percent he is an upgrade over what we have and if not or if he acts up cut bait. 

None of the LB's on this team are close to a healthy VB and we need competition in an area of weakness.  

I have strong dislike for bad people and I don't think they should get unlimited chances to proven who they are. I don't hate anyone.

Burfict is a bad person from the countless examples of his actions we know about.

How many times does he have to prove that before people stop passing the buck?

I know you weren't saying to back the truck up. You said that in your previous post. I was saying I don't want to spend $1 on him. He wasn't hurt the whole year but he was on PEDs. Even before the hip injury he was playing poorly. So even preinjury and juicing he was poor. Maybe he was better than all our current guys 2 years ago but it's definitely debatable now seeing as we don't and won't know the kind of shape he is in. But that is besides the point because he isn't the only LB out there and we shouldn't buy bruised bananas when there are much better ones on the shelf (Bynes, Brown, Teo) and plenty on the tree ready to pick (draft).

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

One down year does not make a career. He has talent, And it's clear He wasn't Himself last year in Austin system. Reported players were not interested in his defense, and were not playing hard.

PG Has shownHe can get the most out of him, That to me outweighs Anything that happened last year I bad Cincinnati team.

What does it say about a guy that "isn't interested" in doing his job that he is paid millions of dollars to do?

Ok he didn't like the system didn't like the system...

Did that make him juice? Did that make him CONTINUE to be an ahole on the field?

NO. Get out of here with these excuses.

Would you accept this stuff from someone you worked with?

Just amazing you guys are lining up to defend this guy. Does he have pictures of you all buying drugs from him or something?

What is going on? You know there are other LBs out there right?