Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

Just now, Don Roshi said:

A lot of things were changed during the season. That stretch of games were when he had stability for the first time.

That's great and all. There is truth to that, but when you want to pick a stretch of games instead of the whole season, people are going to look at the quality of opponents. It's relevant.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I said in the discussion.

He had the second highest passing DVOA in the league the last half the year IIRC behind Mahomes, the MVP.  I think that puts his play as being able to be described as “MVP level”. 

Just my opinion.

Not saying I don't believe you, but I'm curious if you have a source for this? 

I know he had the second-highest DVOA for November (when they only played 3 games due to bye week and was, coincidentally, his best 3 game stretch of the year). 

Just now, buno67 said:

Talking about Jesus’ record vs the Romans? We know Baker would have dropped 50 on the Romans. Where do you think the term cross-ing route originated from? 

1-15 now. Baker breaks his throwing hand when he punches Odell in the jaw and goes on IR. Unrelated, Odell misses the season when his jaw is broken by Baker in a separate incident the following day.

Hue Jackson buys the team from Jimmy Haslem for a Monopoly "Get out of Jail free" card (Haslem might need a few and Hue made photocopies of some while cheating his grandkids in their last game of Monopoly) and Hue immediately names himself HC/GM/starting QB/backup ILB. Ravens re-sign Jamal Lewis for two weeks, and get rushes for 2,423 yards in two games (and comes in 2nd to Derrius Guice for the league rushing title, as Guice rushes for 273,721 yards next season). 

Myles Garrett legally changes his name to Myles Nueve Cinco, and joins his "brother from another mother" Chad Ocho Cinco to play soccer.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's great and all. There is truth to that, but when you want to pick a stretch of games instead of the whole season, people are going to look at the quality of opponents. It's relevant.

Well time can't pass fast enough. All we have to go on is that stretch of games.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m sure you were the voice of reason re: Wentz last year, amirite?

Pretty sure I've been saying since 2017, that Wentz is top, with potential to climb higher. Mind you that was after his Sophomore season. It's far more often we see fluky Rookie season's than fluky sophomore seasons.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

When you try to pump a guy up using a stretch of game instead of the season as a whole, it's significant if his strong stretch largely came against bad defenses/teams.

You really can’t use the entire season to pump the guy up tho or to harp on his play. 

Literally the HC and OC were fired and had to take on a new HC and new OC. No one is cherry picking the last half of the season mainly because he played well but mainly that’s his future be cause freddie is now the new HC and full time play caller. 

No one gives him credit or benefit of the doh t dealing with those two asshats in Hue and Haley, so browns fans and Baker fans are going to focus on that 2nd half. 

Also thats why fans are so Optimistic, Baker literally survives the venom of Hue and Haley and could of fallen to the same ole browns. New year same franchise. 

The dude came throught it and set the rookie Passing TD record in 13.5 games. 

Yeah he is a rookie and expectation should to be tamed down but Baker did things you don’t normally see from a rookie, especially in the situation he was in and what he had to deal with early on. 

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Pretty sure I've been saying since 2017, that Wentz is top, with potential to climb higher. Mind you that was after his Sophomore season. It's far more often we see fluky Rookie season's than fluky sophomore seasons.

I really like Wentz. I just have doubts about his ability to stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Not saying I don't believe you, but I'm curious if you have a source for this? 

I know he had the second-highest DVOA for November (when they only played 3 games due to bye week and was, coincidentally, his best 3 game stretch of the year). 

I can’t find it now, but it’s obviously from footballoutsiders.

The article was after week 15 iirc, but I’m assuming his second Bengals game performance and hanging 376 3/3 on the Ravens couldn’t have changed things too much.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

But what was so fluky about Baker tho? You usually see fluky seasons being built on a gimmick. Like running an option attack (RGIII, Vince Young, and soon to be Lamar). Browns didn’t run some extremely watered down offensive system. 

4 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Well time can't pass fast enough. All we have to go on is that stretch of games.

Which means people will rightfully point out that while his production is good, it came against weaker opposition.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You really can’t use the entire season to pump the guy up tho or to harp on his play. 

Literally the HC and OC were fired and had to take on a new HC and new OC. No one is cherry picking the last half of the season mainly because he played well but mainly that’s his future be cause freddie is now the new HC and full time play caller. 

No one gives him credit or benefit of the doh t dealing with those two asshats in Hue and Haley, so browns fans and Baker fans are going to focus on that 2nd half. 

Also thats why fans are so Optimistic, Baker literally survives the venom of Hue and Haley and could of fallen to the same ole browns. New year same franchise. 

The dude came throught it and set the rookie Passing TD record in 13.5 games. 

Yeah he is a rookie and expectation should to be tamed down but Baker did things you don’t normally see from a rookie, especially in the situation he was in and what he had to deal with early on. 

That's great. Baker is a promising kid. I've pushed the kid as legit since his college days. But when people are claiming he was playing at a MVP level, there's going to be pushback.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Which means people will rightfully point out that while his production is good, it came against weaker opposition.

That's great. Baker is a promising kid. I've pushed the kid as legit since his college days. But when people are claiming he was playing at a MVP level, there's going to be pushback.

Just curious, but how many Browns games did you watch this season?

Archived