Steeler Pro Day/Visits

AFF

10 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Ben Burr-Kirven?  Prototypical modern day LB or career undersized ST player?  I like what I see on tape, but his size is scary small.

I like him. He seems to be tougher than his size indicates. He can take on blocks fairly well for being built like a safety. 

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

You honestly can't go wrong with either. I have been waiting for this day since Rod Woodson left OVER 20 YEARS AGO!  To each their own but I have a hard time understanding taking any other position. Arguably the best CB the Steelers have had since Rod is Ike Taylor. Let that sink in. Do the right thing and take a CB in the 1st and end the suckiness of drafted CBs! 

Baker all day.... I was heartbroken when Tombert did not go to UGA pro day.  He fits what we do, plays with a chip on his shoulder and is a gamer.  I also agree that you cannot have too many good corners, and Baker has the film to back up the claim.

Butler was at the UGA Pro day.

I noticed that the Steelers have seen 5 CBs in their private visits. Baker, Murphy, Layne, Ya-Sin and Sean Bunting .  I will not be surprised if Greedy Williams comes in but Tombert was at the LSU pro day.

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

You honestly can't go wrong with either. I have been waiting for this day since Rod Woodson left OVER 20 YEARS AGO!  To each their own but I have a hard time understanding taking any other position. Arguably the best CB the Steelers have had since Rod is Ike Taylor. Let that sink in. Do the right thing and take a CB in the 1st and end the suckiness of drafted CBs! 

Ike is underappreciated.  If he could only catch the ball he would have been accounted as one of the better CBs for the Steelers.  He was still a shut down CB for 4-5 years

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Ike is underappreciated.  If he could only catch the ball he would have been accounted as one of the better CBs for the Steelers.  He was still a shut down CB for 4-5 years

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ike. But being the best and only CB worth crap is frustrating. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Butler was at the UGA Pro day.

I noticed that the Steelers have seen 5 CBs in their private visits. Baker, Murphy, Layne, Ya-Sin and Sean Bunting .  I will not be surprised if Greedy Williams comes in but Tombert was at the LSU pro day.

That’s 5 top 2 round CBs...plus going to LSU, Clemson and NDs Pro days to boot.

That be one hell of a smoke screen.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

If Cody could catch the ball he would be a great WR.  I would take him in the 6th or 7th and hope the jug machine could help.

I think he has pretty nice hands though not a guy that's gonna win a lot of contested balls. Still progressing coming off injury. Great route runner. Shifty. I see a little Edleman in him (or Chrebet if you're old enough) though has quite a bit to go. 6th rd would be about right. 

Archived