Tyrell Williams signs with the Oakland Raiders

agarcia34

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Worst case scenario, Carr stinks it up and we draft a QB high next year and have an incredible supporting cast from day 1.

Well, the worst case scenario is all the signings stink it up along with Carr and we are back to the drawing board but I'm sure @SilverNBlackFan would find a way to still blame Carr alone. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Well, the worst case scenario is all the signings stink it up along with Carr and we are back to the drawing board but I'm sure @SilverNBlackFan would find a way to still blame Carr alone. :ph34r:

😭 I probably would lol jk.

I just know Carrs contract is very easy to get out from under after next year. If the offense struggles for whatever reason, fair or not, Carr will receive majority of the blame. Franchise QBs dont lead bad offenses for 3 years straight. 

9 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

😭 I probably would lol jk.

I just know Carrs contract is very easy to get out from under after next year. If the offense struggles for whatever reason, fair or not, Carr will receive majority of the blame. Franchise QBs dont normally lead bad offenses for 3 years straight. 

Fify

But I see and understand your points.

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

11 million per year for a WR who caught a shade over 40 catches the last couple seasons. Im not a huge fan of this move as this means we wont re-sign Jared Cook. I dont think Cook will get 11 million per year on the open market

I'd prefer ansah and houston

28 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

How the hell am I a troll? Did you even read my post?

Tell me I'm wrong. Carr has talent around him now, it's either step up or he's out the door.

This isn't something that I've just now brought up.

I agree that if the oline protects better and we have a decent run game that Carr should perform better. If he doesn't then we would be foolish to not move on.

But if the Oline isn't giving him time, he will most likely have an up and down year like last year. If we don't have a run game to balance the offense then teams have an easier time stopping our progress down the field will, control time of possession and grind our young defense. If receivers drop passes, miss up timing routes and return to diva ways that isn't on Carr either. See how that works. Good signing don't guarantee results. Carr can play well and the offense can still be under performing.

I understand what you are saying and I know you can see the logic in the points I'm making.

This isn't a new discussion on this board and whenever someone says something along the lines of " Carr will have no more excuses. Put up or he's out" as you did, I make the same points. 

That is why I called you a troll.

11 million per year for a WR who caught a shade over 40 catches the last couple seasons. Im not a huge fan of this move as this means we wont re-sign Jared Cook. I dont think Cook will get 11 million per year on the open market

Again, look at how deep the group he was playing with was. He's a young big play threat with past production and the potential to exceed that.

I dont think Cook will get 11 million per year on the open market

Me either. Which means we will have a better shot at resigning him. But I don't know if that will be a priority with the young guys we have on roster and the deep TE draft. We'll see.

4 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

This isn't something that I've just now brought up.

I agree that if the oline protects better and we have a decent run game that Carr should perform better. If he doesn't then we would be foolish to not move on.

But if the Oline isn't giving him time, he will most likely have an up and down year like last year. If we don't have a run game to balance the offense then teams have an easier time stopping our progress down the field will, control time of possession and grind our young defense. If receivers drop passes, miss up timing routes and return to diva ways that isn't on Carr either. See how that works. Good signing don't guarantee results. Carr can play well and the offense can still be under performing.

I understand what you are saying and I know you can see the logic in the points I'm making.

This isn't a new discussion on this board and whenever someone says something along the lines of " Carr will have no more excuses. Put up or he's out" as you did, I make the same points. 

That is why I called you a troll.

Hahaha so let me get this straight,  you called me a troll because of what I said about Carr?

Dude lol you're funny. I will be glad to tell you my stance on him.

But not here. We don't need another topic hijacked by this subject.

I was merely stating that I like the Williams signing because it gives us a strong #2 receiver who will keep defenses from focusing completely on Brown, and that turned into me saying what I did about Carr.

You are right though, all our signings could fail. Its very likely that most of them will, but I'm being optimistic about them and hoping for the best. 

22 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Hahaha so let me get this straight,  you called me a troll because of what I said about Carr?

Dude lol you're funny. I will be glad to tell you my stance on him.

But not here. We don't need another topic hijacked by this subject.

I was merely stating that I like the Williams signing because it gives us a strong #2 receiver who will keep defenses from focusing completely on Brown, and that turned into me saying what I did about Carr.

You are right though, all our signings could fail. Its very likely that most of them will, but I'm being optimistic about them and hoping for the best.

I don't need to hear "your stance" on Carr. That topic has been beat to death already.

If you genuinely didn't know the board history on the topic than I take it back.

If you're baiting and switching then whatever. have fun.

I don't agree that it's "very likely" all the signings will fail or the offense is poor again tho. I'm also trying to be optimistic.

2 hours ago, justwinbaby81 said:

If Brown isn't a huge upgrade over Osemele, we made a big mistake in signing him. A premier tackle should be a big improvement over a declining player who missed 5 games last season. There is a reason we shed his $10M salary and took on $17M for Brown, and it's not for a small upgrade.

KO has not been dominant in 2 years. We can blame Cable some for last year, but 2017 KO was not great either. Brown is ascending, is as big of a player as there is in the league and actually pretty nimble. It needs to be a huge upgrade, we are banking on that.

A huge upgrade at tackle and even comparable guard play will lead to much better production out of Carr and the offense. I'm not sure what else could be done this free agency more than what we did. Trent Brown is a huge piece.

I have stated my disagreement on Williams so don't get me wrong there, but I would not have used any more funds towards offensive line. We need to make the pieces we have on the line work, and the versatility & ability of Brown helps to figure out what that configuration is.

I'm not talking Brown vs Good, I'm talking net gain. Even PFF is grading Brown out as average. So, we went from putrid LT to average LT and below average guard to below average guard (PFF's rankings). How is this magically supposed to transform an O-line that gave up 50+ sacks last year to the QB who is 2nd fastest in the league at getting the ball out of his hands? The proper answer is, the OL still needs more work. We either need to continue to address it in the draft r free agency, or pray that a couple of our guys make leaps and strides in their game. 

Shiny new LT feels nice, but the o-line should still be rated below average until more is done. 

Archived