My Annual Forum by Forum Mock Draft

Jason_Bengal_Fl

41 minutes ago, true2form said:

If you can't trade down then you take your top rated DE. Doesn't matter which one it is, who do they think fits PGs system best. 

I know we all like the big boards and the player rankings, but it's all subjective. We all know that players at the top of the draft bust out and 6th rounders become hall of famers. I think we all get caught up in the value game a bit too much. None of it matters if it works out or if it doesn't. 

Remember Jamarcus Russell was projected to be the #1 pick by everyone. We all know how that turned out, but I always laugh when one of experts calls it a bad pick when they projected it in the first place.

I’m glad you’re not GM if you’d take Gary, Clelin, Polite , etc over Q. 

I'd rather just roll with Hurst, Q., and maybe PJ Hall all playing on the line than reach for a DE. Have Arden Key playing the other DE position. That's if we only get one DL in the draft. Of course I hope we grab a DE at the end of the first or second round. But having Q. and Hurst might become a very strong duo. 

55 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'd rather just roll with Hurst, Q., and maybe PJ Hall all playing on the line than reach for a DE. Have Arden Key playing the other DE position. That's if we only get one DL in the draft. Of course I hope we grab a DE at the end of the first or second round. But having Q. and Hurst might become a very strong duo. 

We played Darrell Russell out of position his rookie year as a DE because McGlockton was in Russell's natural position. I'd put Q at strong side DE his rookie season and see how that works out with all the DT's we've got on the line. Don't know about our pass rush, but stopping the run should be stout...

33 minutes ago, G said:

We played Darrell Russell out of position his rookie year as a DE because McGlockton was in Russell's natural position. I'd put Q at strong side DE his rookie season and see how that works out with all the DT's we've got on the line. Don't know about our pass rush, but stopping the run should be stout...

I hate playing guys out of position, it stunts there growth if we grab Q then him and Hurst should be in the middle we have Key at one DE spot and there is still plenty of time to swing a trade or wait for cuts to grab a serviceable DE.

Archived