Free agency - who is left.

WizardHawk

7 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Cowboys & redskins favourites to land Eric berry 

Hate to be cynical but if another club is involved, we will lowball, get outbid, lose the player, and then wonder what happened.  I hope I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Hate to be cynical but if another club is involved, we will lowball, get outbid, lose the player, and then wonder what happened.  I hope I'm wrong.

sometimes I feel like hell needs to freeze over before we get to our winning ways. but dont you worry I'm be waiting for that day

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I’m surprised that Eifert didn’t break his wrist while signing the new contract.

Good one.  Eifert is a gamble, a big one, with an injury history no denying it.  His talent is undeniable.  We have a need and Eifert would have been worth a low risk, incentive heavy prove it deal.  Hopefully Witten can move the chains, and one of Jardin or Schultz can really progress.

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

I’d take him on an extreme cheap deal. Not much more than Veteran Minimum.  

It'd have to be incentive-laden, based on health/how many games he was able to play. 

5 hours ago, Northland said:

It’ll be the same tired excuse: well, we really tried but it just didn’t work. Read: we made an offer which would’ve been appropriate three years ago so we lost out.

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want Eric Berry?

I only wouldn't want Berry if it stopped us from pursuing a longterm safety solution opposite Woods. Because when Berry is healthy, he's a monster, so I'm sure any contract he gets will be structured in a way that protects the team from injury.

5 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want Eric Berry?

Berry is not to far off from Thomas with talent, age and injury concerns. Berry only had one major football injury that kept him out a year.  So if you were willing to spend 15m on Thomas you shouldn't be afraid to 9 on Berry.

Sign Law ( or trade him for at least a 1st round pick this year)

Renew Cooper (creates more cap space this year)

Sign Houston and Berry

I'll be a happy camper.

Archived