Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

And I think this is completely reasonable. Don't start popping the champaign just yet, the AFC has some scary units out there (Colts, Chiefs, Chargers, Patriots, Texans, Ravens) and there's always a team that has the collective light bulb turn on and massively overperforms (looking at you Jacksonville, NYJ, Tennessee). 

The Browns are probably the favorite to win the AFCN (Baltimore is going to be a challenge, though). That could lead to a #3 or #4 seed and a date against a white hot wild card team that just found its groove and waiting to pull out the upset, a team that is in "every game is a playoff game" mode since week 10. You don't want to play that team, at all. (It's literally what happened to Houston and Baltimore this post season - they ran into a buzzsaw with Indy and LAR. It happens, quite a lot).

So, let's hold off on the parade. I'm INCREDIBLY happy for the Browns, us Texans fans are kindred spirits in many ways - but tempering expectations is always a prudent step, means you'll be pleasantly surprised in some capacity.

yeah, respectfully, f that

im gonna get excited and dream about the world right now.  weve been so bad for so long and we got a qb and a top 2 receiver.  we got 2 top 10 running backs, majority of our line coming back that let up very few pressures since kitchens took over the offense and robinson stepped into the starting role.  kitchens' staff is phenomenal and our DL got a major major major upgrade.  its the offseason.  why not dream big now

9 hours ago, showtime said:

That's my whole point.  This team went from being the worst team in the league, to having promise and developing young players with a lot of potential and now they're 5th best odds to win the SB.

That's a massive jump in expectations very fast.

I really like what the Browns have done and I'm wishing them the best.  I'm just saying this seems really similar to the Los Angeles Lakers.

or the Los Angeles Rams

31 minutes ago, mistakey said:

uh.  did you watch the 2nd half of the season?  

I understand there were zero expectations in that 2nd half. The game changes when there are expectations - unless you're Bill Belicheck and Tom Brady.

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I understand there were zero expectations in that 2nd half. The game changes when there are expectations - unless you're Bill Belicheck and Tom Brady.

My question was, did you watch his game planning?

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

My question was, did you watch his game planning?

Not really, but it's irrelevant. He might have a great game plan going into games where you're playing for pride, but games where a playoff berth is on the line? Games where a division is on the line? Games where you're in a "win or go home" scenario? Game plan (perhaps better stated, in game adjustments) will be under intense scrutiny. You can take chances when nothing is on the line, but if something is on the line, the pressure is exponentially greater.

Nobody knows how Kitchens and his staff will respond to such moments. And it's THOSE moments that dictate the destiny of a franchise.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But as we all know he recovered quite nicely....

NiceVelvetyCavy-size_restricted.gifChubb-td2.gif

Chubb-td1-1.gif

As did Gurley after his ACL tear at Georgia - until this past postseason. 

Again, all it takes is one hit.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not really, but it's irrelevant. He might have a great game plan going into games where you're playing for pride, but games where a playoff berth is on the line? Games where a division is on the line? Games where you're in a "win or go home" scenario? Game plan (perhaps better stated, in game adjustments) will be under intense scrutiny. You can take chances when nothing is on the line, but if something is on the line, the pressure is exponentially greater.

Nobody knows how Kitchens and his staff will respond to such moments. And it's THOSE moments that dictate the destiny of a franchise.

It’s not irrelevant.  The browns had the best yards per play in the 2nd half of the season and he had baker playing mvp level. 

Youre right.  No one knows.  What I do know is that this team loves Freddie kitchens because he’s f’n contagious.  He treats people right.  Realizes this is more than a game it’s people.  He’s an actual leader.  You can be skeptical.  You can underestimate.  I believe and most importantly John Dorsey did and I trust the hell out of him

Just now, MSURacerDT55 said:

Osteoarthritis is a different story....

I know, I have it in my left knee. It's pain management at that point vs any structural compromise. 

I don't know what's going to happen with Chubb, but it doesn't take much for anyone who plays football.

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I know, I have it in my left knee. It's pain management at that point vs any structural compromise. 

I don't know what's going to happen with Chubb, but it doesn't take much for anyone who plays football.

starting to border on a LT is overrated cause he might get injured argument

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

It’s not irrelevant.  The browns had the best yards per play in the 2nd half of the season and he had baker playing mvp level. 

...once again, when there is zero expectation on either side. Kitchens can dial up exotic route schemes, roll the pocket in unique ways, run various option routes, throw low percentage downfield plays; If they hit, great. If they didn't, nobody is flinching because it isn't like that one play is the difference between making the playoffs or not. That's basically human nature - you can throw your chips to the pile when they're worth nothing, but when you're playing high stakes, you're much more reluctant to push your chips in when they're worth $100 each.

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Youre right.  No one knows.  What I do know is that this team loves Freddie kitchens because he’s f’n contagious.  He treats people right.  Realizes this is more than a game it’s people.  He’s an actual leader.  You can be skeptical.  You can underestimate.  I believe and most importantly John Dorsey did and I trust the hell out of him

I'm glad you feel this way - I once felt this way about Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips. They took the team from an 8-8 rut into a nice little run with a few guys who worked well in their systems. It didn't pan out, because in pressure moments... the team didn't perform when needed. Or they ran into the Patriots.

We'll see how it plays out, I guess.

Archived