2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Somebody check me if I’m wrong. I believe it’s 2 first round picks to sign a franchised player. The Raiders were not going to pay Cook franchised player money and no team would give 2 first round picks to sign him because he’s  not worth the money or pick compensation.

He would get paid over 10 million and you could trade him for anything I think. But I don't think anyone would trade for him with that price. 

I agree in letting him walk. 

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Cook never made me think he was a Raider for life. Guy always chases the highest bidder/best team scenario. I think he came to us for the money and to prove he was a good tight end to try for one last big check. Just my opinion. 

So it's his fault that the team didn't want to re-sign him?

8 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Sort of, I think the team had a particular price in their head and wanted to stay there. I think that Cook wanted money and a chance to compete for a Super Bowl. Keep in mind he’s a older guy so he might not have much longer on getting to a Super Bowl. So i would say it was Cooks choice to go to NO and i don’t fault him. 

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would have definitely gotten in on this for that price...

Prime example for me.

A lot of guys say, "why didn't we sign him for that?".  Maybe we reached out and there was no interest on said players part, just one thing that guys seem to forget.  It may be as simple as a guy wanting to stay on the East coast because that's closer to home.

Not everyone wants to play for just any team or in any city. Especially if the money is the same.

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Not saying that at all.  I just don't think he was ever really concerned with integrating into the Raider nation.  He was just a player who wanted to do well in terms of production and pay.  You get these other players like D. Penn who was raised a fan and players like M. Lynch who just epitomize the Raider nation mentality and you can tell the difference between their appreciation for our team compared to other players.  I hate that M. Lynch wasn't able to enjoy more wins, him getting down in the coliseum every week would have been a blast if we found a way to win 10 games and hit the playoffs.  A. Cooper is another example, you could tell he wasn't ever really concerned with being a part of our team.  He was more concerned with his personal stats and is probably more concerned with the HoF and winning a championship.  Never about making our team look good, just himself.  

So it's not his fault, he just isn't the type of player to sign with another team and make a statement like "once a Raider, always a Raider". Some players do that, and I appreciate it when they do. 

Edited by Jerry

Robert Quinn is an interesting name, there's been some rumours the Dolphins are going to cut him to save cap......... 

Apart from him Chris Long would be a reasonable pickup, not sure how much Houston or Ansah would be after but i can't imagine they'd be cheap.