Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

he went    19td 8int             8.57 YPA               68.44%      in the last 8 games...

My bad I read PFR Rk as Week 8, but I would argue 19/8 still not mvp numbers

17 minutes ago, Soggust said:

My bad I read PFR Rk as Week 8, but I would argue 19/8 still not mvp numbers

Agree. Plus, when I ran his numbers based on his opponent quality, they were inflated by playing weaker teams and weak defenses.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

Baker is a very promising young QB, but stop treating him like the 2nd coming of Jesus for a... 7? game sample size?

2nd coming... he would surpass Jesus.

jesus turned water into wine, Baker F’ing Mayfield turned the browns into Super Bowl contenders.

That’s a bigger miracle if you ask me!

jesue would be calling Baker the holy father!!!

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Agree. Plus, when I ran his numbers based on his opponent quality, they were inflated by playing weaker teams and weak defenses.

Oh so the browns were the only team to face some weaker teams and weaker defense...ah man sucks for them. Obvious the browns had one of the easier SOS in the league last year, right?

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

2nd coming... he would surpass Jesus.

jesus turned water into wine, Baker F’ing Mayfield turned the browns into Super Bowl contenders.

That’s a bigger miracle if you ask me!

jesue would be calling Baker the holy father!!!

...yup. 2-14.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Baker is a very promising young QB, but stop treating him like the 2nd coming of Jesus for a... 7? game sample size?

I mean, maybe we’re wrong....

How much time does it take to determine if someone is legit?  8 games isn’t enough obviously, how about 16?  Have we really seen enough of Mahomes to say he’s legit?    I think so.

If Baker was running a gimmicky offense that had questionable sustainability, I’d be skeptical too.  But it wasn’t.  If it was smoke and mirrors, I’d get it.  If it were garbage stats in blowout losses, I’d get it.  If he’s started out hot and regressed as teams got more tape, I’d get it. Etc, etc, etc., but none of that happened.

Reading defenses and big time throws.  That’s a sustainable formula.  Especially with a better supporting cast.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Oh so the browns were the only team to face some weaker teams and weaker defense...ah man sucks for them. Obvious the browns had one of the easier SOS in the league last year, right?

When you try to pump a guy up using a stretch of game instead of the season as a whole, it's significant if his strong stretch largely came against bad defenses/teams.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, maybe we’re wrong....

How much time does it take to determine if someone is legit?  8 games isn’t enough obviously, how about 16?  Have we really seen enough of Mahomes to say he’s legit?    I think so.

If Baker was running a gimmicky offense that had questionable sustainability, I’d be skeptical too.  But it wasn’t.  If it was smoke and mirrors, I’d get it.  If it were garbage stats in blowout losses, I’d get it.  If he’s started out hot and regressed as teams got more tape, I’d get it. Etc, etc, etc., but none of that happened.

Reading defenses and big time throws.  That’s a sustainable formula.  Especially with a better supporting cast.

Browns Fans 2017 after 12.5 good games - "Carson Wentz hasn't played enough to say if he's legit"
Browns Fans 2018 after 8 good games - "Baker da gawd"

Just now, jrry32 said:

When you try to pump a guy up using a stretch of game instead of the season as a whole, it's significant if his strong stretch largely came against bad defenses/teams.

A lot of things were changed during the season. That stretch of games were when he had stability for the first time.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What has been removed is Hue. 

Give Mahomes him as HC and see how well he does. 

Archived