Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

12 minutes ago, mistakey said:

It’s not irrelevant.  The browns had the best yards per play in the 2nd half of the season and he had baker playing mvp level

Youre right.  No one knows.  What I do know is that this team loves Freddie kitchens because he’s f’n contagious.  He treats people right.  Realizes this is more than a game it’s people.  He’s an actual leader.  You can be skeptical.  You can underestimate.  I believe and most importantly John Dorsey did and I trust the hell out of him

lol

I love Kitchens too, but @ET80 isn’t wrong.  Actually, let me rephrase that, he’s correct.

Freddie did a great job last year, but it’s a very limited sample size and the league had little tape or time to identify tendencies or trends.

I get it’s nice to be relevant again, but let’s wait and see how things play out before pushing Belichick and Brady off the podium.

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

starting to border on a LT is overrated cause he might get injured argument

I'm just arguing against this talk that "Chubb > Gurley" discussion. Both are on a similar trajectory, both have a similar past in college. It's too soon to say that Chubb has overtaken a proven commodity and a top 3 player at their position.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love Kitchens too, but @ET80 isn’t wrong.  Actually, let me rephrase that, he’s correct.

Freddie did a great job last year, but it’s a very limited sample size and the league had little tape or time to identify tendencies or trends.

I get it’s nice to be relevant again, but let’s wait and see how things play out before pushing Belichick and Brady off the podium.

na.  its 3 days after we traded for obj.  time to be optimistic until the world comes crashing down.  i mean **** weve been bad for 20 years and we finally get a GLIMMER of hope of a good season and everyone wants us to temper expectations

BORING

Just now, mistakey said:

na.  its 3 days after we traded for obj.  time to be optimistic until the world comes crashing down.  i mean **** weve been bad for 20 years and we finally get a GLIMMER of hope of a good season and everyone wants us to temper expectations

BORING

I mean we can go as far off the deep end as we like, but it doesn’t make the take defensible or rational.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean we can go as far off the deep end as we like, but it doesn’t make the take defensible or rational.

just because something has a small sample size doesnt mean its destined to regress or not improve or not be as good as it seems.  i believe.  do you believe?

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Rookie coaching staff? Or a rookie HC? Freddie is a rookie but he has a lot of experience on that staff outside of his QB coach and DL coach  Lindsay has a lot of experience by being a former QB for Freddie. So the true rookie is The DL coach who has no real connections to anyone on staff and has never coached in the NFL before

One benefit Freddie has over other first time HCs is he already has a relationship with this team. 

I would want to see the track record of how well a first time HC does who was promoted with in. I know the first year for a HC can be tough cause they are learning how to work with the FO,  the coaches, the training staff, and the players. But when it comes to that aspect with freddie, he doesn’t have that learning curve. He doesn’t have install anything. He can hit the ground running, not everyone can do that. 

Out of all the NFL HCs only one has had a similar experience to Freddie and that was Jason Garrett. Was never a HC before but gets promoted within and his first year they win one game in the playoffs. 

If any browns fans is expecting a deep run they are putting the wagon way ahead of the cart. The expections should be AFC North title or bust really. Anything after that to exceed that is just gravy

Rookie HC with a new staff. McVay had a number of experienced coaches on his staff, same with Nagy. Both guys also had some holdovers from the previous staff. And I'm not talking about Kitchens having a tough first year. I'm talking about the playoffs. Also, there's zero chance that Kitchens won't be installing anything, and Wilks will definitely be installing a completely new scheme.

10 minutes ago, mistakey said:

starting to border on a LT is overrated cause he might get injured argument

No, it's on the "Chubb has the same history as Gurley, so odds are that he has the same risks." Of course, the Gurley nonsense is completely overblown.

Just now, mistakey said:

just because something has a small sample size doesnt mean its destined to regress or not improve or not be as good as it seems.  i believe.  do you believe?

I think our offense is going to be legit.  I have no concerns about Freddie, Todd, etc.  Baker is a legit stud imo. There were no smoke and mirrors last year, just reading defenses and making big d*ck throws.

That said, our defense is still a question mark and our special teams have a ways to go before they’re even a question mark.

Am I hopeful?  Of course.

Am I going to scoff at the idea we aren’t yet an elite franchise?  Nah, I’m not there yet.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think our offense is going to be legit.  I have no concerns about Freddie, Todd, etc.  Baker is a legit stud imo. There were no smoke and mirrors last year, just reading defenses and making big d*ck throws.

That said, our defense is still a question mark and our special teams have a ways to go before they’re even a question mark.

Am I hopeful?  Of course.

Am I going to scoff at the idea we aren’t yet an elite franchise?  Nah, I’m not there yet.

the topic is a discussion about the browns offense

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s actually fairly accurate if you’re just looking at his numbers under Kitchens.

A full season of those numbers and he’s in the discussion.

17/7 (3 fumbles)  
70% Completion  
279ypg  
While only being sacked 3 times, having an 87ypg rusher (in those games) and leading the team to 24 ppg are MVP numbers now? He had a good second half, no doubt, but i think we are stretching here.

2 minutes ago, mistakey said:

the topic is a discussion about the browns offense

Sticking strictly to the offense then...

We’re going to be good imo.  But so are the Chiefs, Rams, NE, Indy, Pitt, NO, etc.

The idea that because we made a couple moves we’re clearly better than offenses that scored 35 (Chiefs) and 33 (Rams) a game last year is ludicrous.

Christ the whole point of this thread was so king homer could troll NFL Gen, I’m not even sure he believed it (who am I kidding, yes he does).

Could we be?  Sure.  But the idea that fans are getting pushback for saying “eh, let’s see if this actually works” is bonkers to me.

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

17/7 (3 fumbles)  
70% Completion  
279ypg  
While only being sacked 3 times, having an 87ypg rusher (in those games) and leading the team to 24 ppg are MVP numbers now? He had a good second half, no doubt, but i think we are stretching here.

he went    19td 8int             8.57 YPA               68.44%      in the last 8 games...

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

17/7 (3 fumbles)  
70% Completion  
279ypg  

I said in the discussion.

He had the second highest passing DVOA in the league the last half the year IIRC behind Mahomes, the MVP.  I think that puts his play as being able to be described as “MVP level”. 

Just my opinion.

Archived