Earl Thomas signs with Ravens

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I hate John Lynch. I was willing to pony up 4/60 for ET, and it seems like we didn't even really make a push for him. 

guaranteed we hear 'we made a strong push but were outbid'

I have made my peace with it. Still not as bad as doing NOTHING at edge last year... what a disaster that was

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

guaranteed we hear 'we made a strong push but were outbid'

I have made my peace with it. Still not as bad as doing NOTHING at edge last year... what a disaster that was

I've been complaining about their free agency tactics for 2 years now. nothing different this year. I've pretty much out on the idea that Lynch can create a real contending team. I have all the faith in the world as Shanny as a coach, but the team building is pretty brutal right now. 

Decosta's 1st break with Ozzy's way.  that is a lot of money for a 3rd contract. He will be 30 this spring and while a superior player when healthy he has been less of that over the last few years.   

1 minute ago, patman said:

Decosta's 1st break with Ozzy's way.  that is a lot of money for a 3rd contract. He will be 30 this spring and while a superior player when healthy he has been less of that over the last few years.   

I think he was better last year than the year before, dude looked great after his last injury. 

24 minutes ago, patman said:

This dude had 3 INT's in 4 games last year....

24 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This dude had 3 INT's in 4 games last year....

Oh, so you project that out to 16 games?   He is a superior player, all I said was DeCosta is breaking with tradition in signing a big money deal to player  that is over 30 and coming off an injury. 

7 minutes ago, patman said:

Oh, so you project that out to 16 games?   He is a superior player, all I said was DeCosta is breaking with tradition in signing a big money deal to player  that is over 30 and coming off an injury. 

You could have stopped at big money deal. I can't remember ever signing another team's free agent who was this valuable.

10 minutes ago, patman said:

That is literally not all you said, hence why I specifically bolded the part I was replying to.

6 hours ago, Forge said:

I've been complaining about their free agency tactics for 2 years now. nothing different this year. I've pretty much out on the idea that Lynch can create a real contending team. I have all the faith in the world as Shanny as a coach, but the team building is pretty brutal right now. 

I do understand why continuity is important in a front office. I wonder if Lynch feels the pressure though. That money needs to go somewhere and overpaying a little bit is fine for a team that needs players. If you guys gave earl 17 APY for 4 years, it would be a little rich, but is the kind of move that could add 1-2 wins to a team.

Archived