49ers sign Tevin Coleman RB

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, N4L said:

yeah, that's how I feel. 

He is a solid player who knows the system that we signed to a reasonable contract. 

I still have no ****ing clue what we are trying to accomplish this offseason

I am starting to think picks 1, 2, and 3 are going to be any combo of edge/WR/Safety.  Free Agency is shoring up other areas for depth, pass rush, and LB corps.  

1 minute ago, N4L said:

I still have no ****ing clue what we are trying to accomplish this offseason

To be clear to everyone...this is my issue. Not Coleman the player, or even the contract. I mean, I've been expecting this for 2 days now, so it's not like I'm shocked or anything. But this quote right here pretty much sums up my problem, mainly because I've been one of the people blasting them for the last two years regarding this very thing. 

The contract is fine, the player is fine. I'm tired of trying to justify weird decisions with, "meh, why not?" or "it doesn't really hurt us at all" 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

And there's the rub...

We are still under water on the deal. It costs us more to cut him then keep him, though there is some weird confusion about some of the bonus info, I will admit (there's an explanation for it on OTC). 

2 minutes ago, DirtyJersey9er said:

I am starting to think picks 1, 2, and 3 are going to be any combo of edge/WR/Safety.  Free Agency is shoring up other areas for depth, pass rush, and LB corps.  

They need to be. 

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

That was two years ago....at some point you have to get over Juice's contract. It is what it is. Dude is a baller and does ALOT in terms of the scheme and creating mismatches elsewhere on the field because of his receiving prowless. Not to mention he's still a helluva of a run-blocker. 

Not saying he sucked. Just saying he was overpaid. 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

this is a shanny move 100%

Definitely agreed! I thought we would go after him when I realized he was an FA and of course their time together in Atl, so he knows his scheme. I like the contract so we didn’t overpay. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

To be clear to everyone...this is my issue. Not Coleman the player, or even the contract. I mean, I've been expecting this for 2 days now, so it's not like I'm shocked or anything. But this quote right here pretty much sums up my problem, mainly because I've been one of the people blasting them for the last two years regarding this very thing. 

The contract is fine, the player is fine. I'm tired of trying to justify weird decisions with, "meh, why not?" or "it doesn't really hurt us at all" 

But why is THIS move weird though? We very well may cut McK...or we just might prefer to have a back-up plan to the back-up. I understand not getting the Alexander move but THIS move I totally see the why and the logic. And they didn't overpay for once so I'm super pumped on that front. But if you're talking about the lack of activities in regards to safety, CB and WR thus far, I totally get it...off-season is still young tho

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, oddly enough..they still seem to garner national respect and admiration too.

but for all the things they do right (draft relatively well, safe contracts, team chemistry) they just make choices that defy logic. Not grabbing an edge last year, over paying RBs when they have UDFA’s playing well, relying on historically unreliable people to man certain positions.

like..I still contend they ultimately do a better job than a good portion of Gms but man do they just make super stupid and weird calls sometimes. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

But why is THIS move weird though? We very well may cut McK...or we just might prefer to have a back-up plan to the back-up. I understand not getting the Alexander move but THIS move I totally see the why and the logic. And they didn't overpay for once so I'm super pumped on that front. But if you're talking about the lack if activities in regards to safety, CB and WR thus far, I totally get it...

Pretty much...I just see no reason that running back should have had this great of a priority for us this year. I find that just silly. LIS elsewhere, its also symptomatic of issues I've had with this regime for three years now. There's nothing wrong with the signing, it's whatever. Just more gas on a bigger fire in my evaluation of what this front office is doing. I actually think he'll be a solid / good player for us. I really don't know what we are doing. It's an unnecessary hole to fill. 

Im not having an issue with this at all, Mckinnon coming off ACL and Breida with nagging injuries, why not sign a back that wouldn't skip a beat for a decent deal. I'm for it,  maybe get a little more creative with our backfield and spell McKinnon/ Breida.

I friggin' for it!

Archived